Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

10M well spent in my book!

Totally underwhelmed when we signed him, I am now going to remove the TIELEMANS lettering from my 8 shirt and replace it with WINKS.

Cost of living crisis means no new shirts in this household :ph34r:

Just be sure to spell it correctly...

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Probably been mentioned but the time he gave it away and then chased to block the cross was brilliant. Sets a great example.

There was a few times where he worked his socks off to recover passion when either he or a team mate lost possession. Really like him though, he seems to have really thrown himself into things here, look at the passion in him when we scored v cov. It was a big decision for him to come here when he could have gone to other prem teams but it shows the character of him that he wants to come and make a name for himself, I think he wants to make a club his, somewhere he can spend a number of years be a fan favourite and leave a legacy after his time there, he’s looked at what we were offering in terms of ambition and football and felt we could be that team. He’s going to be a great signing for us, plus he seems a great guy too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Spoke to someone at the club recently who told me we’ve sold more Harry winks shirts in a month than we sold Tielemans shirts in the whole time he was here

makes you think 

WINKS costs a few quid less than TIELEMANS

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Spoke to someone at the club recently who told me we’ve sold more Harry winks shirts in a month than we sold Tielemans shirts in the whole time he was here

makes you think 

That cannot be true, I'm almost certain that the 20/21 Tielemans shirt must have been one of our highest selling shirts ever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

When Sammy Braybrooke  is back and assuming he's not lost too much, he's going to slip into this winks position and come on leaps and bounds under Enzo

This is genuinely exciting to think about. I know I've mentioned Alves in the same breath as Braybrooke a lot, but there's also a chance for him to break through this season too, providing he comes back well. Under this manager, we could see quite a few of our youngsters flourish.

• Like 3

Just now, ALC Fox said:

This is genuinely exciting to think about. I know I've mentioned Alves in the same breath as Braybrooke a lot, but there's also a chance for him to break through this season too, providing he comes back well. Under this manager, we could see quite a few of our youngsters flourish.

Yeah was chatting to my dad last night and we both said that Alves and Braybrooke could potentially play a good portion of the 2nd half of the season if they manage to come back fit. 

Would be nice to get some updates on the two of them and see how they're coming along to be honest.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah was chatting to my dad last night and we both said that Alves and Braybrooke could potentially play a good portion of the 2nd half of the season if they manage to come back fit. 

Would be nice to get some updates on the two of them and see how they're coming along to be honest.

It was interesting to hear Maresca say that it’s important to have a winger who can beat their man. This excites me re: Alves. Contrast this with Brendan telling him ‘three touches or you’re subbed’. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

That cannot be true, I'm almost certain that the 20/21 Tielemans shirt must have been one of our highest selling shirts ever.

Might have been if the shirt he actually scored that goal in was available. That still has to be the most laughable error by the club ever. They could have a **** up award night at that club shop. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

makes you think 

Every single one of them thinks they're hilarious and original for putting the number 40 on the back. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

The special thing is that he doesn’t do anything special, keeps possession, always offers an option and when the gaps open up he breaks the line and he exploits it and gets us on the attack. That’s intelligent football, it’s an art in itself. 

Well Said !!

That sums him up perfectly !!

• Thanks 1

He's good. Steady, gets stuck in, comfortable on the ball without ever trying to do too much with it, has picked some nice crossfield balls in the time he's had so far too. Most importantly he seems to be really buying into the ethos of what Enzo is building and has been a big reason it's looking like it should work as a system.

Early days yet, but we seem to have a gem on our hands. :scarf:

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

makes you think 

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Personally, I take issue with the statement that it could make some on here think.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Weird that the Spurs fans didn't rate him and ended up very anti him. I don't get what's not to like plus he came up through their academy since he was a boy. He can't have been a worse option than the likes of Hojberg, Sissokho, Ndombele and others. 

This can happen - our fans have at times taken a disproportionate liking/disliking for certain of our own players (in my opinion).

Maybe there's a highly contentious thread in there somewhere... which I won't curate :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This can happen - our fans have at times taken a disproportionate liking/disliking for certain of our own players (in my opinion).

Maybe there's a highly contentious thread in there somewhere... which I won't curate :) 

I suppose you are right being one of our own can lead to disproportionate reactions. Their loss is our gain with Winks anyhow. 

I am not going to poke the bear either with the thread. 😁

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1