Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I completely agree. I was really focusing on defender numbers. If you loose castagne, thomas and Souttar, we need to get another in, at least, whether that be a left sided 'centre back', or whatever. The Championship is a long haul season.

Also I anticipate there will be plenty of suspensions this season with the new directive for referees bringing plenty of bookings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It's my expectation that Soumare will go on loan late in the window, we'll sell Iversen for ~£3m and that we'll be lumped with most of the rest. 

Now you've said that the loan will fall through and we'll hold out for £5m for Iverson until deadline day and he'll end up staying too. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Is he still here !!   Jeez !! 

As with a number of others , nobody at all is going to match his pay. We might loan him out if we put up 50% of his earnings , as we did with Perez. That will still be a tidy sum mind you.

5 hours ago, Viva said:

Have you seen him play in the last couple of years?! 

...he pushes up to the opponents penalty area and that is as far as he goes!!!

Ndidi is used as an inside right when attacking and is then asked to supply from there. His service to the attackers consists of a ball played into the box across goal looking for someone to make contact. An accomplished #8 would be looking to pick someone out or take the ball to the goal line and play a cut back. We need an attacker standing centrally just inside the box to run on the ball and place it in any part of the goal.

I could envisage Alves would suit this role, as it combines a central role where he then looks for space out wide and can take on a defender in a 1 v 1 situation.

It is all about the skillset, and Ndidi cannot be judged too harshly on the role we are asking him to play.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We faffed about on a £15m offer for him last summer. Only paid £17m + add ons for him as well. Frustrating.

Awful decision. 

Just like letting key players run down contracts. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he pushes up to the opponents penalty area and that is as far as he goes!!!

Ndidi is used as an inside right when attacking and is then asked to supply from there. His service to the attackers consists of a ball played into the box across goal looking for someone to make contact. An accomplished #8 would be looking to pick someone out or take the ball to the goal line and play a cut back. We need an attacker standing centrally just inside the box to run on the ball and place it in any part of the goal.

I could envisage Alves would suit this role, as it combines a central role where he then looks for space out wide and can take on a defender in a 1 v 1 situation.

It is all about the skillset, and Ndidi cannot be judged too harshly on the role we are asking him to play.

Why? Of course he can, that is the whole point isn`t it? Nobody should give a toss what we think his best role is, its all about can he fulfil the role manager expects of him surely? Does not seem likely we want a dedicated DCM, a destroyer, so he has to adapt or be replaced, no?

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you subscribe to two players for every position I think a depth chart is something like:

LB/CB: Doyle > VK

CB1: Coady > Vestergaard

CB2: Faes > ? 

RB/DM: Ricardo > ? 

JJ for me is capable of playing both of those ? roles but it remains to be seen if the manager agrees. Given how Pep used Kyle Walker last year I can definitely see Maresca getting similar out of Justin. We'll see. 

I definitely think a right footed, fairly mobile, decent ball playing CB would be good on loan but that's definitely a bit of a unicorn. 

I think Kristiansen might be slotted in as one of the CB back ups. He has played there in Denmark - and I'm sure he had a stint there for us last season at the end of a game or two?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We faffed about on a £15m offer for him last summer. Only paid £17m + add ons for him as well. Frustrating.

Very frustrating as he was clearly below the level we needed. We need to be better at accepting when a move hasn’t worked out and get the best return possible. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's a very natural fit to rotate with Doyle personally. 

Absolutely agree. To the point that if Coady is injured again, I'd play Doyle in that spot with VK to the left. 

Obviously Victor was inured this time round. 

20 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Yep.

From what I've seen of him that would suit him perfectly as well. More mobile than Doyle too.

That would be useful. 

From recollection when he signed I thought he was described as quite attacking, getting forward into the box. Formerly a winger?

I f so then perhaps not such an easy fit to the Doyle role?

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? Of course he can, that is the whole point isn`t it? Nobody should give a toss what we think his best role is, its all about can he fulfil the role manager expects of him surely? Does not seem likely we want a dedicated DCM, a destroyer, so he has to adapt or be replaced, no?

...there are better options than Ndidi!!!

5 hours ago, Viva said:

Yes. I’d still rather have him than Soumare! 

Ok ndidi struggles to pass a football more than 5 yards im not saying soumare is great or even good for us but in an attacking midfield role id rather have someone that can at least pass there!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a good example of what not to do.

The one thing I loved about the Soumare transfer is that he pretty much failed in his first season here but we were offered an out by having the option to take a small loss on him. If only on all our transfers that we had an option to get 80- 90% of your money back after a year, plenty of upside and little downside to signings.

I'm all for making quick decisions on players if they're good enough or not rather than holding on to them until the whole world knows they're garbage. There are probably people thinking we should have kept Hirst after his goal this weekend but we've seen enough to assess he's not good enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Notting your mums forest said:

One can only assume that Soumare is off then? Not in squad again vs Burton. Wonder what the delay is with this? Strange that wantaway players like Castagne, Praet and Vestergaard are still being picked in match day squads, but Soumare and souttar are not getting picked? Keen for us to sell more deadwood before this month is out

To be fair, Soumare has to be one of the least tactically aware players in the squad. I remember really clearly in his first few appearances, he didn't seem to really know where he was supposed to be at any given time. That got marginally better as the season went on, but I can understand why Maresca might be less than convinced that he's someone who can be trusted. Obviously, Brendan has a lot to answer for in this regard, it's not all on Soumare himself.

He is done here though, surely.

• Like 3