Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

Losing Kel would be a Big blow and we won’t be able to entice someone as good as him BUT I’d like to think we have someone lined up who would  add something a little bit different. I’m sure there’s a striker out there with a bit more pace and is better at pressing who could also   Have some link up play in his game.  I think Maresca could find someone who could suit our system better even if they are not quite as good, if that makes sense..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Losing Kel would be a Big blow and we won’t be able to entice someone as good as him BUT I’d like to think we have someone lined up who would  add something a little bit different. I’m sure there’s a striker out there with a bit more pace and is better at pressing who could also   Have some link up play in his game.  I think Maresca could find someone who could suit our system better even if they are not quite as good, if that makes sense..

We will likely need TWO strikers though with Daka leaving. Lots of work to do if Kel does move this late on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was absolutely abysmal on Saturday and hasn't looked very good all year. If anyone offers decent money, sell. Vardy has looked much livelier this season and will be a good sub.

I completely agree (not abysmal but not the be all and end all of success this season). But a replacement needs to be found! 

Armstrong and Adam’s have 7 between them already this season

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was absolutely abysmal on Saturday and hasn't looked very good all year. If anyone offers decent money, sell. Vardy has looked much livelier this season and will be a good sub.

Who assisted the first goal?

Interesting. I know i'm not in tune with the majority on here, but i've always felt it in my bones he was going this window. Yes, there was an assist at the weekend but other than that i didn't think he was anything special again. I think the fact he got taken off in the 59th minute (not long after the goal) was telling.  I don't really understand Enzo's attitude to strikers, but maybe they have someone lined up who can do that false 9 role leaving Vardy as the impact sub. The contract situation is the killer here, and if there is a little bit of a 'market' brewing between several clubs, then maybe at last we have a little bit of sway in our favour with the fee.

Its going to be an interesting week for sure.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I’m a fan of his and honestly I expected a bit more from him in these games (I know it’s early days) so if an offer came and we could get someone in I wouldn’t mind 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maresca’s reaction to him giving the ball away in the second half said it all, instantly turned around and told Vardy to get ready.

Kelechi is such a strange player, I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be to see what he can do in training/when he is concentrating but generally his mentality seems poor.

• Like 4

It's quite conceivable that Maresca has a preferred option already lined up but we haven't made any moves because we've got too many strikers on the books and we've just been waiting for one to leave before pulling the trigger on someone whose skillset is more in line to get them a starting berth where they can be more effective than our current lot. Kel has been playing as 1st choice because he's probably the best option we have, it doesn't mean he's the best option available once the markets open to us, which it will when/if we have the cash available.

Can't wait to see Mbappe in the shirt...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimJams said:

It's quite conceivable that Maresca has a preferred option already lined up but we haven't made any moves because we've got too many strikers on the books and we've just been waiting for one to leave before pulling the trigger on someone whose skillset is more in line to get them a starting berth where they can be more effective than our current lot. Kel has been playing as 1st choice because he's probably the best option we have, it doesn't mean he's the best option available once the markets open to us, which it will when/if we have the cash available.

Can't wait to see Mbappe in the shirt...

I think you might be right with this, Mbappe aside.

There were some whispers on here that Maresca doesn’t particularly rate him but is having to play him out of necessity as you alluded to.

Obviously all hear say though!

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maresca’s reaction to him giving the ball away in the second half said it all, instantly turned around and told Vardy to get ready.

Kelechi is such a strange player, I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be to see what he can do in training/when he is concentrating but generally his mentality seems poor.

When i went on a little rant the other week someone who wanted him to stay pointed out he was likely the sort of player who wouldn't put 100% in during training. I thought it was an odd justification to Nacho's approach. Its all conjecture, but if it is the case, i can see Maresca as someone who is currently demanding 100% of everyone in training to achieve his goal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

Sell he's too inconsistent for my liking and get someone in who suit's Enzo's system.

He basically is involved - assist, pre assist or scorer - in goals every time he plays. Has been for 3 seasons or so now. Often within moments of entering the pitch.

How much more consistent do you want? 

• Like 1