Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

he seems to be the only forward we have that actually does what it looks like the manager wants.

Only compared to the other two who are pure in the box finishers and offer very little else in general play. I'm sure given the choice he'd bring in a new forward who isn't so erratic in everything he does.

Also if Ndidi is moving on it makes sense to move on Iheanacho who will no doubt be even less focused without his mate around.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's too late in the window. Not only is he our first choice but now we've actually played a few games, he seems to be the only forward we have that actually does what it looks like the manager wants.

With Piroe gone to Leeds, unless we've got another striker up our sleeves that excels in link up player, I'm pretty sure we're not selling Iheanacho.

I think the club have anticipated bids for Iheanacho and Ndidi, with less than a year on their deals we'd be stupid not to. Especially as Iheanacho had previously said he wanted to leave.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the club have anticipated bids for Iheanacho and Ndidi, with less than a year on their deals we'd be stupid not to. Especially as Iheanacho had previously said he wanted to leave.

I think it'd be really strange behaviour, with a few days left and Daka completely frozen out, to sell him now.

Not sure it's worth cashing in the <15m we'd probably get for Iheanacho if it costs us promotion. Who are we likely to go out and get right now to come in and be first choice in the type of mould it looks like Maresca wants to fill a striker?

And, be honest here man, I'm not talking about Ric Flair's list of 479347 top tier wonderkids that we're clearly not even thinking of looking at.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ricey said:

We’ll sell him because we’ll have to. He’s got one year left on his contract, so if we can get £15M-20M we’ll take it.

I think we would do well to get £10m. Then you have to ask is it worth gaining £10m now or losing in him for nothing in the Summer, but by keeping him he helps us gain promotion which will be worth more than £10m.

It's all price dependent and with the link this late in the window and it being a somewhat hostile bid seem as he's starting for us you would think Wolves would have to make it worth our while so that would probably be £15m - £20m.

It's dependent on getting rid of Daka as if that doesn't materialise he'll be brought back into the fold I would have thought and Maresca would have to find a use for him. Maybe we have another striker in the pipeline? We were linked with this player this morning but as of 5 mins ago it appears he's going to Ajax

Will all come down to the money- doesnt it always- if we get £15m offered no way we turn it down - not a chance- last year of contract- we will have multiple people lined up I agree with Ric- we would be expecting to lose him and Ndidi and will be ready to jump with replacements

if the club has a replacement lined up and they know they can get then sure Kel could be allowed to go, but if we havent then I doubt the club will even think about accepting a bid, even with a year left on his deal

as we'd be incredibly short upfront; with Daka looking like hes on the way out too

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's all price dependent and with the link this late in the window and it being a somewhat hostile bid seem as he's starting for us you would think Wolves would have to make it worth our while so that would probably be £15m - £20m.

It's dependent on getting rid of Daka as if that doesn't materialise he'll be brought back into the fold I would have thought and Maresca would have to find a use for him. Maybe we have another striker in the pipeline? We were linked with this player this morning but as of 5 mins ago it appears he's going to Ajax

He's class, we were never REALLY linked with him. Just silly twitter rumours.

• Like 1

He's been very poor in the 3 games he's started. I must say I thought he'd look a class above at this level. I know three games is a small sample but his touch against Rotherham almost every time he had the ball was shocking. In our new system we need a striker who can play, who can hold the ball and link play. Too many times it bounces off him. I have to say though surely now it's too late to do business unless we have someone lined up.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think we would do well to get £10m. Then you have to ask is it worth gaining £10m now or losing in him for nothing in the Summer, but by keeping him he helps us gain promotion which will be worth more than £10m.

Of course, if we got promoted, he might sign a new contract so won't necessarily leave