Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas

Not surprised that Thomas may leave after what Enzo said in the press conference for Cardiff

At least with Kristiansen he can see him playing in the Doyle role

Can they play like Ricardo does?

“No, I don’t think Victor and Luke they can play inside like Ricardo is doing now. Probably we can try to use them in different way, Victor in the way we are using Callum. Luke we are working with him to see how we can adapt him.”

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Can’t imagine it’ll be a loan with only a year left on his deal. Think we need to sell to be honest. I always felt he was the weak link in the team. He is the sort of player that has to be at his absolute best to look just half decent. 

Pretty sure his uncle who is on here has said that his contract ending in 2024 is wrong

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Why would we, to develop him so he can sign for someone else on a free next summer 

What does it matter? If he doesn't fit Enzo's system, which Enzo has already stated he doesn't then he's probably going to leave next year anyway so he either goes out on loan before that happens or he stays here taking up a squad space and we pay his wages for 12 month before he leaves...

10 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Why would we, to develop him so he can sign for someone else on a free next summer 

3 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Don’t see a loan happening with a year on his contract unless we do what we did with Hamza.

His uncle who is on here has said his contract doesn’t end next year

Also the club never actually announced when his contract ends when his contract extension was announced

• Like 1

He's not good enough or versatile enough to play in our system. Even if we did play with orthodox full backs or wing backs, we have 3 better than him on the left side alone in Justin, Kristiansen and Castagne. Hopefully the club are looking to move him on for this reason

6 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

He's not good enough or versatile enough to play in our system. Even if we did play with orthodox full backs or wing backs, we have 3 better than him on the left side alone in Justin, Kristiansen and Castagne. Hopefully the club are looking to move him on for this reason

He started in a cup final win at 20 years old and had a great game. He's 22. I think it's far too early to say he's not good enough or versatile enough. He just needs to go on loan somewhere where he will play in a system somewhat similar to the one we are trying to develop so that he can learn what's needed and come back a better player for it. Its not just a case of loaning him out for the sake of it we need to loan him to the right club. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not surprised that Thomas may leave after what Enzo said in the press conference for Cardiff

“No, I don’t think Victor and Luke they can play inside like Ricardo is doing now. Probably we can try to use them in different way, Victor in the way we are using Callum. Luke we are working with him to see how we can adapt him.”

I mean it's a silly question really, they clearly do not have the technical ability.

Like asking Gnonto if he can play in goal!

Would be worth sending him to Luton or Sheff United like a few have said. I like Luke, be he isn’t going to improve sat on our bench, and it’s likely he won’t feature much this season as I don’t think he can offer what Enzo wants….. I think a move back to the PL for one of those sides would really help. Plus, if he does well we could always sell him at a later date. 

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The game in Thailand didn’t he play something random like right wing?

I hope he gets a good move away for his sake and kicks on. Can’t see him being given a fair crack with us anymore and shame to waste his development years sticking around. 

Not sure why he’d want a loan though. Better to find a permanent move.

• Like 2