Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Will he be first choice at Sheff though? Id rather he was loaned to a Championship club where he starts every game personally 

Is an odd one. Ben Osborne starts for them (although he's more of a CM) and they have larouchi on loan already from Troyes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Will he be first choice at Sheff though? Id rather he was loaned to a Championship club where he starts every game personally 

Sheff Utd fans very much seem to think they need a new left back to start ahead of who they already have

Good move for him and us, if he doesn't develop under Heckinbottom then he's likely hit his ceiling.

Ideally he develops, gets some good game time and we can sell him for a nice chunk in the summer. Best of luck to the lad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Good move for him and us, if he doesn't develop under Heckinbottom then he's likely hit his ceiling.

Ideally he develops, gets some good game time and we can sell him for a nice chunk in the summer. Best of luck to the lad.

Or he comes back here a better player.

• Like 2

This - 'my name is Enzo and I don't do fullbacks' is nonsense. He hasn't reinvented football folks. He simply has a philosophy. One that is less dependent on using a traditional full back. But I'm sure it doesn't require their obliteration from the footballing planet. It just means we might not need a stock pile of them. So one or two can go. 

Not every last FB to ever wear blue.

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If Enzo is here it won't really matter.

That depends, doesn't it? By all accounts Thomas doesn't want to leave. However, he knows he won't get gametime this season. He could go to Sheff Utd with the aim to get gametime, develop his skillset, and come back knowing what Enzo wants to see from him.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see him thrive. Preferably here, but if it's elsewhere, then so be it.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

Brilliant move for both. He deserves to play and gets his chance in the prem. If he won't play for us again due to the system we play (not down to him being a shit footballer by the way) we now have him in the shop window for the season and might get better money for him. Fair play to the lad and best of luck to him.

• Like 1

Surely he gets replaced with someone similar to Doyle, or someone capable of playing an inverted full-back role. 

Justin, Ricardo & Doyle as full-back options isn’t enough, Choudhury playing there is a square peg in a round hole situation.

Just now, kingfox said:

Surely he gets replaced with someone similar to Doyle, or someone capable of playing an inverted full-back role. 

Justin, Ricardo & Doyle as full-back options isn’t enough, Choudhury playing there is a square peg in a round hole situation.

Bang on

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That depends, doesn't it? By all accounts Thomas doesn't want to leave. However, he knows he won't get gametime this season. He could go to Sheff Utd with the aim to get gametime, develop his skillset, and come back knowing what Enzo wants to see him from him.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see him thrive. Preferably here, but if it's elsewhere, then so be it.

I'd love to see him do well. At Sheff U he's likely gonna be playing left wing back, so he's not gonna really develop the skillset needed with us.

The more I see at Celtic and at Leicester, it's quite clear that the players were completely stifled under Rodgers, I really hope he can go there and start to become the player we hoped he would be by now. 

I admit, I said that he won't play under Maresxa as if it was a fact rather than my opinion. I have a habit of doing that, I wish I had disclaimer saying "please don't take what I say too literally" :D 

• Like 1