Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Evans

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I mean, 100% if he’d have stayed fit last season we wouldn’t have been relegated. He’s a great player. Just a shame his body’s given up a bit.

For me personally, I’d put Huth and Elliott as my top 2 all time. In terms of ability and “likeability”. I still maintain Elliott was one of the best in the league haha. Maybe I’m deluded. 

I only caught the back end of Elliott's career but looking back at his "highlights" he was so good on the ball. Some of the goals he scored with his feet were superb.

I think Evans is the most complete centre back I've seen here in my time but I wouldn't be surprised if many people still maintain it's Elliott.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I only caught the back end of Elliott's career but looking back at his "highlights" he was so good on the ball. Some of the goals he scored with his feet were superb.

I think Evans is the most complete centre back I've seen here in my time but I wouldn't be surprised if many people still maintain it's Elliott.

Christ I feel old now haha. Aye for me Elliott is out GOAT defender. He looked like a big brute but could really play. He also scored 22 premier league goals which is insane for a defender. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Christ I feel old now haha. Aye for me Elliott is out GOAT defender. He looked like a big brute but could really play. He also scored 22 premier league goals which is insane for a defender. 

Remember his first game against newcastle on tv when we went 3-1 up and he looked like he was going to score from every corner (he scored one) how times have changed 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I see a lot of bashing of Evans. I think that is quite harsh. He simply got old! 

We signed him for £3.5m in two instalments. Incredible business when he became our best CB for extended periods of time in the toughest league in the world.

Happy he hasn't re-signed, due to his age and injuries, but I am not going to hate on him either. 

Great player and great career, but...Taxi for Evans... :ph34r:

Evans was the one who, at saints away, interrupted the celebrations for Madders' 8th on 89 mins with 'the record the record' ....I loved that. Loved that awareness. 

Great player. Happy days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Remember his first game against newcastle on tv when we went 3-1 up and he looked like he was going to score from every corner (he scored one) how times have changed 

Aye him and Taggart were phenomenal. 

32 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Imagine being old enough to remember John O'Neil and Larry May as our back partnership under Jock Wallace late 70s early 80s . . . :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1