Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

31 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Enzo must know he's not going to arrive in the box and score goals. That's not his game. He's just being played there until we can sign an actual attacking midfielder (I hope)

I presumed the idea was that he'd drop in alongside Winks when we defended and then when we attacked Ricardo would come into midfield alongside Winks and Ndidi would push up and be a makeshift target man. Use his size and power to flick the ball on or hold it up.

Didn't work. Nice idea though I'd rather we skipped trying it again.

4 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

But isn't that exactly what he was doing today? And, in the first half, really quite effectively. He's just doing it 50 yards further up the pitch than he used to.

Surely that must be why he's there, no? If Maresca wanted a tidy little passer in there he'd just pick Praet. So it must be deliberate. I think he's there to break up opposition attacks before they even start.

Yeah seems like the idea is to start the press / create turnovers higher up the pitch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Maresca has just described him as an attacking midfielder… 

IMG_9234.jpeg

If Maresca thinks that, he's obviously never watched Ndidi play a lot. A destroyer at his best, but lacks the pace, touch and passing skills to be the sort of player Enzo is thinking about. I may be proved wrong, but today's evidence suggests I won't be. 

• Like 1

Probably the only player I've ever seen that has a first touch that looks like a 5 yard pass to someone. 

Absolutely woeful.

I don't dislike him as a person or even a player. But the role he's being asked to play is not for him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Which is why he’s been poor. Cos when we was playing DM before his injury he was one of the best on the PL

Absolutely. He was rightly being regarded as a rival to Kante at his peak with us. He never quite matched Kante at both their peaks, but N'didi was definitely a close 2nd in the league. Injuries, personal issues, Managers, true age?!...  Who knows what happened to him, but he is nowhere near the player he was, and there has been zero sign of him ever getting back to anywhere close to that level. As much as I want him to suddenly rediscover some form  after 2 long years, I don't think we can afford to start him anymore, even in the Championship! I am surprised Enzo is to be honest, but I am putting that down to a similar reason as to why he is starting Vardy. Even Managers can be guilty of picking reputation and past successes, over players who offer more now. Hope he corrects that asap. 

45 minutes ago, longy said:

Probably the only player I've ever seen that has a first touch that looks like a 5 yard pass to someone. 

Absolutely woeful.

I don't dislike him as a person or even a player. But the role he's being asked to play is not for him.

I once scored a 20 yarder with a dreadful first touch, ball fizzed across to me on the edge of the box, I thought I’d take a touch and hit it, went to control it with the inside of my boot and it flew of perfectly and nestled into the bottom corner, catching the keeper completely off guard.

Had a few beers bought for me in the bar after it and the opposition manager compliment me on a great hit - to be fair to anyone but me it was a class finish of a class striker. 
Reality it was a shite first touch - hopefully we see this from Wilf this season.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LeicsFox said:

Don’t know why he wants to be an attacking midfielder all of a sudden? Doesn’t suit him and he didn’t really do much today.

I don’t think it’s a case of him begging Maresca to be an attacking Cm, but him given the job.

It’s clear he’s just filling the space  until we get a CAM in…

we’ll be playing between 50-55 games this season. Will need some strength in depth anyway….

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeicsFox said:

Don’t know why he wants to be an attacking midfielder all of a sudden? Doesn’t suit him and he didn’t really do much today.

What makes you think he "wants to be an attacking midfielder?"  I think he's just filling in temporarily 

Pains me to say it but he's clearly not suited to that position and will probably lose his place to one of the potential loanee signings