Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

On 03/01/2024 at 07:08, fuchsntf said:

In fact with  a Akgun will Travel, & Cannon to the left,and Cannons to the right, wait until its Cannons in bloody front of them..

With us Fatawu..ing them ,then Mavi(didi) men,with a nod & a Wink,leaving them in a Nelson

with scripts from that young  Sir ( Conan) Doyle pre-written, leaving all opposition

in  such a Castadei-lock!!

AFConned our competitors,leaving Foxes Albrighton & cosy in a K.dewsbury-Hall,

dance soon ready to rattle up a Enzo ball Vardy-party.

Carry on like this, we will give ‘em all chance by  leaving the Mads at the door..:bounce:

What a difference half a year makes…We have picked up all the gauntlets,that challenged us,each time a different knight found to ease any challenge.

Each Faes we are prepared and take Vestergaard of all our rescources..

The game is up, "Herr Fuchs".  I've worked out your carefully guarded identity.

randomtext.JPG.7b26866315aaeb43f9a049ed7f636838.JPG

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I hate to be that guy but he did start 7 games last month. Perhaps this is a lesson to Maresca that players, especially injury prone ones like Ndidi, need rotation. 

Yet everyone was whining when he was subbed off in games, especially the Ipswich match. I know Enzo has started him a lot but he hasn't been playing full games. 

But i think the time has come to start seriously thinking about what happens now being Wilf. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bmt said:

It may be the difference between getting records or not but I am quite confident we have reasonable cover. Casadei has been disappointing but it's a good opportunity for him and Yunus. 

Yep half agree. They’re both technically better than Wilf, especially in the final third. I think what we will miss most is Wilf’s effectiveness at winning the ball back high up the pitch. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Huge blow, especially as we can’t sign anyone until we sell someone. 

Fingers crossed Praet gets fit, or even better leaves.

We can sign someone as Iversen has gone to Stoke on loan.  We now have a space in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We can sign someone as Iversen has gone to Stoke on loan.  We now have a space in the squad. 

“We need to sell”. Enzo confirmed this and was also asked regarding this point. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

“We need to sell”. Enzo confirmed this and was also asked regarding this point. 

Why do we need to sell?

if we’re short on cash now, when it’s almost certain we are going up, then what happens next season when there will be a need to bring in at least 5 or 6 players?

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why do we need to sell?

if we’re short on cash now, when it’s almost certain we are going up, then what happens next season when there will be a need to bring in at least 5 or 6 players?

Direct quotes from Enzo. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Love how every injury is a "muscle injury". There are over 600 muscles in the human body. Any chance Enzo can narrow it down a bit?

Calf isn’t it. 

Going from what has been said it’s got to be a complete tear. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Love how every injury is a "muscle injury". There are over 600 muscles in the human body. Any chance Enzo can narrow it down a bit?

Yes but this is an "important muscle"

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I know that but I’m asking why.

As has been pointed out elsewhere he said the same in the summer when we had two players in on trial. Fire we loaned them in. 

Sadly friend I’m not able to give you the answers you wish. 

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Calf isn’t it. 

Going from what has been said it’s got to be a complete tear. 

Depends who is listening to the conference, I'd imagine its in Enzo's best interest to keep it quiet if its a minor injury. He won't want any tempting 15million offers from clubs for Wilf in this window. Also you don't know how much detail has been provided to Nigeria. I know I'd love to know all the details but sometimes its in the best interests of the club to keep it all a bit quiet. 

With that being said I'd imagine its not a serious injury and he will be back playing when he is fit (or the club think they can get away with having him on the field).

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he want to squeeze every game out of Wilf knowing his going away for AFCON.

You almost resting him for his national team if you rotate him

It feels like a calculated risk which paid off in one way,  we managed to win 6 and draw 1 out of that 7 but not the other.

This is the risk I was saying a few weeks ago that we should take. It's a shame that it's up to 3 months, but 6 weeks of that he wasn't available anyway... whereas if we'd have pushed someone else and lost them, say Casadei.. we'd have been without Wilf and our back up for 6 weeks at the same time.

It is a shame, part of the reason I didn't want Cannon risking until daka had travelled in case he picked up a knock and was out during the AFCON.

I think we lose a lot of physicality losing wilf, but we should manage with what we have, although I wouldn't be objective to another option coming in myself. 

Teams will look to bully us in the middle of the park now though

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I know that but I’m asking why.

As has been pointed out elsewhere he said the same in the summer when we had two players in on trial. Fire we loaned them in. 

Didn't we also have a bid in for mcatee on deadline and he chose Sheffield utd?  Surely that money would still be there?