Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Kind of surprising he hasn't gotten more of a sniff with the national team, as he seems like the sort of player Southgate loves.

Well he’s got 10 caps which is pretty good. 

He was a regular in squads until he stopped playing regularly for Spurs 

Edited by Stevosevic

In my own defence, tbf I had calmed down and warmed to Winks even before he signed. 

I just had images of us selling Madders for well under his value and then just immediately trying to replace him with Winks for crazy money and all to fvcking Tottenham's benefit at that. 

This was obviously long before we knew what system Maresca was going to play and how Winks would feature. As the penny dropped it looked like really smart business even before we wrapped the deal up. 

• Like 1

Plenty of picking at the scabs on here, but had no idea personally so can claim neither high nor low ground.

Glad he is doing well though, not glamourous, just productive. (Not saying he isn`t a looker mind....)

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

June was not a good time for some fans 

Screenshot_20230921-110921.thumb.png.1a1a32465370db88a3235a293e81552d.png

Screenshot_20230921-110941.thumb.png.2fa4b91bccc38b0ab40d31c67c273412.png

Screenshot_20230921-111026.thumb.png.2251feda165cee77e5b97a29e32a08d0.png

Screenshot_20230921-111037.thumb.png.02f005812184f5bcc954733ef7a7ab49.png

Screenshot_20230921-111054.thumb.png.2713ffd819b7dc8e23418587ebbdea34.png

Screenshot_20230921-111216.thumb.png.5ca220bebdbc8c2ba8859deb22abab19.png

Screenshot_20230921-111253.thumb.png.60a18af82e64a33e500885088462fc79.png

We'd just been relegated and I was unhappy with everything we were doing..... who would have gussed :rolleyes:

I wish I only had the hindsight. You got the lottery numbers?

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We'd just been relegated and I was unhappy with everything we were doing..... who would have gussed :rolleyes:

I wish I only had the hindsight. You got the lottery numbers?

Calm down mate, just jesting. We could all go back and find where we were wrong! I'm sure I've done the same no doubt lol

Maybe it's a lesson for all of us to give players a chance. It's nothing deeper than that! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Respect the ambition from KDH saying he's working hard to be the best player in the league. 

But he's probably not even going to manage to be the best centre mid on his own team. 

Winks is a cheat code to be fair. My knee jerk reaction when we were first linked was one of disappointment, it struck me as so underwhelming. But he's just such a vital component of how Enzo wants to play. I'm genuinely terrified of him getting suspended or injured. 

The trio of Hermansen, Vestergaard and Winks is so vital to our ability to play out from the back and all three of them are far, far, far too good on the ball for teams at this level to deal with. 

What really impresses me the most with Winks is his agility and touch, he can just receive the ball and turn to beat his man so quickly he's a one man press beating machine. 

He isn't incredibly showy, he does play a very simple game but christ is it effective. 

Comments in bold are ones no one would expect last season :D

7 hours ago, mod hero said:

🙋🏻‍♂️ I didn’t rate this signing one bit.

I do now. He’s absolutely immense and integral to the way we play.

Keep it up Harry 💙🦊

Yes I'll admit to bring appalled when we got him. Only here cos he failed at spurs but he has been another level:appl:

Winks is integral to our new style that is evident.. it’s his movement and ability to to receive the ball in tight areas that are his strengths.

for a player at the base of the midfield, he is pretty poor at tracking runners and being a screen for the back 4.

it’s pretty much why he’s playing championship football rather than PL.

He is the answer now and we will get away with it against average opposition.

an upgrade will be needed though  Should we get promoted.

I wonder whether we could have stayed up had we had him instead of Tielemans last season.

Just the sheer lack of athleticism by Youri had us scrambling at times because he couldn't shake defenders, meanwhile we see Winks beating others for pace, smart little turns etc