Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we couldn't get Rak-Sakyi permanently (highly doubtful) I'd not want him on loan. Palace are the sort of club that half a season doing well in the Championship and they'd have him back, like we did with Barnes and scuppered West Brom's promotion.

We could pay a little higher loan fee and not allow a raecall clause 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ouch, he'd be ideal as well. I hope that means we are in for better.

Strange as it might be to say, I see that as an encouraging sign for us. Even if we don't get Casadei on loan, it's clear that the position has been identified as one that needs a very good player in. Which makes sense, because the number 10 shirt is currently free!

Sambiasso mentioned enquiries were made for Nico O'Reilly, so that could be a good alternative.

Personally this summer, there isn't a specific player that I desperately want us to get, I just want us to get players for the obvious positions that need to be replaced (wingers, Madders / Youri replacement) who are logically good signings for that position. On here we can all identify 10+ realistic signings for every position, so whilst we might not get our first choice, I'm sure we'll get someone good.

So far all of our signings have been of good quality and for positions we need. And already on the pitch there are signs it's starting to cone together. So I'm chill, believe in Maresca!

• Like 2

On 17/07/2023 at 17:09, Ric Flair said:

This truly sickens me

It's more of a reminder too of just how quickly we need to return. If it's in more than a season, we could have not only a top 7 that will be more favoured than us - but even teams like Bournemouth could with what they're building. 

Okay Forest stayed up in the end because of Cooper, but that strategy won't work for teams again. The gap is getting bigger and bigger and more huge takeovers like the Newcastle one are also likely to happen. I was so glad we were seemingly firmly in the closed shop of the Premier League, and now we are out of it in desperate need of return. 

• Like 1

The importance to get back is crazy. I think Sheffield and Luton going down so I don’t see an established team going down, as only one other spot. Meaning that teams that seem to be building will probs be able to continue meaning Everton, Bournemouth, forest, Burnley, wolves etc can pull further way from us. I think the damage has been done, however, if we go straight back up then I think our long term premier league future will be ok. But if we don’t,  we could be down for a while. 

Edited by DezFox

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Riyad Mahrez leaving Man City to sign for Al Ahli.  I'm no fan of Man City Corp and I know some are still bitter about Riyad, but I'm sad that he's leaving the Premiership. 

I forgot about the antics pretty quickly to be honest, he's one player i've never heald a grudge against. 

I could watch videos of his first touch on a loop, still gets me out of my seat even as a neutral watching games at the pub, an absolute luxury and a shame he's not getting a stint at PSG or somewhere like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

DIsappointed we've missed out 

This one hurts me more than Borges if I'm honest. Something about Borges technique that I'm not 100% convinced on yet, where as Hutchinson's technical ability is mind blowing.

I hope we have a plan. I'd obviously have been happy with Borges at this level but I can see why Man City have cashed in.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This one hurts me more than Borges if I'm honest. Something about Borges technique that I'm not 100% convinced on yet, where as Hutchinson's technical ability is mind blowing.

I hope we have a plan. I'd obviously have been happy with Borges at this level but I can see why Man City have cashed in.

I touched on it in the post match OHL thread, 

I'm concerned with how much time we've given Vardy at starting striker given his age. We've not moved onto alternative ways of scoring or moved (publicly at least) for some brilliant talent available for these positions