Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

Once this is over the line the coffers are bare it seems.

This.. £4m, Winks £6m+ add-ons and coady £4m +add-ons. 

That's around £14 total spend so far.

The initial outlay is not like what is been banded around. 

Don't see any other major moved that involve largerc fees until so more funds are raised, and we free up some more wages.

There are deals on the background that are dependent on more outgoings I'm sure. 

Reality is we have been spoilt.. 

For several years now we have has the luxury of having 2 or 3 players for each position (apart from wingers) 

Now like all clubs at lower levels we are going to have to what we have to do with the squad available to us.

That may mean square pegs in round holes in certain positions and hope that's enough to get us up.

There's still quality around in the squad and he is obviously building a strong spine down the middle. 

Expect some more in but still some more to go.

But it's not as simple as some people say we can raise funds by selling what some describe as  deadwood eg

Vesty Ward Pratt Soumare.. There has to be buyers! 

Even saleable assets like Nacho Daka Barnes ect... Our fans values may not reflect the true market value.

Our players are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

That may be short of our expectations.  

7 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

Don't see any other major moved that involve largerc fees until so more funds are raised, and we free up some more wages.

There are deals on the background that are dependent on more outgoings I'm sure. 

For several years now we have has the luxury of having 2 or 3 players for each position (apart from wingers) 

Now like all clubs at lower levels we are going to have to what we have to do with the squad available to us.

That may mean square pegs in round holes in certain positions and hope that's enough to get us up.

There's still quality around in the squad and he is obviously building a strong spine down the middle. 

But it's not as simple as some people say we can raise funds by selling what some describe as  deadwood eg

Even saleable assets like Nacho Daka Barnes ect... Our fans values may not reflect the true market value.

Not that bare considering Barnes will add between £30-40m... 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not that bare considering Barnes will add between £30-40m... 

This is exactly my point.

Some fans think it's as simple as this .

You are way off the planet. 

Even if we get £30-40m like you say it don't mean we automatically have that to add to the transfer pot.

There are loads of factors involved.

How much we actually get paid upfront.  And the terms of any deal.

How many years its paid over and if  only one club is in for him they hold many cards in negotiations. 

Yes we may be able to borrow against it but interest fees have to be added and they will probably be less favorable now we are in the Championship will less revenue. 

Fees to agents.(usually suck up 20-25% when everyone's been paid)

How much we have to make up shortfall from lost revenue by not being in the prem  may also still be having an impact on how much we can reinvest of any raised funds.

Ffp to consider in the equation as well.

Plus many other factors.

So to make such a blanket statement of £30-40 million to be added to the coffers is naive to say the least.

40 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

This is exactly my point.

Some fans think it's as simple as this .

You are way off the planet. 

Even if we get £30-40m like you say it don't mean we automatically have that to add to the transfer pot.

There are loads of factors involved.

How much we actually get paid upfront.  And the terms of any deal.

How many years its paid over and if  only one club is in for him they hold many cards in negotiations. 

Yes we may be able to borrow against it but interest fees have to be added and they will probably be less favorable now we are in the Championship will less revenue. 

Fees to agents.(usually suck up 20-25% when everyone's been paid)

How much we have to make up shortfall from lost revenue by not being in the prem  may also still be having an impact on how much we can reinvest of any raised funds.

Ffp to consider in the equation as well.

Plus many other factors.

So to make such a blanket statement of £30-40 million to be added to the coffers is naive to say the least.

Truth no one knows what we're willing to spend or knows what our position is under FFP or whatever it is in the championship. Our owners can pump in any money they want.  As it stands I'd be confident we'd be getting a few more loans and definitely replacing any players that go, as Enzo has specifically said we would. Cesare and Palmer are likely the forward thinking players they'll be targeting next. Which is the logical place they'll  want to invest in after the defence. Wages and loan fees. 

I've been somewhat surprised with the outlay to now but if you get near enough £80m on two players at the very least then it isn't so surprising that the club have done what they've done so far. Based on strong rumours I would also imagine they'll probably spend a bit of money on a forward like Piroe but this will be once Barnes money has come in and I'd imagine the likes of Nacho and Catsagne will be sold too. 

As long as we sell a few more then we'll likely spend more otherwise going with the likes of Nacho isn't a bad idea. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Truth no one knows what we're willing to spend or knows what our position is under FFP or whatever it is in the championship. Our owners can pump in any money they want.  As it stands I'd be confident we'd be getting a few more loans and definitely replacing any players that go, as Enzo has specifically said we would. Cesare and Palmer are likely the forward thinking players they'll be targeting next. Which is the logical place they'll  want to invest in after the defence. Wages and loan fees. 

I've been somewhat surprised with the outlay to now but if you get near enough £80m on two players at the very least then it isn't so surprising that the club have done what they've done so far. Based on strong rumours I would also imagine they'll probably spend a bit of money on a forward like Piroe but this will be once Barnes money has come in and I'd imagine the likes of Nacho and Catsagne will be sold too. 

As long as we sell a few more then we'll likely spend more otherwise going with the likes of Nacho isn't a bad idea. 

They can?   When were those rules changed?

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They can?   When were those rules changed?

Loans, they've done it several times before. Whatever rules are and we don't know our FFP position (or whatever they are in championship) the club have and can use equity loan swaps. So yes they can. 

14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Loans, they've done it several times before. Whatever rules are and we don't know our FFP position (or whatever they are in championship) the club have and can use equity loan swaps. So yes they can. 

There are limits as to what owners can invest into clubs as straight equity loan swaps. Otherwise newcastle would be able to spend what they want because Saudi would simply chuck billions into the club. 

1 hour ago, Foreverfox said:

£14m isn't even the amount we got this summer from the Fofana deal, let alone the Maddison money.

Not to mention that our lack of spending last summer was done on purpose in part to fund a rebuild this summer.

I think you're grossly underestimating our budget.

• Like 1