Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Ndidi also in the midfield and there’s your answer I think 

Kids coming in and rolls roycing straight into that wilf role and it's going to be gabagool glory for all.

Dilly ding dilly dong!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How are we fitting him, Winks, Ricardo and KDH into midfield then.

Ricardo lines up at RB. Only under Enzo, our right back steps into CM. 

Winks plays in the #6 position as a deep lying playmaker behind 2 #8's. Ndidi isn't an 8 so he obviously takes his spot beside KDH  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Some games he’ll replace Ndidi and other he’ll replace KDH.

..I think Praet will have drawn the short straw again!!!

He will be the first choice reserve for KDH or Casadei (should he come here).

He is not going to get a run in the team in a position (currently played by Ndidi) which suits what he brings.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I think Praet will have drawn the short straw again!!!

He will be the first choice reserve for KDH or Casadei (should he come here).

He is not going to get a run in the team in a position (currently played by Ndidi) which suits what he brings.

I think it depends how much rotation maresca is planning on - i can see him  getting some time on the RW as well as #8.  Across those positions, he's easily our most versatile option. He might even be a (long shot) option to give winks some rest?

57 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I think it depends how much rotation maresca is planning on - i can see him  getting some time on the RW as well as #8.  Across those positions, he's easily our most versatile option. He might even be a (long shot) option to give winks some rest?

I'd imagine Hamza would be played in the Winks role when he needs to rotate out.

He might not be as tidy with his passes but he can still fulfill a role there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Agreed. I thought Praet looked good on the right. A couple of excellent balls in notably for KDH’s first goal but the low ball to the near post for Vardy just before. He’s got a good delivery on him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Verumex said:

I'd imagine Hamza would be played in the Winks role when he needs to rotate out.

He might not be as tidy with his passes but he can still fulfill a role there.

I’d agree here. I still thought we looked very open in midfield as we did last year. Clearly Winks is an excellent player for this level but is he your last line of midfield? In the same way Ndidi (if played correctly in his strongest role) or Choudhury would be?

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Agreed. I thought Praet looked good on the right. A couple of excellent balls in notably for KDH’s first goal but the low ball to the near post for Vardy just before. He’s got a good delivery on him.

Praet wasn't playing on the right at those points. He was the right hand side number 8. Mcateer was still on the right but the 8's have lisince to drift out there the same way KDH did on the left. 

I think he did eventually go out to play on the right when Hamza came on for Mcateer to see out the stoppage time, though. 

Get it done - ndidi cannot get anywhere near starting as an 8 again - if it isn’t this guy then get hammer or 1 of a thousand more that would be better in that 8 role - get something done quickly 

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Get it done - ndidi cannot get anywhere near starting as an 8 again - if it isn’t this guy then get hammer or 1 of a thousand more that would be better in that 8 role - get something done quickly 

Yes Casadei is required, but a simple solution in house is to play Praet in #8 role.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes Casadei is required, but a simple solution in house is to play Praet in #8 role.

Casadei have Wilf physicality as well as have the ability to play and has the eye for a goal.

We need abit of muscle in the middle, Winks and KDH aren't the biggest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Praet not dynamic enough, he's always just meh and that's about it. 

He's far superior to Wilf it that position, mainly because Wilf is not that sort of player. He certainly changed the game when he came on yesterday as he had a much more natural understanding of what the role entailed.

• Like 1