Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Great deal, only £5M. Hope he's not shite.

Well, if he is shite, then £5M won't be a great deal lol

Just the kind of keeper we need for this system, but can see 1 or 2 clangers coming this season which will come with the territory I feel.

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Well, if he is shite, then £5M won't be a great deal lol

Just the kind of keeper we need for this system, but can see 1 or 2 clangers coming this season which will come with the territory I feel.

That depends on who is choosing the players. We gave Rogers too much scope and money and he wasted it.

That was bad enough, But he also failed to add quality to the team in 4 years.

I imagine Enzo will be given some parameters on spending etc but also some latitude with Signings.

To see if he has a good eye for signings. Only time will tell us but he surely cannot be any worse than Rogers who hadn't got a clue.

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

You referring to this?

Wouldn’t claim to be ITK, and can’t verify the authenticity of this info other than that I’ve seen the picture and know he was definitely there, but Gus was at a family friends place of work the other week and was allegedly telling people he’s keen to stay but also has an offer on the the table from Leicester. This would have been a couple of days before they flew to Portugal.

I heard similar from a mate a week or 2 ago but didn’t post it cause I wasn’t sure how reliable it was, be a cracking signing if we could pull it off!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This was the long term type of signing we should have been aiming for when we had Kasper. Young talented keeper ready to take over should anything had happened to Kasper.

To think Ward cost us more than double of what this signing will is crazy.

Have heard it said that Stolarczyk was that man, but Kasper left sooner than anticipated…

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This was the long term type of signing we should have been aiming for when we had Kasper. Young talented keeper ready to take over should anything had happened to Kasper.

To think Ward cost us more than double of what this signing will is crazy.

Ward cost us a lot more than what we signed him for. :brendan_still:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Have heard it said that Stolarczyk was that man, but Kasper left sooner than anticipated…

It was all strange,  I remember speaking to Guy Branston who at the time was loan manager. I specifically asked who the club are most excited for from the academy and he said the club was really excited about Iversen and he will replace Kasper one day. 

The lack of faith in him last year was very odd based on the clubs opinion on him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Ward cost us a lot more than what we signed him for. :brendan_still:

You’re not wrong. And maybe that (his signing for £12m to provide Kasper with competition) was the warning sign we all missed?

In what world does a mid-table provincial PL club spend THAT on a reserve keeper? Not a sane one for sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You’re not wrong. And maybe that (his signing for £12m to provide Kasper with competition) was the warning sign we all missed?

In what world does a mid-table provincial PL club spend THAT on a reserve keeper? Not a sane one for sure.

Especially when he was garbage and had not demonstrated anyway previously that he was worth £12m or was prem quality 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It was all strange,  I remember speaking to Guy Branston who at the time was loan manager. I specifically asked who the club are most excited for from the academy and he said the club was really excited about Iversen and he will replace Kasper one day. 

The lack of faith in him last year was very odd based on the clubs opinion on him.

Brendan who i don't hold in high regard so I'd take it as a pinch or salt apparently always said he felt stolarczyk was a number 1 in the making and rated him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Brendan who i don't hold in high regard so I'd take it as a pinch or salt apparently always said he felt stolarczyk was a number 1 in the making and rated him 

Brendan also said we had 2 no 1s with Schmeichel and Ward.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hales said:

Good, Ward further down the pecking order!

Given that he wasn't involved at northampton, it's not impossible that he may well be off the pecking order completely...

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Given that he wasn't involved at northampton, it's not impossible that he may well be off the pecking order completely...

only other thing is that he did come back late from international duty, but even then others who came back the same time have played and they arrived back the same time

So its likely hes on the transfer list or something of the sort

• Like 1