Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas

44 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Can’t imagine it’ll be a loan with only a year left on his deal. Think we need to sell to be honest. I always felt he was the weak link in the team. He is the sort of player that has to be at his absolute best to look just half decent. 

Still won more than Harry Kane though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Leicester lad.

England under 21 player.

Fa cup winner.

He deserves a little more respect.

Not disputing the above but players with a lot more pedigree/reputation in the game get much more disrespect aimed at them than Thomas.

He’s basically average at best at everything required for a modern day footballer, particularly the physically demanding role of a FB/WB.

I always thought he has the passing range of a midfielder. It's just whether he can adapt positionally and cope with the rigours of the 'engine room' and have the play going on all around him as opposed to only to the one side of him.

I guess Maresca feels he can't do that right now. I'm not sure what else he might be planning for him. I don't really think he's much of a forward or CB.

I would guess if he goes out on loan, that would put paid to any 'adaption' and he would leave when his contract expires (if it expires in 2024 as suggested - if not, then it'll probably result in a sale next summer).

It would be a shame because I like it when academy players come through. He's won the FA Cup and played a significant part in the England U21s Euros win in the summer. But even among us fans, we can see that his game needs development if he's to be a regular at the top level. I'd love it if he could find his niche and become a top player but at this point a move away is probably best for him. Or accept a season of bit-part involvement while Maresca works on his game so he can become a different kind of player.

Either way, any loan fee or permanent transfer is pure profit from an accounting perspective so I'm sure the club would be entertaining offers if they come in.

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I see Thomas as a better prospect for the way we play than VK from what we've seen, VK looks more of a wingback where as Thomas looks better defensively when he doesn't have to overlap the winger 

VK can play the Doyle role, he's played LCB for Copenhagen and is good in the air too. Thomas I think is the victim of this unusual vision that Maresca has, with less than 2 years on his deal I'd not be surprised to see Leeds come in with a £6-7m bid.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

VK can play the Doyle role, he's played LCB for Copenhagen and is good in the air too. Thomas I think is the victim of this unusual vision that Maresca has, with less than 2 years on his deal I'd not be surprised to see Leeds come in with a £6-7m bid.

Thomas is an interesting one. I've always thought he doesn't do anything well enough to play as an LB or LWB nowadays. Not particularly quick, can't whip a dangerous ball in, not the best defender.

He is a tidy footballer though - Good first touch, and his short passing is decent. I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he could do well in the role Ricardo is playing now.

I'm sure I heard Maresca say that they are working on him at the moment to see if he can adapt to that and you can definitely see why.

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Thomas is an interesting one. I've always thought he doesn't do anything well enough to play as an LB or LWB nowadays. Not particularly quick, can't whip a dangerous ball in, not the best defender.

He is a tidy footballer though - Good first touch, and his short passing is decent. I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he could do well in the role Ricardo is playing now.

I'm sure I heard Maresca say that they are working on him at the moment to see if he can adapt to that and you can definitely see why.

Maresca has said he doesn’t think either of Thomas or Kristiansen can play the Ricardo role, but at least with Kristiansen he thinks he can do the Doyle role

However it sounds like he isn’t sure how they can use Thomas

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maresca has said he doesn’t think either of Thomas or Kristiansen can play the Ricardo role, but at least with Kristiansen he thinks he can do the Doyle role

However it sounds like he isn’t sure how they can use Thomas

Fair enough - I must've mis-heard him!

I think Luke Tomas needs a permanent move away from Leicester to a club where the fans respect him as a player. Our fans give so much scrutiny to our academy players that it's hard for someone so young to gain confidence. I think he should look at Calvin Bassey as the model to follow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Would be worth sending him to Luton or Sheff United like a few have said. I like Luke, be he isn’t going to improve sat on our bench, and it’s likely he won’t feature much this season as I don’t think he can offer what Enzo wants….. I think a move back to the PL for one of those sides would really help. Plus, if he does well we could always sell him at a later date. 

Help who? Why do Luton or Sheffield United want him? Why do people post "we should send him to xxx club", doesn't make sense, especially when those clubs are a higher division than us.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well if that's the case, then brilliant

Clearly Rogers didn't think he had a future fulfilling the LB role which is why he brought in VK.

Enzo is of the same opinion so it's best if he moves on from here. A sale is the best option alround or a loan with an oprion ro buy.

He leaves a Cup winner, Something very few achieve, And he's played in some very big games. A lot to be proud of.

I wish him well for the future.

• Like 1

He’s the sort of player that you have to question where that loan is though. I think championship is where he is currently at, so we don’t really want to strengthen a rival and I still think he’ll do really well for someone. 

• Like 1

Feels like he's a victim of circumstance. Another manager comes in who plays a back four and he's 100% in the squad battling with VK for the LB role. As it happens, Enzo comes in who plays a LCB at LB in effect and he's surplus to requirements.

Seems a decent pro, got areas to develop in his game, but has come through our academy and played 50 games of Prem football with us, winning the FA cup and playing for U21s. I'm sure he'd have taken that at 22! Probably time to move on now to somewhere he'll be first choice, most likely in the Championship or maybe a newly promoted Prem club. I imagine he'll have a decent career playing at that level.

Just such a weirdly inconsistent player. 

Has games when he doesn't look out of place whatsoever at the top level, then he'll be by far and away the worst player on the pitch the next.

The player in the FA Cup final vs. the player who should've been dragged WITHIN the first half against Blackburn last season because he was that awful.

He needed a loan 2 seasons ago. Shame to lose an academy product, but if Enzo doesn't fancy him then just move him on permanently. The squad needs thinning out.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Help who? Why do Luton or Sheffield United want him? Why do people post "we should send him to xxx club", doesn't make sense, especially when those clubs are a higher division than us.

It is a well established FT fact that if we have a player we no longer want, we are within our rights to decide the buying club, fee and tear up his contract. If that doesn't work blame Rudkin.