Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not surprised that Thomas may leave after what Enzo said in the press conference for Cardiff

At least with Kristiansen he can see him playing in the Doyle role

Can they play like Ricardo does?

“No, I don’t think Victor and Luke they can play inside like Ricardo is doing now. Probably we can try to use them in different way, Victor in the way we are using Callum. Luke we are working with him to see how we can adapt him.”

not so much the post,but the general idea and sypnosis going around Enzo,Club ,Media & FT..on this point..

I consider this total nonsense…

Ricardo..nearly 30..

Thomas……………22yrs

kristiansen……….20.

Its very dark for me…A wanna be top coach, can’t take on 2 youngsters & within a season ,

can’t get them producing to an 8 yrs more experienced players style  in a shorter time ( also to help with funds)

Enzo says himself it takes time…THEN bloody well give them that time,any NEW player will also need time..

I don’t buy into this new tactic needs special characteristics & skillsets,it only needs that coach to realise,any of

his charges will need various periods to adapt and adopt to the style…

Mature Players only 30 years ago,had to go through drastic style changes,when changing clubs…

Enzos’s ( not Peps,Enzo said that himself) is not a world breaking new system.. Its taking up various movement,through different lines,looking for/providing more quicker ball FBs/WBS were doing that in Beckenbauers/Rehhagels/Paisley  management periods.  Pep tweeked that Spanish movement,through the WHOLE team,with suprise borderline individuals

taking up the cause…Since then not so easy…

Enzo has to be Enzobal I  not Pepball II… He has to be savvy where he is beginning,discarding younger players,with a club

struggling with FFP,plus the football logic of turning young players skillsets around,should not be too difficult for someone who has carried his dream,knowing it must have to coerce with the football realities given platform…

Surely he looked at Leicester Squad, and seen he could still at least use the younger players potential..Justin,Thomas,Kristiansen & others…

Letting the new broom sweep,every young talent new investments,and all experienced players completely out,without a 2nd notion of thought could not have been in club managements mind…Neither the fans…We can’t grow any future where all star players are loanees…A strong base of remainers ( also from/including  loanees) have to accompany us through the many phases that will come,during this season & other seasons to come…Changing young player 1st  team and academy paths,styles,Skillsets  and football-character,is surely the target & challenge of any decent coach.

Throwing, them away or discarding  the investment, I can’t see any logical thought or plan,in this  ( any)  clubs situation…

There is always a lot of incredible & credible noise + clickbait around the new ideology in a new coach & his plans

I just hope Enzo himself,knows/realises some of that noise,will misconstrue his own logical thought process,and he has to be aware,of in simple terms…throwing players under the bus ( oh like according to many ,Rodgers did).

Or showing he is not interested in this or that player…Some fans might welcome it, I don’t..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

If I was, I’d be very proud. Not many pro footballers can put an Fa cup winners medal around their neck.

Agreed with your sentiment to a point. Was just too easy not to make the joke :) 

Plenty of players have the accolades and appearances you mention without having a great deal of talent though… especially young English ones… tend to get overhyped very quickly 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

VK can play the Doyle role, he's played LCB for Copenhagen and is good in the air too. Thomas I think is the victim of this unusual vision that Maresca has, with less than 2 years on his deal I'd not be surprised to see Leeds come in with a £6-7m bid.

Leeds are absolutely hanging out for a left back as well. Currently got Sam Byram as a makeshift so this would make sense. 

His first season or so as a first team member was great,  and I remember everyone on FT saying how he was way better the Chilwell ever was at his age. Personally I still believe that.

As with all  of our players in the past 2 years,  it all comes down to Rodgers "man management" skills.  Rodgers took  a team of talented players and made looks worse and worse every game,  until they believed that themselves.  

I don't see how thomas fits in with Doyle ( good player great potential, but get exposed more times than i can count, but  luckily we didn't conceded because of it), VK ( which is much better player than both at the moment IMO ), and JJ who is better than all of them, more versatile,  faster but sadly injury prone), all in front of him in the pecking order. 

I would love him to extend him contract and stay or get a loan to another championship team, but probably won't happen.  

* English not my first language so sorry for  mistakes. 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackFox said:

His first season or so as a first team member was great,  and I remember everyone on FT saying how he was way better the Chilwell ever was at his age. Personally I still believe that.

As with all  of our players in the past 2 years,  it all comes down to Rodgers "man management" skills.  Rodgers took  a team of talented players and made looks worse and worse every game,  until they believed that themselves.  

I don't see how thomas fits in with Doyle ( good player great potential, but get exposed more times than i can count, but  luckily we didn't conceded because of it), VK ( which is much better player than both at the moment IMO ), and JJ who is better than all of them, more versatile,  faster but sadly injury prone), all in front of him in the pecking order. 

I would love him to extend him contract and stay or get a loan to another championship team, but probably won't happen.  

* English not my first language so sorry for  mistakes. 😅

Wait until November-Febuary,when injuries start to tell…we will again see  our requir3d choices out on loan..

Coady is only a start…

He just hasn't managed to kick on from when he broke into the team. Not really progressed like Chilwell did. 

I like him a lot as a professional though and you could never say he didn't give it everything, but he is just short of being a top player for us. 

Loan or even a permanent move would do him and his career good. 

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He just hasn't managed to kick on from when he broke into the team. Not really progressed like Chilwell did. 

I like him a lot as a professional though and you could never say he didn't give it everything, but he is just short of being a top player for us. 

Loan or even a permanent move would do him and his career good. 

Chilwell definitely benefitted from second puberty. Turned into a complete athlete over one summer.

As for Thomas most of us wanted him to kick on from his early promise but I just dont think he will here, like a lot of other players hes ended up in a rut that he’ll only get out of by leaving. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Chilwell definitely benefitted from second puberty. Turned into a complete athlete over one summer.

As for Thomas most of us wanted him to kick on from his early promise but I just dont think he will here, like a lot of other players hes ended up in a rut that he’ll only get out of by leaving. 

I remember reading articles like this about Chilwell that summer https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6146769/amp/Chilwells-summer-sacrifice-paying-Leicester-defender-makes-impressive-start-season.html.

Not sure it was a second puberty more putting in the graft. Don’t know if Thomas has done something similar but his physique and athleticism suggest he hasn’t.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yes iirc he talked about how he went back to Milton Keynes and trained there over the course of one summer. Since this he’s never looked back. 

Sadly Thomas will get away with his many shortcomings on here as he’s a ‘local lad’. 

12 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I remember reading articles like this about Chilwell that summer https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6146769/amp/Chilwells-summer-sacrifice-paying-Leicester-defender-makes-impressive-start-season.html.

Not sure it was a second puberty more putting in the graft. Don’t know if Thomas has done something similar but his physique and athleticism suggest he hasn’t.

Didn't KDH do a similar thing, trained his ass of pre season 21/22 which lead to his break though 

• Like 1

Don't dislike him but I'd probably get rid. Has he improved at all since his debut? Can't see him ever having the athleticism to play on the flank at a high level so unless Enzo fancies trying to make him into a midfielder I don't think he fits.

He’s never been given a fair crack by many due to being from the academy rather than brought in from outside. Same people who said Barnes will find his level in the Championship. Guess what he’ll now be champions league. Also the same people who pile on KDH at every opportunity.

• Like 4

Guest lcfc80
11 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

He’s never been given a fair crack by many due to being from the academy rather than brought in from outside. Same people who said Barnes will find his level in the Championship. Guess what he’ll now be champions league. Also the same people who pile on KDH at every opportunity.

I'm actually surprised this is the first time I've seen Barnes mentioned, as I got sick of seeing Thomas racing back trying to defend 2 players with Barnes trotting back slowly with his head in the air not realising he lost his man. One of the goals against Forest in the FA Cup was a prime example of that. Not saying Barnes is the reason for Thomas struggling to find his feet but found it amazing he got left exposed so much yet people shouted blue murder at Thomas for it.

Think he's also been really unlucky as we're now used to Ricardo, Castagne and Justin being able to play different positions, where he's still a traditional left back, and now he don't fit in. He's still young enough though to get a decent loan somewhere, do well and then you never know.

Honestly don't get some of the over the top criticism, but at the same time currently see why he's struggling to get his break at the moment. End of the day he's one of us so wish him well whichever way his career takes him

Guest Sideshow Faes

He's a decent young player but I don't think he's good enough for top end of the championship. That said, I actually could see a prem team coming for him based on him being an England u21 international. Think we should sell and I thought that before Enzo.

On 22/08/2023 at 14:26, AjcW said:

Agreed with your sentiment to a point. Was just too easy not to make the joke :) 

Plenty of players have the accolades and appearances you mention without having a great deal of talent though… especially young English ones… tend to get overhyped very quickly 

I reckon many Foreigners also get overhyped and pushed on OTT valuations and so called skills.