Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Evans

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

Matt Elliot. GOAT For me

Followed closely by Huth, Wes, Walsh,

and going  back Graham Cross.

Evans next best behind these.

Colin Hill ,Sjoberg Woolett, Blockley, May

All worth a mention.

Thanks Johnny good but never a Champion.

Wes (for me) gets in there because he was captain during an incredible period. He doesn't get in on footballing terms. Poor until Huth turned up and wasn't great whenever Huth didn't play.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That’s unfair, Wes was not a poor player. He was instrumental when we won the championship. Huth came in and complemented Wes, they as a pair were excellent. Let’s not forget that Huth wasn’t tearing up trees before he came to us either. They allowed each other to play to each others strengths and as a unit led the defence perfectly when we won the league. 

To suggest he only gets credit because he was the captain is ludicrous (for me). 

Huth's first game for us, took about 15 minutes before me and my mate looked at each other and commented 'now that's a proper CB'. Took about another 5 minutes before Huth realised what he was playing with and stopped passing the ball to Morgan and laid it off elsewhere.

They were a perfect partnership but Huth was still outstanding when Wes wasn't playing, you couldn't say the same about Wes when Huth was missing.

We paid £3.5m for Evans and had good value for money for a couple of seasons, but because of his age and injuries, I doubt he's worth anything like £3.5m now, so end of contract move was always going to be his only option. Can't believe Everton are interested though unless they have absolutely no money to spend.

Edited by v6rat

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Huth's first game for us, took about 15 minutes before me and my mate looked at each other and commented 'now that's a proper CB'. Took about another 5 minutes before Huth realised what he was playing with and stopped passing the ball to Morgan and laid it off elsewhere.

They were a perfect partnership but Huth was still outstanding when Wes wasn't playing, you couldn't say the same about Wes when Huth was missing.

I love Wes and would never ever dismiss how good and how important he was to us. But I I agree with you in that I think Huth was a better player and probably the second best defender we’ve ever had in our history. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I love Wes and would never ever dismiss how good and how important he was to us. But I I agree with you in that I think Huth was a better player and probably the second best defender we’ve ever had in our history. 

Who would you have as first, out of curiosity?

5 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Matt Elliot. GOAT For me

Followed closely by Huth, Wes, Walsh,

and going  back Graham Cross.

Evans next best behind these.

Colin Hill ,Sjoberg Woolett, Blockley, May

All worth a mention.

Thanks Johnny good but never a Champion.

Russell Osman, Gerry Taggart up there 

• Like 2

Matt Elliott and Steve Walsh are the greatest centre backs (in my life time) Huth and Morgan closely behind them. Crucial goals in all of them mixed with no nonsense old school defending. 

Evans, pretty classy but not in the same league as those 4.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Well it was heavily rumoured we were trying to get him to resign. Hopefully he’s turned us down

In all honesty, once we signed Coady I don't think we had any interest in Evans. 

He is still listed on the Club Web-site which strange as it has been updated for Doyle.  If he is out of contract, why is he still listed? Give No.6 to Doyle.