Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's our best player! Good in every game, great attitude, makes things happen, gets stuck in if he needs to.

Great relationship with Ricardo too.

It's criminal he's playing in this division to be honest. I was not impressed at the time, but he's actually been a great signing. May well end up being the best signing any of the relegated clubs have made.

Sums up my view exactly. Didn't get the signing at first, now it looks extraordinary business. Praying he remains injury free.

• Like 2

I thought he was far too deep at times today and really ineffective. Yes, he'll pick the ball up and play one twos with the defenders but you could sign someone from Tamworth that could do that. Hull probably saw him as a potential key player so happy to let him have it almost In defence and in return he was happy playing safely with the KP atmosphere not at its greatest. 

Second half I did notice he tried to run with ball and take a few more risks bit this wasn't within any game plan and it looked like 11 players meeting each other for the first time. 

Very worrying what was observed today. 

Winks is such a clever footballer. Watching him in person you can just see he knows all the tricks of the game. The way he uses his body to win possession in aerial duals against much bigger players is really impressive. 

Quickly  becoming my favourite player in this team 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

How did he end up in this division? Do we have some dirt on somebody? He could easily slot into a team like West Ham or Brentford.

It’s odd, can only assume the tempo in the Premier League is ever slightly too fast for his game.

• Like 1

Just now, Will1981 said:

He and Ricardo seem to know where each other is at all times without having to look.

I think that's that little bit of class shining through, some players just have that peripheral vision and ability to know exactly what's going on around them without having to check. I know the levels are different so this is not a direct comparison, but the last player I saw at their relative level that was able to just effortlessly know and judge everything around them was Cambiasso. At times Winks makes really tight situations just look effortless, very tidy on the ball.

I'll remind everyone I said what a class signing him and Coady were by the club. Restored my faith in them when it was at an all time low.

There was a real reality check needed from our fanbase when we went down. We were still judging every transfer like we were a top 6 team. It doesn't take much footballing knowledge to know him and eventually Coady will absolutely storm this league.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s odd, can only assume the tempo in the Premier League is ever slightly too fast for his game.

There was a time where he looked class for Spurs in the PL and CL. I think he struggled with injuries and subsequently form, looks to be regaining that initial ability he had when he broke out.