Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

There is nothing to suggest he is better than Praet - yet. As Dennis is likely to see out his last year , a couple of poor games and the youngster will be benched. We can carry no passengers. So many loanees end up on the bench as we have often found out. Reading had little quality so he got minutes but that is not guaranteed with us. If he is prepared to accept that , then fine , come and show us what you can do. 

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There is nothing to suggest he is better than Praet - yet. As Dennis is likely to see out his last year , a couple of poor games and the youngster will be benched. We can carry no passengers. So many loanees end up on the bench as we have often found out. Reading had little quality so he got minutes but that is not guaranteed with us. If he is prepared to accept that , then fine , come and show us what you can do. 

Praet is one who is likely to leave(if we get an acceptable bid), its been on the books for a couple of summers now, Torino want him but they want to pay peanuts

as @Sambiasso said, 

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Hasn't Praet been a passenger for his time at Leicester? 

I'd much rather bring in Casadei at the fraction of wages than continue to pay Praet just to sit on the bench. 

Praet in the championship is just fools gold.

So are we getting Casadei? 

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I'd much rather bring in Casadei at the fraction of wages than continue to pay Praet just to sit on the bench. 

Fools gold helped get us the win yesterday! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He won’t have to do much to show he’s better than Praet! 

• Haha 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Fools gold helped get us the win yesterday! 

I can’t believe the overreaction for a decent 30 minute performance! He’s been here four years and done next to nothing, yet people now want to keep him on his huge salary! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

After yesterdays performance I think he would be fine in the postion he played, of course a backup is probably needed incase winks or kdh or preat get injured

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

After yesterdays performance I think he would be fine in the postion he played, of course a backup is probably needed incase winks or kdh or preat get injured

Exactly , but Casadai will not just walk into the team and stay there no matter what , if he can't cut it , he will be out. Chelsea , I presume , know that. No guarantee of playing time can be offered. That applies to any loanees who come here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Exactly , but Casadai will not just walk into the team and stay there no matter what , if he can't cut it , he will be out. Chelsea , I presume , know that. No guarantee of playing time can be offered. That applies to any loanees who come here. 

Casadei will take the piss as an attacking midfielder us. He will score a hatful.

16 minutes ago, Viva said:

I can’t believe the overreaction for a decent 30 minute performance! He’s been here four years and done next to nothing, yet people now want to keep him on his huge salary! 

This! 

30 minutes impressing against Coventry and he's now turned into a world beater 😂

16 minutes ago, Viva said:

I agree! I was a big fan when he arrived but he has done nothing in the limited opportunities he has had. 

However, he helped us win yesterday, so kudos for that at least!

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I agree! I was a big fan when he arrived but he has done nothing in the limited opportunities he has had. 

However, he helped us win yesterday, so kudos for that at least!

says it all, how many games has he started one after the other?

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

This! 

30 minutes impressing against Coventry and he's now turned into a world beater 😂

Doesn't have to be a world beater just needs to be better than most of the Championship options. If he helps us get promoted then he's worth more than £3m and saved wages. I'm sure he's being over paid but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

says it all, how many games has he started one after the other?

Coventry are favourites for the play offs and they could have one yesterday. It's not like we played Plymouth at home. We played one of the top sides and based on yesterday's performance. I say put Praet next to Dewsbury-Hall, and I'd be willing to wager he hits double figures in both goals and assists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genesis1 said:

Coventry are favourites for the play offs and they could have one yesterday. It's not like we played Plymouth at home. We played one of the top sides and based on yesterday's performance. I say put Praet next to Dewsbury-Hall, and I'd be willing to wager he hits double figures in both goals and assists.

I agree, what I mean't was he has not really played consecutively and deserves a chance as he looked quality yesterday.

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

This! 

Sort of balances out willy puller comments on players always being OTT analysed & criticised..dunnit..

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I agree, what I mean't was he has not really played consecutively and deserves a chance as he looked quality yesterday.

Oh no! I agree with you and what your point was! We don't know what would have happened if he played consecutively and now he's playing well, albeit for 30 minutes, people still want him gone.

I would even argue he's probably our most attacking midfielder to but hey ho.

Does he actually want to be here though? 

Championship level or not, we can't make the same mistake we made last season with having players disinterested and eyeing moves away. 

I like him as a player, always have, but if he wants a move back to Italy as rumoured, or he has no intention of staying with us once he is forced to run down his contract next summer, is he really going to be as motivated when we have to dig in and grind out results?