Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

15 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I'd sooner we waited and got in the best player/s we can, you're also assuming that should he not get the move that he wants and signs for us that he'll be 'half arsed'.

Remember Kante?

Yes I do know what happened last season with players who didn't want to be here but I'm assuming/hoping a lot of that was down to the manager.

All about opinions and I respect yours. I was careful to say in the post before the one your quoted that I don’t want to make assumptions about the player (I.e not wanting to come here). 

I think there’s a middle ground to be had. I’m not saying go and get any old clogger that will come. But I also think with how many games come and go early on, we shouldn’t be held to ransom. There’s a world of players who would be excellent for us. 

I do remember Kante. He also couldn’t get out quick enough though. 

I agree with the last bit that hopefully it was a lot due to the attitude set by Rodgers which we would not have more professionalism.

33 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

If Enzo has gone back in for him, he must have had some encouragement from somewhere 

The Chelsea fan I spoke to said the word is he’s been told he will be loaned out. Enzo obviously wants his profile in the club, but Chelsea are likely to send him wherever it financially benefits them, not him. 

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

All about opinions and I respect yours. I was careful to say in the post before the one your quoted that I don’t want to make assumptions about the player (I.e not wanting to come here). 

I think there’s a middle ground to be had. I’m not saying go and get any old clogger that will come. But I also think with how many games come and go early on, we shouldn’t be held to ransom. There’s a world of players who would be excellent for us. 

I do remember Kante. He also couldn’t get out quick enough though. 

I agree with the last bit that hopefully it was a lot due to the attitude set by Rodgers which we would not have more professionalism.

I do get what you're saying about players not wanting to be here and I generally agree. 

With Casadei, i do think it's a bit different. He will know that if he ends up here, he has no choice but to impress to stand a chance of making that Chelsea squad next year. If he half arses it, he will end up on loan again or worse... Chelsea don't exactly have the best reputation with how they treat youth players. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The Chelsea fan I spoke to said the word is he’s been told he will be loaned out. Enzo obviously wants his profile in the club, but Chelsea are likely to send him wherever it financially benefits them, not him. 

thats a yes and no, 

if they sent him to a place where he hardly played but chelsea got a massive loan fee, it wouldnt help either

send him to somewhere he plays alot for a reasonable fee, player gets experience, chelsea get a decent loan fee plus a shop window if they feel they want to sell

• Like 1

Smart loan if we pull it off as I reckon even if he smashes it with us I think Chelsea would then want him to go on loan in the Prem for a season rather than use him themselves (they will probably have also spent another £100m on other young centre mids by then as well)

So as long as we do go up we would have a good chance to keep him for at least another season, meaning 1 less player to bring in that summer

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Loans can be a bit risky as they often have clauses which oblige us to play them regardless of form.

I don't think that's strictly true. There are sometimes clauses placed in to loans for a type of fine if the player isn't getting played and also terms to recall players if they aren't being used, but not an obligation to play them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Had a chat with my mate, (the Chelsea fan) he’s pretty clued up with things going on there. He says that essentially as it stands we’re at the front of the queue, if you can call it that. He says as far as he is aware no one else has made a formal approach in this country. Fulham have shown some interest but that’s it. There are options in Italy, but they’re unfavourable at the moment as he wants to be playing for a decent club over there. 

Casadei knows Maresca well apparently, so I think this is a case of if he doesn’t get an offer he can’t refuse from elsewhere that suits him, he will be coming here. Maresca will be the deciding factor, naturally he has tied with the national team set up, which means even if he comes here and smashes it, there’s half a chance he can get into the full Italian team. 

He isn’t staying at Chelsea, so he will be keen to get a move wrapped up fairly soon I would imagine, or risk being out of Chelsea’s squad and unable to move until February.

Promising

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not sure why people aren't excited for this. I understand there are concerns over his perceived flaws, but if he didn't have those flaws he would be well above our level already. We can't really be looking at players better than him. I think his profile would really suit Maresca's intentions to have a midfielder that can come late into the box and score, I think he would do really well and playing further up would mask a lot of his weaknesses especially with a strong midfield of Dewsbury-Hall, Winks and Ricardo behind him.

I know nothing about this guy and refuse to watch youtube clips, what are his 'perceived flaws'?

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Had a chat with my mate, (the Chelsea fan) he’s pretty clued up with things going on there. He says that essentially as it stands we’re at the front of the queue, if you can call it that. He says as far as he is aware no one else has made a formal approach in this country. Fulham have shown some interest but that’s it. There are options in Italy, but they’re unfavourable at the moment as he wants to be playing for a decent club over there. 

Casadei knows Maresca well apparently, so I think this is a case of if he doesn’t get an offer he can’t refuse from elsewhere that suits him, he will be coming here. Maresca will be the deciding factor, naturally he has tied with the national team set up, which means even if he comes here and smashes it, there’s half a chance he can get into the full Italian team. 

He isn’t staying at Chelsea, so he will be keen to get a move wrapped up fairly soon I would imagine, or risk being out of Chelsea’s squad and unable to move until February.

id imagine there will be a January recall option