Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm worried that he played yesterday when he wasn't fully fit, but Maresca brought him on anyway.

There are plenty of things to worry about if you want to worry about things. Leeds and Ipswich for starters. But I wouldn't worry about this, seeing as there's no evidence that it's the case.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Reckon we would have been near enough promoted if he hadn't got injured. He has a great positive influence on other players, which isn't suprising seeing as he was a kingpin in one of our best ever teams. He stays fit and we do it imo. 

Totally agree. In terms of goals and assists he’s so far behind KDH it’s absurd, but the team plays much better when he’s in it. 

He’s looked leggy since returning from injury though. He had a good first 45 against Brum but Praet should have come on sooner. 

Will be interesting to see if he’s still here next season. I think he would like to be but he’s a great pickup for anyone on a free transfer. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree. In terms of goals and assists he’s so far behind KDH it’s absurd, but the team plays much better when he’s in it. 

He’s looked leggy since returning from injury though. He had a good first 45 against Brum but Praet should have come on sooner. 

Will be interesting to see if he’s still here next season. I think he would like to be but he’s a great pickup for anyone on a free transfer. 

I'd be very happy if he stayed, but realistically it'll be a huge pay cut that we'd have to offer so I wouldn't be suprised if he turned it down. 

• Like 2

Of all the players out of contract in the summer he’s the one I’d most like to keep (with respect paid to Vardy and Albrighton). However a similar view is probably also held by opposing managers and scouting departments. I’d be amazed if we manage to keep him tbh.

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be very happy if he stayed, but realistically it'll be a huge pay cut that we'd have to offer so I wouldn't be suprised if he turned it down. 

It's not about his current salary here but what he gets offered from elsewhere.

It's possible that his current contract is the best one he will ever get in which case he may resign. The same could be said for vardy and vestergard.

5 minutes ago, kenny said:

It's not about his current salary here but what he gets offered from elsewhere.

It's possible that his current contract is the best one he will ever get in which case he may resign. The same could be said for vardy and vestergard.

True, and we might offer a longer term like we did with Hamza. 

• Like 1

When you're a free agent, it's not just about a new contract, you usually get a hefty signing on fee.

Likely scneario is something like Leicester offer Ndidi £60K a week, but someone else offers him £80-90k a week plus £2-3M signing on fee. They might even go to as much as £5m. For the buying club, you aren't paying a fee, which is a massive saving as Wilf with say 2 years left on his contract is still probably worth 20M.

It's not impossible he stays here given he's loved here and has settled, plus the new role change. But I could see multiple teams picking up on a free because IMO he's amazing value for many teams, even if he's more of a squad option that a starter. Any team that gets into Europe like Villa or West Ham could do a lot worse than Wilf. Man United could do alot worse than sign him!

It goes without saying I hope he stays. To replace him with someone as good would be pretty tricky. Do you really want to see Casadei on loan here again next season lol !?

If he does go, I could see us trying to get McAtee on loan or perhaps Sammie Szmodics who might be 28, but has scored tons of goals from attacking midffield for Blackburn. Unfortunately, the more I think about it, Casadei returning is inevitable isn't it! We won't have any money, he won't get into the Chelsea team and Enzo likes him.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

When you're a free agent, it's not just about a new contract, you usually get a hefty signing on fee.

Likely scneario is something like Leicester offer Ndidi £60K a week, but someone else offers him £80-90k a week plus £2-3M signing on fee. They might even go to as much as £5m. For the buying club, you aren't paying a fee, which is a massive saving as Wilf with say 2 years left on his contract is still probably worth 20M.

It's not impossible he stays here given he's loved here and has settled, plus the new role change. But I could see multiple teams picking up on a free because IMO he's amazing value for many teams, even if he's more of a squad option that a starter. Any team that gets into Europe like Villa or West Ham could do a lot worse than Wilf. Man United could do alot worse than sign him!

It goes without saying I hope he stays. To replace him with someone as good would be pretty tricky. Do you really want to see Casadei on loan here again next season lol !?

If he does go, I could see us trying to get McAtee on loan or perhaps Sammie Szmodics who might be 28, but has scored tons of goals from attacking midffield for Blackburn. Unfortunately, the more I think about it, Casadei returning is inevitable isn't it! We won't have any money, he won't get into the Chelsea team and Enzo likes him.

I’m sure the 17mins that Casadei has played since Chelsea recalled him will have improved him significantly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I’m sure the 17mins that Casadei has played since Chelsea recalled him will have improved him significantly!

what were they thinking?

he was bang average for us and they thought he could improve their first team? lol

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I can’t imagine us going in for Casadei again. Chelsea left us short by recalling him unexpectedly and then not playing him. 
He would have learnt a lot more staying with us and playing regular football with Wilf injured. 
I don’t think we would let that happen again. 

Edited by Viva

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

Just shows you how much creativity we lack in midfield.

He was brilliant before his injury. Not been the same since. Perhaps he’s signed out, not risking injury before the end of the season!

He looks good at the start of the season, so good in fact that he's probably our most important player.  Then he is overplayed and gets injured, then we rush him back when he's clearly not right and moan about his performances. 

Why are we blaming Ndidi for him being mismanaged season after season? The bloke can barely stand upright, he's clearly not fit....That's not his fault. It's like groundhog day, year after year and yet we're still blaming the wrong people every time.