Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Right, OK. I see now. You're one of those. 

In which case all I'll say is that I'm glad you aren't our Director of Football. Letting Soumaré go for £5 at this point would be hideous business. 

The Scudetto holders are showing an interest, there's obvious value there whether he's appropriate for a Championship club or not. 

I’m pretty sure we could have got more money for Praet than he is worth now if we had sold him a year or two ago. It will be a similar situation to Soumare for me. 

15 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Watch the first 10 seconds of this highlights from the first Man Utd game this season, this sums up Soumare at Leicester.  Even when he see the player with the ball and is the closet to him he jogs slower than my nan.  

No urgency, I’m not sure if he’s lazy or just thick. 

https://youtu.be/7O8fz7TTYXw

JJ didn't cover himself in any glory either for tha Man U goal, just stopped running. 

If Napoli are in for Soumare they must think they'res a player in there somewhere.

On 19/07/2023 at 17:55, Matt said:

Someone’s not watched Italian football for some years.

News to some, Italian football makes the Premier League look like walking football.

Really? I thought the diving and playacting was so bad there that games never get any flow. Constant stop start and stoppages.

On 20/07/2023 at 10:33, Finnegan said:

Soumare is a 24 year old who was a key player in a title winning team aged 22, capped at every age group level who came here with huge fanfare as a real prospect. 

It hasn't worked out for him in a Premier League team that was poorly managed and where he couldn't really get game time ahead of a 60 cap Belgian international in the peak of his career. 

Exactly.

If we're going to judge people on having a disappointing season last season then we'd write them all off, including such as Tielemans and Vardy who we know can be brilliant.

New manager, new teammates, new tactics, who knows what could happen. And that goes for absolutely everyone in the squad, even including players like Vestergaard.

• Like 2

Praet is a late 20s known quantity who has been an extremely average journeyman attacking midfielder everywhere he's been. 

Soumare is a 24 year old who was a key player in a title winning team aged 22, capped at every age group level who came here with huge fanfare as a real prospect. 

It hasn't worked out for him in a Premier League team that was poorly managed and where he couldn't really get game time ahead of a 60 cap Belgian international in the peak of his career. 

Dennis Praet has no more potential tap in to, every scout in the world knows who and what he is. His value couldn't be much more fixed. Soumare represents possibility, there's still going to be plenty of clubs out there thinking they can get the best out of him and a return to his Lille form. Again, a reminder that Youri himself was considered a flop at Monaco under fairly similar circumstances. 

You must spend so much of your time explaining obvious truths to morons. I don't know how you have the patience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dennis Praet has no more potential tap in to, every scout in the world knows who and what he is.

True. But used the right way in the right team what he is is an excellent if unspectacular player. I have no idea if we're planning to be the right team or use him in the right way, but if we are (and I can see him working well in the poundshop Man City we might be) then we should keep him. If not, not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I questioned today whether Soumare could play in that advanced number 8 role that N’didi/Praet played in today? Usually carries the ball reasonably well but let down by his defensive discipline. We won’t see it, im sure as he’s either off or not rated.

16 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

I questioned today whether Soumare could play in that advanced number 8 role that N’didi/Praet played in today? Usually carries the ball reasonably well but let down by his defensive discipline. We won’t see it, im sure as he’s either off or not rated.

I think a happy, motivated, committed, wanting-to-be-here Soumaré would probably thrive in Maresca's system in that role and with a drop in level. 

But I don't think we're going to see all of those things in him. I suspect he wants to go and the club are happy to cash in. 

I dont think Maresca himself would isolate him from the squad, I'm sure he got the same chance as everyone. If he was giving it his all in training he'd have been playing instead of Ndidi in that role preseason wouldn't he, he's clearly better suited than Wilf. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.

*Posted in the other Soumare topic by mistake*

Wow. Kind of surprised to hear that of Thomas to be honest, I'm sure he'll be gutted. I don't really know where he fits in now though to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.

*Posted in the other Soumare topic by mistake*

surprised they are letting Thomas and Souttar go, not surprised about the other tho

Guess Praet wants to stay now

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

surprised they are letting Thomas and Souttar go, not surprised about the other tho

Guess Praet wants to stay now

Will be limited with game time for Thomas, mentioned it a few weeks ago that one of the LB's will leave. 

If we can get a fee for Praet I think he'll go, his family want to return to Italy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sambiasso said:

Will be limited with game time for Thomas, mentioned it a few weeks ago that one of the LB's will leave. 

If we can get a fee for Praet I think he'll go, his family want to return to Italy.

sounds bout right, letting Thomas go on loan or something of the like might do him good tbf, 

and Praet will probably go Torino then, if they ever stump up the cash

please just give me hope we can get rid of Ward for what we paid(yes i know there is no chance in hell) lol