Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe they're waiting for further scans/assessments?

If they came out and said he's out for X amount of time, and then it goes beyond that, they'll get criticised just as much.

It's been nearly 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If he's not back for the Huddersfield game then it's almost certainly a career ending injury. 

I dropped a hammer on my toe once so have first foot experience of this.

Nail on head.

Well, almost. Damned toe! :dunno:

On 29/07/2023 at 07:59, Spudulike said:

Still waiting for the scan results then. 

:yawn:

My sauce tells me this caused a big boardroom bust up.

Susan wanted to take the film into Boots whilst Rudkin insisted on posting it off for developing.

They're still waiting for it to be returned. Rudkin couldn't remember if he'd put any stamps on the envelope before posting :facepalm:

19 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Could potentially explain the link to Harwood-Bellis.

The only foot injury I can personally think of that would take 6 months recovery is a stress fracture, but would be very surprised if he’s done that considering he continued to play?

Yeah you're right. Would certainly take Harwood-Bellis. 

Fingers crossed whatever has happened isn't extremely serious as you would imagine he'd be our main man in the back 4/3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah you're right. Would certainly take Harwood-Bellis. 

Fingers crossed whatever has happened isn't extremely serious as you would imagine he'd be our main man in the back 4/3

We will end up with Bellis-Ender.....

• Haha 1

Has any research gone into the composition of the turf on our training pitches? Surely if we've got such a renowned turf academy we ought to know what's best for the players.

Because honestly, that's the only thing I can think of that would influence these types of soft tissue injuries. It's well-known that artificial turf tends to increase the risk of injury and afaik our training pitches are a mix of real and artificial.

Apparently this wasn’t allowed as a poll…

Who do we think is going to be the next of our new signings to get injured? Hermansen made 1 competitive game, Coady made 0. So who is it going to be? 

Mavididi - 1 appearance 

Winks - 2 appearances 

Doyle - 2 appearances

Casadei - not even signed yet 

My money is on Winks next, and Casadei after that, before he makes a single competitive appearance. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

41 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Has any research gone into the composition of the turf on our training pitches? Surely if we've got such a renowned turf academy we ought to know what's best for the players.

Because honestly, that's the only thing I can think of that would influence these types of soft tissue injuries. It's well-known that artificial turf tends to increase the risk of injury and afaik our training pitches are a mix of real and artificial.

Someone on here a few weeks ago mentioned that us and Spurs use a turf composition more similar to NFL pitches, I wonder if that's the issue?

The other teams all use a more standard blends like Desso Grassmaster iirc

Coady was in the 1st team gym session yesterday so you’d imagine he’s in trainers and not that protective boot we saw 2 weeks ago.

Whilst it’s only gym work you still need a solid base of feet and knees so the fact he’s there is encouraging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Ugh. He’s actually instrumental to how we play. Is Stolarczyk any good with his feet?  

Not great against burton, but better than iversen.

Just now, Simmo86 said:

FFS

Start of October for Coady then :mad:

Not massively fussed about Mads for tomorrow, Jakubs height might be a bit more advantageous. 

Yeah, at the very least Huddersfield's wingers can be funneled wide to send crosses in which Jakub is comfortable claiming

On 09/08/2023 at 20:42, lfu said:

Someone on here a few weeks ago mentioned that us and Spurs use a turf composition more similar to NFL pitches, I wonder if that's the issue?

The other teams all use a more standard blends like Desso Grassmaster iirc

Is that the same for the pitch at KP as well?

My lad played there a couple of months ago, and at the end I was able to go with him. I honestly couldn't believe how rock hard it was. The first thing I said to someone else was its no wonder we have so many injuries, its like playing on concrete