Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I touched on it in the post match OHL thread, 

I'm concerned with how much time we've given Vardy at starting striker given his age. We've not moved onto alternative ways of scoring or moved (publicly at least) for some brilliant talent available for these positions 

We are in for a world of trouble if we don't get 2-3 creative and attacking players in.

We've literally removed the only 3 players who could score or create for us. Especially given Iheanacho is also off.

Did Maresca ever cross paths with Tony Pulis?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We are in for a world of trouble if we don't get 2-3 creative and attacking players in.

We've literally removed the only 3 players who could score or create for us. Especially given Iheanacho is also off.

2-3 quality attacking and creative players, especially since we've been hesitant to trial much academy products out.

Losing Nacho as well will be gutting, I'm concerned for how we're lining up and looking. The game time we're giving to those wanting out.

We'll be dammed if we end up relying on Praet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, les-tah said:

disgusting how far ahead we were of villa a few year ago now look at us. The difference is huge.

They are on their way to another £100m+ spend this season which they have done for the previous 4, even £150m in 1 of those seasons.
They have spent 0.5Bn+ so far since returning to the Premier Lge (this will be the 5th Season)
It's not the JG money because they spent that the same season he left, also i can't see them being tight with wages they have some pretty big names there/going there, all seems abit sus.

We have beaten them on league positions in 4 of the those 5 seasons, the difference is that (for this season) we will be playing in the championship but the huge difference is the money they spend.

@JimJams yes Emery played his part for last season but we were already coming down on the wrong side of the hill, had we spent best part 0.5Bn over the past 4 seasons we probably wouldn't be where we are now.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, les-tah said:

disgusting how far ahead we were of the villa a few year ago now look at us. The difference now is huge.

Where’s the money coming from? They seem to consistently spend a fair whack and not really do much. Emery coming in has obviously changed their trajectory but can they sustain this spending?

13 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

6+ still to come in.

Fair few still to shift out. 

Iversen and/or Ward

Vesty and/or Faes

Can see Thomas or Kristensen being allowed to leave

Castagne 

Soumare 

Ndidi

Nacho

Going to be an interesting few weeks until the market closes.

Thanks for the info as always.

Do you see any new ins likely in next couple of days? 

Will be interesting to see if any players have not travelled as it may be an indication that a move is close. 

19 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

6+ still to come in.

Iversen and/or Ward

Vesty and/or Faes

Castagne 

Soumare 

Ndidi

Nacho

2x No.8’s 

3x wingers 

1x Striker

Pleaseeeee. Interestingly, did you purposefully leave out Praet? Can see him playing a big role this year.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

The fees that Man City have got for Trafford, Charles and Borges shows why its unlikely we'd be negotiating any permanent deals for their academy players this summer.

I always thought they were open to selling for reasonable fees when they only had a year left but Borges shows that their reputation is now setting the market.

Alex Robertson is possibly the only one we could get reasonably cheap.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep waiting for these transfers to arrive. Worrying

43 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Where’s the money coming from? They seem to consistently spend a fair whack and not really do much. Emery coming in has obviously changed their trajectory but can they sustain this spending?

I think it's less about where the money is coming from, and more how have they not breached FFP regulations, surely their wage bill is going to be way above the  permitted level?

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fees that Man City have got for Trafford, Charles and Borges shows why its unlikely we'd be negotiating any permanent deals for their academy players this summer.

I always thought they were open to selling for reasonable fees when they only had a year left but Borges shows that their reputation is now setting the market.

Alex Robertson is possibly the only one we could get reasonably cheap.

Ridiculous fees for untested players, Trafford I can get behind but Charles and Borges are about 30-50% higher than I'd want to pay. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

6+ still to come in.

Iversen and/or Ward

Vesty and/or Faes

Castagne 

Soumare 

Ndidi

Nacho

If we’re getting 6 plus… even assuming 3 of those are Piroe, Mavididi and Giles. We must be looking at a few freebies? 

Some interesting ones still on the freebie list. Massengo wanted a bigger team than Bristol City and it never materialised but did well on loan in Ligue 1 last season.

Lanzini would be a real stretch but possible links to coaching staff might be an in? 

22 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Ridiculous fees for untested players, Trafford I can get behind but Charles and Borges are about 30-50% higher than I'd want to pay. 

Yeah, the conveyor belt just keeps going. They now know any U21 player that does well at a fairly mediocre level will have buyers for £10-15m. It's too easy for them, especially with the buy back clauses.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If we’re getting 6 plus… even assuming 3 of those are Piroe, Mavididi and Giles. We must be looking at a few freebies? 

Some interesting ones still on the freebie list. Massengo wanted a bigger team than Bristol City and it never materialised but did well on loan in Ligue 1 last season.

Lanzini would be a real stretch but possible links to coaching staff might be an in? 

Massengo was pony for Bristol City, I know we've been linked before but he's really done absolutely nothing at this level that I'd want us to sign him. I suppose a new club in a different system might benefit him but we are likely to keep Hamza who is better than him currently.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Massengo was pony for Bristol City, I know we've been linked before but he's really done absolutely nothing at this level that I'd want us to sign him. I suppose a new club in a different system might benefit him but we are likely to keep Hamza who is better than him currently.

Still an interesting name to be floating around on a freebie list though isn't he mate! 

Imagine the sticking point is BC can still claim compo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

6+ still to come in.

Iversen and/or Ward

Vesty and/or Faes

Castagne 

Soumare 

Ndidi

Nacho

Not Preat?