Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m not going with the ‘he’s just brilliant’ line yet.

Offensively, he set us up on quick attacks many times.

Defensively, I thought he was suspect.

It’s typical FT though. If we were playing a Championship side with a more cutting edge (or just a better finisher) yesterday, we’d have lost as the game would have been out of sight.

As it was, they spurned their chances and we took complete advantage of that.

I’m reserving judgement for quite a few weeks yet as I thought we were lucky to win yesterday.

We spurned chances as well..where would the game of been then…

would ofs,should ofs,  maybes don’t toll up at the end of the game..we may not not of got to the cup final,we may have seen Spurs winning the league instead of us….
Just think in any game won,or last seasons our games lost should ofs,could ofs, would show a totally different league…

silly silly points on opposition missing chances, But conveniently not counting ours.…Shot at by 3 bullets or 6, where’s the difference..!If they go by..!!!
2 deadly ones and one only grazed is what counts..after 44 games..88 for..44 against.

Too early, even for the quite pathetic show of leaning towards the negatives,that by EOM doesn’t count…

To the balanced fan,twist,turns & hold are obvious…to those dependant in getting the last negative in,just won’t or can’t see

the big picture of what can be built on…

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We spurned chances as well..where would the game of been then…

would ofs,should ofs,  maybes don’t toll up at the end of the game..we may not not of got to the cup final,we may have seen Spurs winning the league instead of us….
Just think in any game won,or last seasons our games lost should ofs,could ofs, would show a totally different league…

silly silly points on opposition missing chances, But conveniently not counting ours.…Shot at by 3 bullets or 6, where’s the difference..!If they go by..!!!
2 deadly ones and one only grazed is what counts..after 44 games..88 for..44 against.

Too early, even for the quite pathetic show of leaning towards the negatives,that by EOM doesn’t count…

To the balanced fan,twist,turns & hold are obvious…to those dependant in getting the last negative in,just won’t or can’t see

the big picture of what can be built on…

I like you mate but don’t forget what happened last season. Yourself and quite a few others constantly (for months) telling us all would be ok, whilst we drifted downwards to relegation.

The glass half full thing is fine, just don’t expect to be hit with it when it doesn’t happen.

Just take your time, watch the games, build up a view of how the tactics are working (or not) and give an honest account of both the team and the players.

My honest account of Winks for Sunday’s game was that, getting forward, he was Rolls-Royce at times. Smooth with the ball, quick with his passing and you could see he’s played at a better level.

But without the ball, he was left by their CM’s quite a few times and if they’d have gone 2-0 up (which they really should have.. I bet Robins is spitting in his own beer), I’m not sure we’d have come back.

Balance yourself buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I like you mate but don’t forget what happened last season. Yourself and quite a few others constantly (for months) telling us all would be ok, whilst we drifted downwards to relegation.

The glass half full thing is fine, just don’t expect to be hit with it when it doesn’t happen.

Just take your time, watch the games, build up a view of how the tactics are working (or not) and give an honest account of both the team and the players.

My honest account of Winks for Sunday’s game was that, getting forward, he was Rolls-Royce at times. Smooth with the ball, quick with his passing and you could see he’s played at a better level.

But without the ball, he was left by their CM’s quite a few times and if they’d have gone 2-0 up (which they really should have.. I bet Robins is spitting in his own beer), I’m not sure we’d have come back.

Balance yourself buddy.

I never said we wöold be ok,but it’s better to support the club & team…

And yes upto November I believed Rodgers could turn it…I never thought any guy

would keep running down a blind Alley…By Febuary..I was done, with him,but not all the players,or squad.

I was glad to see him go…Still thought it was worse in losing PL place…than actually closing down that era..

But I still believed in supporting the club and squad,believed they had it in them…But they didn’t believe,and you will see since the Southampton game…I lost most of that belief….Though like now,one scrubs one down,and starts all over again..

Getting the spikes out in first few games…sorry not my thing..Club and squad…start again & so does my support & anew my

encoragement…Everyday a new chance,it’s an Hobby a pastime,being a fan keeps me from worrying about the big bad wolf..

Real life .. I worked all my life,that was stress…Foxes..sport..now I am not competing…No worries…I sit back & enjoy,do my slating under my bed pillows…and I have said  a 1000s times,don’t take my posts personally..They are different view. Points and perspectives…Though like others have.mentioned I don’t understand over weeks the cynical demeaning of players, or club..

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I meant his passing ability tbh and he doesn't seem to fall over all the the time 

Hmm. Passing ability may be close I suppose.

Maddison is obviously our mortal enemy now, but he's a far better player than Winks in most areas if we're being honest.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm still not sure he's all that. 

He doesn't do anything special, looks for simple ball every time. I see alot of Papy in him in this regard. 

Something I do like is, he is constantly making himself available for the ball. I would be creaming myself if he did something good with the ball when he got it, here's to hoping that comes with game time and understanding his teammates. 

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

He doesn't do anything special, looks for simple ball every time. I see alot of Papy in him in this regard. 

Something I do like is, he is constantly making himself available for the ball. I would be creaming myself if he did something good with the ball when he got it, here's to hoping that comes with game time and understanding his teammates. 

He controls the tempo, dictates the play - these players don’t do anything spectacular so you don’t notice them, he keeps leicester ticking over and keeps possession, usually the pass before the assist. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

He controls the tempo, dictates the play - these players don’t do anything spectacular so you don’t notice them, he keeps leicester ticking over and keeps possession, usually the pass before the assist. 

Let's hope so, I just don't see it. 

Think people are seeing more thanks there Same with Silva too. 

36 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Definitely in the minority. He's not going to be a skilful player in the middle of the park that will always take players on. But in this system, he is perfect because he recycles the ball and gets it moving, sucking opposition in to create gaps and space. 

It doesn't need to be special. Leave that to the wingers or other midfielders. 

What he does good is the simple stuff. And that's fine. 

4 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Hmm. Passing ability may be close I suppose.

Maddison is obviously our mortal enemy now, but he's a far better player than Winks in most areas if we're being honest.

Maddison and Winks play very different roles with very different skill sets. Maddison wouldn’t be great as a deep pivot and Winksy isn’t going to tear it up as a number 10. 

41 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Not in the slightest bit undermining you bud but that's simply his job in the role he's being given 

And so far he's doing it bloody brilliantly 

It's pretty much a selfless position he's playing in, but it's going to allow the likes of KDH and Casadei (when he arrives) license to get forward and into the box, anything spills on the edge and he will be there 

It's early days so I can see where your coming from, but it's absolutely vital we keep him fit, he's the man who's going to keep the ball ticking over 

I get it now, midfielders like Winks in a lot of teams are often less important. In a fluid system like Maresca plays and at this level he does look one of, if not our most important player. I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I was too rash in criticising going for players like Winks.

His attitude has always been exemplary as a player, just fingers crossed Seagrave doesn't expose his injury weaknesses. He is integral.

• Like 3