Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

3 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Oh no! I agree with you and what your point was! We don't know what would have happened if he played consecutively and now he's playing well, albeit for 30 minutes, people still want him gone.

I would even argue he's probably our most attacking midfielder to but hey ho.

This is true but it really sums up our imbalanced squad more than anything. Given the choice between Praet or Ndidi, then Praet is the obvious choice. 

I have no doubts that he'll be good at this level but if he doesn't want to be here then get him gone. 

The likes of Casadei and/or other signings will provide a bit of freshness that we need.

21 hours ago, Verumex said:

I'd imagine Hamza would be played in the Winks role when he needs to rotate out.

He might not be as tidy with his passes but he can still fulfill a role there.

I would hope that Braybrooke, if & when he's up to speed,  would be looked upon as the most natural cover for Winks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Does he actually want to be here though? 

Championship level or not, we can't make the same mistake we made last season with having players disinterested and eyeing moves away. 

I like him as a player, always have, but if he wants a move back to Italy as rumoured, or he has no intention of staying with us once he is forced to run down his contract next summer, is he really going to be as motivated when we have to dig in and grind out results? 

Isn't it possible that he's 1 of the 6 who have changed their minds and now wants to stay?  He was under-used and mis_used by Rodgers so it's not hard to believe that he was disenchanted under our awful manager but has been impressed since by Maresca.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Isn't it possible that he's 1 of the 6 who have changed their minds and now wants to stay?  He was under-used and mis_used by Rodgers so it's not hard to believe that he was disenchanted under our awful manager but has been impressed since by Maresca.

Maybe, although he was still deemed not good enough to start yesterday, so you wonder how enchanted he will be with Enzo if he only has a place on the bench for most games. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player and think he could still be useful for us in his remaining year, but I also think there is likely merit in the rumours that he wants to move back to Italy and to be starting games somewhere. So, I wonder how motivated he can keep himself if he is (again) on the bench, but this time in the Championship. I am just hyper conscious after last season and having so many players unwilling to dig in and fight. We can't make that mistake again if we want to bounce straight back, as at the first sign of adversity, those types of players go missing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

I would hope that Braybrooke, if & when he's up to speed,  would be looked upon as the most natural cover for Winks.

I think so too. Along with Alves providing cover at #8. Mcateer on the wing and Nelson at CB 

Edited by Scotch

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

How do you know it’s not Chelsea holding the deal up?

We're a bit of a common denominator unfortunately. I'm pretty sure we'll get him but it'll take longer than it should. Always the way with us.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Why aint this done?

Clubs an absolute joke

We were blessed in the Pearson era where transfers were done before we heard about them. Times have changed, you were lucky then, this is the norm.