Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

Very good in possession.. 

makes us tick

and we will probably be fine this season should he stay fit..

but very average out of possession 

doesnt command the middle of the park when opposition attacks us.

racking up the yellow cards also which are coming from being out of position and being wrong side

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Just goes to show what we as a fanbase know. Some of the comments when he was linked to us....

"Nothing player"

"Harry stinks"

"Dogshit"

"Absolute dross"

"FFS!! Noooooooooooooooo!!"

Yes there were plenty who absolutely embarrassed themselves in the Winks transfer thread. But there were also a few of us who recognised immediately what an excellent signing it was :thumbup:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Great thing about this forum is that people are always willing to give a new player a fair crack of the whip and never jump to hysterical conclusions early.  

I actually have that tattooed on my lower back. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Just goes to show what we as a fanbase know. Some of the comments when he was linked to us....

"Nothing player"

"Harry stinks"

"Dogshit"

"Absolute dross"

"FFS!! Noooooooooooooooo!!"

To be fair he absolutely did not pull up any trees in the last few years at Spurs and there was very little serious interest in top flight teams taking him on.

The benefit to us is that he seems to have been able to reinvent himself a little here and so far its working out very well. 

I must admit I wasn’t a fan before the signing as I unfairly assumed he would come with a Spursy level of bottle and wondered what his motive for dropping down was. Happy to admit being wrong and he has been fantastic.

Not sure who the obvious stand in is if he gets injured or when he inevitably gets a ban soon now he’s on 4 bookings in 7 games! 

• Like 1

Why have I noticed some weird obsession Leeds fans have with him since we signed him. One of their YouTube fans was on TALKSPORT saying it's an awful signing when we got him, and since then I've seen nothing but comparisons to ****ing Ampadu. Seriously. Ampadu. 

Hope he sticks one in top bins against them.