Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Shea Charles vs Harry Winks will be an interesting comparison at the end of the season. I think both will end up being great signings for different reasons. IF Southampton keep Ward-Prowse then they don’t need that much experience. The more I think about it the more I think our 2 signings so far were needed just for experience / professionalism. 

I suspect Charles is being brought in to replace Lavia who's expected to leave for huge money. 

I really hope we can pick up some high potential players, once Barnes goes the lack of players with potential to be worth huge money is terrifyingly low.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I know we are a championship club, but it is thoroughly depressing that clubs like Bournemouth have a bigger pull than us now, stings seeing them go for players we should have last year 

• Like 2

Can’t get my head around the Scott situation. Been quiet all summer even though he was expected to leave. Even talk of Dortmund in for him to replace Jude. Then first rumour is Bournemouth!! 

He’s an absolute no risk for a top 6 team, buy him, send him straight back to Bristol City, see him next year. 

He shouldn’t even be in Bournemouth’s thought process. The lad is going to be a superstar. 

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can’t get my head around the Scott situation. Been quiet all summer even though he was expected to leave. Even talk of Dortmund in for him to replace Jude. Then first rumour is Bournemouth!! 

He’s an absolute no risk for a top 6 team, buy him, send him straight back to Bristol City, see him next year. 

He shouldn’t even be in Bournemouth’s thought process. The lad is going to be a superstar. 

I disagree. I don't think any of the top clubs are willing to pay the £25m and then loan him out again. He's still a year or two off being PL ready, his end product has to improve significantly. Reminds me very much of Grealish who was not worth his salt until his mid twenties.

I think an ambitious smaller club takes the punt on him instead. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I know we are a championship club, but it is thoroughly depressing that clubs like Bournemouth have a bigger pull than us now, stings seeing them go for players we should have last year 

This also still pains me about our relegation. Missing out on targets that are now going to PL clubs, that we could have realistically and conceivably also gone for. 

I mean extremely blue tinted specs here and very arrogant but aren't we still a much bigger pull than bournemouth? So if we really wanted Alex Scott and could fit him into our plans we would try go for him.

we are very likely to be playing premier league next season if all goes to plan and with the best training and development facilities in the country aswell.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No, we're not. Going to Bournemouth means he can showcase himself for the next step.  If they go down, he'll get clauses to leave anyway and if he's proved himself, he'd get his move. Essentially we'd both be stepping stones, but Bournemouth is closer to the bigger pond.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, les-tah said:

I mean extremely blue tinted specs here and very arrogant but aren't we still a much bigger pull than bournemouth? So if we really wanted Alex Scott and could fit him into our plans we would try go for him.

we are very likely to be playing premier league next season if all goes to plan and with the best training and development facilities in the country aswell.

You’re deluded 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCABC said:

You’re deluded 

Well, it seems my 'extremely blue tinted specs' introduction went straight over your head. Could it be that it's not my delusion but rather your ability to decode a paragraph that's in question here? :nigel:

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

Tbf Bournemouth do like buying Bristol City players..although the source is Talkshite so who knows.

Anyway 15m won't do it 

• Like 1

I don't really buy into this "get over it we are in the Championship & therefore Luton, Bournemouth, Forest etc etc are better clubs for players to go to" because it ALL depends on how the player sees his career path panning out.

When Kante left us he had the pick of  any club in world football but chose Chelsea who weren't going to be in the champions league, but he could see their previous season was a blip & was willing to run the following season knowing they would be back, & in fact he won the league in that 1st season.

A quick grab for the limelight often results in long term pain & would we want a player who's 1st thought is money anyway (not aimed at any individual player) over, thinking about what's the managers style of play & where does he see me fitting in, what players are at a club already, what's the clubs short '&' long term goals, club history, facilities etc etc then money

Long term rewards come to those that chose wisely & work hard.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Can’t believe they are going to get their hands on Sangare ffs

That is an amazing signing. When you've got teams losing their shit over signing Rice for 100m and then this guy at 1/3 the price it makes you think. Rice is the better player, but we've seen Sangare in the flesh, the guy is excellent.

• Like 2