Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Mads Hermansen

10 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He is gonna be so so good in the system Enzo wants to play.

Nice. 

Obviously right footed but pinged some out with his left foot too. 

It's high risk but also high reward the more times we get it right. Yes, there may be a mistake or two, but I hope that wouldn't overshadow all the other stuff he'll be brought in to do that goes beyond shot-stopping - the ability to start moves or attacks will benefit us. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nice. 

Obviously right footed but pinged some out with his left foot too. 

It's high risk but also high reward the more times we get it right. Yes, there may be a mistake or two, but I hope that wouldn't overshadow all the other stuff he'll be brought in to do that goes beyond shot-stopping - the ability to start moves or attacks will benefit us. 

It's who he's pinging it to that worries me!! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Good shot stopper + good at distribution. This guy is going to the top of the game.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's who he's pinging it to that worries me!! 

We need new wide players anyway, presumably we are scouting lads who can control/trap a ball as well as beat a man. I personally hope we go for wide men with a bit of a physical presence. Can see Piroe cutting in off the flank, with an overlapping full back, for example. 

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Some of those long passes rely on the recipient having a decent first touch. Not had one of those since Mahrez. 

Most Sunday league players could control those diagonal balls, I think we’ll be ok

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

The pictures suggest he is smaller than Kasper, why we need Souttar in the team.

He is 6'1 and Kasper is 6'2, so close but yes marginally shorter

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is 6'1 and Kasper is 6'2, so close but yes marginally shorter

In a league where set pieces and physical contact are common,  height and weight could be important. Iverson is tall and big . We have to be careful here , Daniel is a good goalkeeper at least as good as any in the Championship.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

In a league where set pieces and physical contact are common,  height and weight could be important. Iverson is tall and big . We have to be careful here , Daniel is a good goalkeeper at least as good as any in the Championship.

Not sure height is directly related to aerial dominance, I mean Jannik would suggest its not conclusive

• Haha 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure height is directly related to aerial dominance, I mean Jannik would suggest its not conclusive

Crouch would disagree, but its also about size. Kasper although slightly shorter than average is a powerfully built man. Harry Souttar will be needed with a small goalkeeper.

42 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We need new wide players anyway, presumably we are scouting lads who can control/trap a ball as well as beat a man. I personally hope we go for wide men with a bit of a physical presence. Can see Piroe cutting in off the flank, with an overlapping full back, for example. 

At the risk of high jacking another thread with talk of tactics, I don't see too many overlapping runs by out FB's. 

From what we've seen, one will step in to CM, the other will push in to make the back 4 a back 3. 

The width will come from the wingers so I imagine the players we get for those positions will be more traditional wide players. The two #8's will be the ones getting into the box to support the striker. 

If we do sign Piroe, it will be for the main striker position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Some of those long passes rely on the recipient having a decent first touch. Not had one of those since Mahrez. 

Honestly thought Lookman was the closest we ever got to having someone with a mental first touch after Mahrez.

Still not over that entire saga... 15m for someone who at times benched Barnes on merit. The way he could swivel and turn in tight spaces

Edited by MadsEmil

9 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Honestly thought Lookman was the closest we ever got to having someone with a mental first touch after Mahrez.

Still not over that entire saga... 15m for someone who at times benched Barnes on merit. The way he could swivel and turn in tight spaces

Just as well he left when he did for his own career .. Rodgers would have ruined him 

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Is that Kristiansen he kicks it to around 1.47? Hadn't even occurred to me they might have been teammates with Denmark youth groups, assumed the age gap was too wide.

Edited by Langston