Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Wonder what Leicester gain from a loan 

will be on low wages so other than mandatory doesn’t make sense . 

He plays for England U21's. He is regarded. Helps no one him sitting on the bench in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Better than him being sat here not doing anything to be fair

Enzo doesn’t see how he fits in with us so very unlikely he would be used at all

Might be we put a mandatory clause in if they stay up or something like that though, or even just an option to buy like we did with Hamza last year

12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Even if he's on 30k a week that's 1m + a season saved, plus a loan fee.

Better than him just sitting around and us paying him.

• Like 1

It's very weird that people are so worried about losing Thomas when our manager has outright said that he doesn't fit anywhere in our system yet no-one's worried about losing Victor when Enzo has said can fit how we play. 

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Maresca mentioned that with the system we play, the traditional roles for Kristiansen and Thomas aren't there. But what if Maresca leaves? Or we decide to change system next season? Those players would still be good full backs.

For that reason for both players, we might see more value in loaning them out to get play time instead of outright selling them. 

It's a good point you've made , half the problem with Rodgers was that he was stuck in his ways, if we do get promoted we may completely change our style and formation and use fullbacks 

42 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Funny old game innit when even our peripheral squad players are signed by PL teams. 

I'll be delighted for Luke if he goes. Just have the feeling he'll proper elsewhere rather than the added pressure of playing for his hometown club. 

• Like 2

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Funny old game innit when even our peripheral squad players are signed by PL teams. 

I'll be delighted for Luke if he goes. Just have the feeling he'll proper elsewhere rather than the added pressure of playing for his hometown club. 

Technically not a bad player, he just needs to toughen up a bit. Feel like he could get exposed in that Sheff U team who will be defending for their lives each week.
Best of luck to the lad tho.

2 minutes ago, kingpower said:

When Coady is fit, Doyle will surely play LB/LCB and then JJ is there for cover

Yes, but we surely can’t fall into the trap of relying on the fitness of Justin, as he won’t stay fit for a season, as long as there’s a hole in my arse!!

Hope he does well. Will be interested to see if the last two years or so have just been him playing at his level or if Rodgers killed him. Seems a confidence player and I don't doubt having a manager continually throw you under the bus, as well as not being able to be pulled out of the limelight when you might need to be because you're one of two fit full-backs, might affect you.

If he bulks up and gains some confidence I still think we have a player, hopefully gets some serious minutes at Sheff Utd then could come back a totally different player.

I think this one could work out very well for us

• Like 1