Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

1 hour ago, lcfcben76 said:

I questioned today whether Soumare could play in that advanced number 8 role that N’didi/Praet played in today? Usually carries the ball reasonably well but let down by his defensive discipline. We won’t see it, im sure as he’s either off or not rated.

1 thing is for sure he couldn't be worse than ndidi in that attacking role 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.

*Posted in the other Soumare topic by mistake*

Surprised about Albrighton he’s mentioned him a lot regarding his leadership. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.

If we're losing three defenders, we simply must be expecting another one in, especially with Coady sidelined.

Also, surprised about Albrigton, as Enzo has been mentioning his leadership qualities.

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we're losing three defenders, we simply must be expecting another one in, especially with Coady sidelined.

Also, surprised about Albrigton, as Enzo has been mentioning his leadership qualities.

...every manager initially is never impressed by Albrighton,  until he proves them wrong!!!

He still brings the intensity and workmate to his game, he always turns their opinions around.

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

But Castagne and Thomas don't fit in the system. 

Arbitrarily they might be "defenders" but they're useless to Maresca really. They are both very typical full backs and we don't play those now. 

JJ has electric place, a good football brain and some experience at CB and on the wing. VK is an absolute unit and a natural rotation option to play the hybrid CB/LB role that Doyle is playing. 

But Thomas is a slow conventional left back that's a little bit defensively suspect but can put in a great cross where as Castagne is a cookie cutter RWB. 

We don't play either now. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Thanks, thought it looked like Thomas wasn’t fancied. 

Does that mean Praet is likely to stay? 

52 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Maybe it’s more albrighton wanting to play more than just being a bit part player? 

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I actually think Soumare could probably do a very good job in the role 'new' Ndidi role. Bouba has always looked better driving forward. As let's be honest, you don't want him anywhere near his own goal. He can't defend, but he can offer something going forward. 

I was thinking the same but then in this system I think we need players in the 8 roles who score and assist regularly, something that Soumaré hasn't done throughout his career. 

13 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Shame to see Thomas discarded like that but I suppose when you really think about it where is he going to play?

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Arbitrarily they might be "defenders" but they're useless to Maresca really. They are both very typical full backs and we don't play those now. 

JJ has electric place, a good football brain and some experience at CB and on the wing. VK is an absolute unit and a natural rotation option to play the hybrid CB/LB role that Doyle is playing. 

But Thomas is a slow conventional left back that's a little bit defensively suspect but can put in a great cross where as Castagne is a cookie cutter RWB. 

I'd imagine Castagne is also well paid and one of the one we could get a decent fee for, so good from balancing the books point of view.

• Like 1

Just now, Ely fox said:

Or Sheffield Wednesday more like that’s his level. 

He’s a good player probably doesn’t fit our style anymore but he’s good in enough to be a solid premier league player throughout his career.

Maybe in the future he will return..

Who wants to bet that they're literally all still here after the window closes?

*** That's a comment on our useless director of football rather than your accuracy @Sambiasso

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Shame to see Thomas discarded like that but I suppose when you really think about it where is he going to play?

Knowing our inability to get rid of deadwood they'll all still be here and given extended contracts

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

*** That's a comment on our useless director of football rather than your accuracy @Sambiasso

I had written this out and was due to post it before I got distracted so you're not wrong lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's my expectation that Soumare will go on loan late in the window, we'll sell Iversen for ~£3m and that we'll be lumped with most of the rest. 

That's good news I feel. The first 4, I'd be happy to see leave. The latter 3 I'd be OK with either way. I'd add Ndidi to that list too, personally. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I completely agree. I was really focusing on defender numbers. If you loose castagne, thomas and Souttar, we need to get another in, at least, whether that be a left sided 'centre back', or whatever. The Championship is a long haul season.

14 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

What about James Justin - suggest he's a very similar player to Thomas and Castagne.