Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Many a time , Kasper had his view blocked at corners by 6-4 defenders crowding him. Its a tactic you will always use against shorter goalkeepers. Iverson is obviously less vulnerable. Kasper often opted to stay on his line rather than go for the ball but he had genius reactions.

That's one element for sure - but for the sake of an inch or two, there still remains so much more to a goalkeeper than his height - he's 6'1", not 5'6".  As others have pointed out, there are many top keepers who were shorter than the norm.

45 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Iversen was not put in to the team earlier, because, despite being a great  shot stopper and general goalie, it later became evident he had only recently been introduced to kicking a football. 

I think Ward was better at claiming crosses too. Ward also has decent distribution, the problem is we rarely got to see it as he was too busy picking the ball out of the net all the time.

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

People are aware that a keepers reach is more important than his height? I have it on good authority that Mads has abnormally long arms and so outreaches any keeper up to a foot taller than him.

Stretch Armstrong: Stretch Armstrong Pop! Vinyl Figure w/ Chase — Glass  Shelf Collectibles

They call him Stretch Armstrong, Mr Tickle or Inspector Gadget in the dressing room.

53 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That's one element for sure - but for the sake of an inch or two, there still remains so much more to a goalkeeper than his height - he's 6'1", not 5'6".  As others have pointed out, there are many top keepers who were shorter than the norm.

So Mads is taller than Shilton (6ft-1.83) and  same as Banks then (6ft 1 inch -1.85m). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich77 said:

Kevin Poole 5ft 10 inch and a fantastic keeper for us, just saying🦊

Don’t worry just irrelevant twaddle from fans,who love to BS on the negatives they actually make up themselves….Posters that never learn to prevent egg on their faces,and can’t wipe it off because they go through the same routine every season

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I am going to keep to Iversen No1,

Until some one comes along and can grab - earn the right to replace him,or manager is stupid enough to let him go.

Like some fans on here would have..

It's a must that we keep iversen, imo 

5 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

The club had a gk trial day, my other half's nephew appled for a place and was rejected because his mum is only 5'3" (yes it actually had to go on the form). He's 12 and 5'11".

Parents height is used as part of a formula for calculating predicted height which will be why it is included. Unfortunately early growth isn’t predictive of where they will end up, we had a lad who was just under 6 foot with hairy arms and legs at 12 years old, Man U came in for him and the club rejected it, 6 years later he was released at U18s at a very similar height. Unfortunately what all these things overlook is the most important aspect, how good they actually are with a ball at their feet.

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Don’t worry just irrelevant twaddle from fans,who love to BS on the negatives they actually make up themselves….Posters that never learn to prevent egg on their faces,and can’t wipe it off because they go through the same routine every season

Ederson stands at 6ft2, 1 whole inch or 2.5cm taller than this lad. I'd like to see the meltdown over how "short" he is if we tried to sign him lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

My brother’s 6’6” if you want me to give him a call? See if he’s up for giving it a go? He’s shit. And over 40. But he’s a big lad. 

6 months ago deffo would have said yes, no way he'd do any worse. For now lets wait and see.

• Like 1