Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf surgery is incredibly advanced nowadays, where you can have hip surgery and the next day or 2 be doing rehab 

Maybe pottering around Tesco's with a zimmer frame but not playing as a number 8 for Leicester. Unless your first name is Dennis. . 

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Something isn’t right about this, Wilf was asked when would you be back he said a couple of weeks to which he was asked if he meant training and he replied no playing in matches……. Not sure how he could be confused or not understand, he has lived here for 7 years and speaks very well, so much so he was having a right laugh with Warnock. I call bullshit and Enzo is spinning a yarn for whatever reason. 

Either that or he genuinely doesn't understand the difference between weeks and months, maybe they use a different calendar in Africa. If so perhaps we could trick him into thinking he still has 2 years left on his contract.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Something isn’t right about this, Wilf was asked when would you be back he said a couple of weeks to which he was asked if he meant training and he replied no playing in matches……. Not sure how he could be confused or not understand, he has lived here for 7 years and speaks very well, so much so he was having a right laugh with Warnock. I call bullshit and Enzo is spinning a yarn for whatever reason. 

Yeah, that's next level misunderstanding if so!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, majaco said:

What subject was his degree.   Wasn't it something with a mathematical element?

Business management wasn’t it??

Doesn’t quite make sense that someone that’s got a degree from an English university doesn’t know the difference between weeks and months!? 

• Like 1

I felt at the time something about his answer seemed very unserious when he said it - he had a twinkle in his eye and a big grin which sort of suggested maybe he was being flippant, or taking a kind of positive/downplaying approach. Perhaps he didn't appreciate the implications of giving that sort of answer in a televised interview.

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure he said he’d an an op a couple of weeks ago in the sky interview 

More as in the surgery probably could have waited, but they've opted for it now knowing he'd be back sooner than they'd reported to the Nigerian FA

I watched the recording of what he said. Wilf said he was "2 weeks post surgery" and that it would be another "couple of weeks" till he starts playing. He did not say it would be 2 weeks until he plays, but this was misreported as such in a few places. 

I think it's possible that Wilf simply thought another 8 weeks would fall under the definition of "a couple of weeks" in the sense of "a few weeks". It's not another 3 months, as that timeframe was given at the time of injury and a month has passed since. 

Edited by brucey

10 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Pretty obvious Enzo didn't want Wilf putting that level of positivity out there whilst the window is open and we are seemingly in the market for budget midfielders. Wilf will 100% be playing before Feb is out at the latest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Either that or he genuinely doesn't understand the difference between weeks and months, maybe they use a different calendar in Africa. If so perhaps we could trick him into thinking he still has 2 years left on his contract.

Well Africa is an area 3 times the size of Europe containing 54 separate, sovereign, states and 1.2 billion people so it’s quite possible that some of them, somewhere, use a different calendar to the Gregorian one. In fact Ethiopia do. 

But as Ndidi is Nigerian, some 5000km away from Ethiopia, I would suggest that Ndidi couldn’t use that as an excuse 

11 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rudkin pulling the plug on Sensi deal so Enzo is lying about Wilf, spiking Hamza's lemonade and kicking Winks in 5 a side training...

14 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

It's the same calendar used to determine dates of birth apparently.