Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think it's just a rehash of old news, and not actually giving anything new. 

You're right, but I don't think Romano really needs to go out of his way to rehash old news unless there was still truth around it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Highlights of him on Chelskis recent pre season tour

From that I feel like Poch has been playing him a bit deeper than he should be. I suppose he doesn't really fit that Chelsea 3-4-3 (assuming they're still playing that...)

Chelsea were always going to keep him for a lot of this pre season to have a look, same with Chukwuemeka. It seems the latter is ahead of him along with most of their midfielders.

He’ll go out on loan, and I can’t see him starting in a prem side. I see the foreign first division sides as the threat. I hope it’s Chelsea being hesitant to let him drop to the Championship and not the other way around as I think if he came here motivated to really do well, he’d be a huge asset in that right 8 roll. He’d be finishing a few of those chances that Wilf has not. 

Edited by Levi Port

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

From that I feel like Poch has been playing him a bit deeper than he should be. I suppose he doesn't really fit that Chelsea 3-4-3 (assuming they're still playing that...)

They’re not no, but they’re a little light in deeper midfield areas. Think when they get a body in or two in those areas he’ll be gone. 

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite clear that he's coming here unless a suitable PL team come in that can guarantee him 1st team football. I'd hazard a guess it's been loosely agreed for a few weeks now, hence Percy and McGrath's article saying so.

I recall @Sambiasso saying so too before Thailand? 

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Last I was told about Casadei was he didn't want to play championship football next season and backed himself to stay at Chelsea. 

I doubt we'd be his first choice if other offers were on the table.

Im taking it we are done for now until we get people out the door??

7 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Im taking it we are done for now until we get people out the door??

I'd be surprised if we're completely done. Development loans don't tend to be incredibly expensive, younger players aren't on huge wages and their selling clubs don't tend to require considerable loan fees because you're doing them a favour to an extent giving their players match day experience. 

I'd be surprised if we don't try and get at least a winger and a midfielder in on loan. Makes links to the like of Hannibal and Diallo quite believable. 

But a lot of those players, Casadei included, are probably currently on the fringes of Premier League squads and their clubs might not have completely made up their minds yet about their futures. So it could still be another couple of weeks before we know for sure and we start making moves. 

But I'd definitely be shocked if we make any more permanent moves unless we shift the like of Soumare, Praet, Vesty, Nahco and Co. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

He probably does not want to come here and is waiting for team from Serie A or premier league to come in for him we will be his last option. Better off going elsewhere.

...the last player to come here, but reluctant to do so, was instrumental in us winning the league!!!

If he came in and we won this division and the F.A. Cup, and we met the value to sign him permanently, would we begrudge him going elsewhere next season?

53 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Chelsea were always going to keep him for a lot of this pre season to have a look, same with Chukwuemeka. It seems the latter is ahead of him along with most of their midfielders.

He’ll go out on loan, and I can’t see him starting in a prem side. I see the foreign first division sides as the threat. I hope it’s Chelsea being hesitant to let him drop to the Championship and not the other way around as I think if he came here motivated to really do well, he’d be a huge asset in that right 8 roll. He’d be finishing a few of those chances that Wilf has not. 

...just watching the YouTube video, looks like quite a few loose passes all over the pitch!!!

He looks like someone who wants the play to be dictated by him and that is a sign of confidence in himself, but his distribution does tend to let him down. It has been said that he is being played deeper than he would have normally and if anything he seems a good option for a 4-3-3, notably playing alongside Winks but being more attacking.

I would rather have a dynamic player like Hamer in our midfield who would drive this team, we do not have enough of that mentality.

I get that players will back themselves to do well at their parent club and perhaps if they do go on loan, go to the highest level etc.

I’m conscious that we don’t actually know what is going on in Casadei’s head so would not want to make assumptions.

However, if any player is delaying because we are a ‘last resort’ then why the hell aren’t we moving on. Haven’t we had enough players here who clearly don’t want to be? 

Yes we want the best players available but if they aren’t readily available, why are we putting ourselves in a position where we hold on and hold on. At the level we are at, we are an attractive proposition so surely we must have other targets we can move on to….

16 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I get that players will back themselves to do well at their parent club and perhaps if they do go on loan, go to the highest level etc.

I’m conscious that we don’t actually know what is going on in Casadei’s head so would not want to make assumptions.

However, if any player is delaying because we are a ‘last resort’ then why the hell aren’t we moving on. Haven’t we had enough players here who clearly don’t want to be? 

Yes we want the best players available but if they aren’t readily available, why are we putting ourselves in a position where we hold on and hold on. At the level we are at, we are an attractive proposition so surely we must have other targets we can move on to….

16 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think we should concentrate on experience, not 18-19 year old loans. We need all the know how we can get to achieve our objective

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just watching the YouTube video, looks like quite a few loose passes all over the pitch!!!

He looks like someone who wants the play to be dictated by him and that is a sign of confidence in himself, but his distribution does tend to let him down. It has been said that he is being played deeper than he would have normally and if anything he seems a good option for a 4-3-3, notably playing alongside Winks but being more attacking.

I would rather have a dynamic player like Hamer in our midfield who would drive this team, we do not have enough of that mentality.

Yeah mate I agree he’s not the finished article and Reading say he was talented but didn’t exactly set their side alight. I also completely agree id rather buy Hamer than loan Cesar however it seems from what I’ve read and links I’ve seen that were going for a loan signing for that right sided 8 and I believe we could do a lot worse than him. He would be playing on the top right of our box midfield tasked with getting into the box and finishing and as you say it looks like that suits him. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

You're right, but I don't think Romano really needs to go out of his way to rehash old news unless there was still truth around it.

He would considering how much he loves to lap up the likes and RTs... 

9 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I think we should concentrate on experience, not 18-19 year old loans. We need all the know how we can get to achieve our objective

Im not sure I particularly agree with this as such. 

I think we have made some experienced signings (Coady and Winks) and even Mavididi. You do need a good mix so some younger players are welcome. I also think we do need to utilise loans (see Doyle). For me it is about getting the squad together for the season.

We seem to be chasing big names loans from the bigger clubs where the clubs and players are in no rush and will string it out. I’d sooner us go for a Poku for example from Peterborough if he wants to come and is up for it than waiting around for deadline day and a half arsed, here as a last resort Palmer. Just as an example of course. 

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Im not sure I particularly agree with this as such. 

I think we have made some experienced signings (Coady and Winks) and even Mavididi. You do need a good mix so some younger players are welcome. I also think we do need to utilise loans (see Doyle). For me it is about getting the squad together for the season.

We seem to be chasing big names loans from the bigger clubs where the clubs and players are in no rush and will string it out. I’d sooner us go for a Poku for example from Peterborough if he wants to come and is up for it than waiting around for deadline day and a half arsed, here as a last resort Palmer. Just as an example of course. 

I'd sooner we waited and got in the best player/s we can, you're also assuming that should he not get the move that he wants and signs for us that he'll be 'half arsed'.

Remember Kante?

Yes I do know what happened last season with players who didn't want to be here but I'm assuming/hoping a lot of that was down to the manager.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Loans can be a bit risky as they often have clauses which oblige us to play them regardless of form.

If a player doesn't really want to come on loan here then we should avoid. 

Has any club ever taken a player on loan with that in the agreement? Have we? I know it's been rumoured with a couple of players but I'd always asssumed it was bollocks.