Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Evans

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

4 of those games were in June 2022 where he had been fit and playing for us in May 2022 and was then fit to start the season for us in August 2022

2 of those games were in September 2022 when he was also fit and playing for us

The last 2 were last month June 2023, after he had been fit and playing for us in May 2023

So when he was fit for us he played for Northern Ireland, but when he wasn't fit for us he didn't play for them either

Let's not allow the truth to get in the way of people's mouth frothing shall we? 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

4 of those games were in June 2022 where he had been fit and playing for us in May 2022 and was then fit to start the season for us in August 2022

2 of those games were in September 2022 when he was also fit and playing for us

The last 2 were last month June 2023, after he had been fit and playing for us in May 2023

So when he was fit for us he played for Northern Ireland, but when he wasn't fit for us he didn't play for them either

Which doesn’t make it any better really.

Seems incredibly convenient that his recoveries to fitness are aligned to international windows. Almost as if someone was dedicated more to rehab and recovery in the periods leading up to internationals. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Cant believe how much disrespect hes getting from some Leicester fans. He was a quality signing for £3.5 million and we got every pennys worth out of it. Age has obviously caught up with him but doesnt deserve the hate from some

Exactly, probably in the top 5 centre backs to play for us.

And to pre-empt some replies, no, as much as a legend Steve Walsh was for us he was never better than prime Jonny Evans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it was Tony Pulis that said he is one of those players that makes himself unavailable at the first sign of any slight niggle. Not sure why he was ever viewed as captain material. 

Same reason Lardi Tielemans was I suppose 🤬🤬

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I would be hugely unimpressed if I was an Everton fan.

Seems like they are skint with an impending FFP trial coming up, which it's likely they will lose. I think what they are doing is the only thing they can do. And at the end of the day for how terrible they are, they still finished above us, and Dyche thrives in situations like this.

Quality defender when fit but thats the big problem keeping him fit! 

Seems to want to sit out with the slightest of injuries. 

When he played he organised the defence really well. 

He should never of been made captain though. One of the weakest and most uninspiring captains i can remember us having. Especially when you compare him to Kasper and Wes. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No hate from me. 

But, as he was captain of the club he didn't set the right examples with his lack of commitment to the club. He was part of the malaise that set into the club and he has to bear that burden. 

That's my take on it as well. His reputation in the last year at West Brom when also captain and they got relegated and comments certain managers have said about his low propensity to not wanting to play when carrying a niggling injury has left a bit of mark on him, but 2019/20 and 2020/21 he was immense for us and a complete bargain.

If Evans had stayed fit last season and played more games, I honestly think we wouldn't of gone down. I think he's top class. I loved the signing when we made it back in 2018 as well.

Sadly he spends more time on the treatment table than a football pitch now. And I don't think that will change. But good luck to him.