Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

He's steady, but very average.

Not a player to have, if the club is looking towards being a top-six PL side at some point.

I would agree with you if we were still in the PL, we aren’t signing players that can challenge for Europe in the championship unfortunately 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

I'd like this one to happen.

He's not the best player in the world, but that's not the market we're operating in. And he would be a lot better than most Championship midfielders.

We also need players that can play a metronomical style I expect Marasca will want, especially in central midfield. He could be a player with a massively positive influence on the team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Come off it , blue tinted specs here surely! Im a KDH fan but Winks is a 27 year old that has 10 caps for England and been capped at all youth levels from U17-U21 and KDH has none of the above. You cant tell me Winks on paper couldnt drop down and be one of the best players in that league. 

KDH is proven at championship given his successful spell at Luton.

KDH may not have the quality for a six player but he has heart, engine, progressive & box to box ability.

Winks is a passenger in a top six side, barely did anything at Sampdoria either.

Southgate hands caps out like sweets, a youth International doesn't always translate to a top pro.

The fact Winks has more caps than Maddison tells you all you need to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No for me. Maybe quality wise he would do fine for the championship. But I just don’t see him having the right mentality and attitude that we need.

Firstly, he’s been brought through Spurs and spent his career there so can’t see him having a winning mentality that we need.

And he’s 27. Having come through at Spurs, will he really have envisioned himself at 27 in the championship? Likely not so will probably think he is above us and on higher wages that we should be paying.

• Like 1

Not for me. Apart from the fact that he's shite, he'd want a big wage, and I strongly doubt he'd have the right attitude stepping down from a bigger club and from the PL.

I'd much rather we target mainly young players and the odd experienced player if the price is right. Signing players at their peak just makes no sense financially, and we never seem to get those signings right, anyway.

Stinks like a terrible signing to me. Avoid.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 4

We need first,certain players that help us go the reasses and rebuild…Which will take various paths.

In the past,not only us but other clubs too,searched for such a player & we found some gems,who in the foxbades era ,became loved players by us.

I would grab Winks in an instance…Both KDH & Winks,in our squad,sometimes pairing up,sometimes alternative tactics,and after our tragic 2 years injury…To cover each other, with also other players. At present it’s about the Squad,not preferences

between players in either him, him or him.

The collective with new manager,transfer funds & wages will be assessed in holding & re-investment of players,but no matter

what,nothing changes…We still have to have cover for every position & growth from

Within our Academies..Like always some players,can cover 2 maybe 3 positions.

A decent squad with potential even in the championship,is minimum 22 players.

It seem many posters are still operating in PL mode..Have they forgotten so soon,the Pearson-era where he built on..journey men,scamps,others left overs & unknowns.  That era was the last time we had a rebuild through the club

Not one FT-poster,can start to say his opinions ( including mine) count on individual

players and their attributes…our new story has not yet begun,we have to dig out,chisel,shape and over 2-3 seasons create that first rebuild…

• Like 4