Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone getting David Nugent vibes? Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

i did tbf when I watched the goals he scored for PNE; should be a real asset to the team i think

also ones wondering why Everton are selling, they want players ready to go, and Cannon doesnt fit that for him

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Feels like our scouting has fallen so far, I remember we used to sign unknown stars from lower league like vardy or mahrez from france, now we going for a everton striker reject.

Bit like James and Drinkwater et al. …..

• Like 3

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Feels like our scouting has fallen so far, I remember we used to sign unknown stars from lower league like vardy or mahrez from france, now we going for a everton striker reject.

He’s a young talented striker hasn’t even played for Everton’s first team if you count one minute against wolves to judge him as a reject 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

By your logic, Vardy was a Sheffield Wednesday reject and Mahrez had been let go by numerous clubs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i did tbf when I watched the goals he scored for PNE; should be a real asset to the team i think

also ones wondering why Everton are selling, they want players ready to go, and Cannon doesnt fit that for him

Plus they need money 

• Like 1

Come on lads, don't write this kid off, he's 20 and did really well for PNE on loan scoring some really good goals, all different types of goals too.
If we were spending the money on an unknown striker from Portugal it would lead to the same amount of risk - probably more!
If we get promoted then this fee will be peanuts even if he doesn't thrive next year.
Enzo will surely have signed this one off.

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

That’s a shocker!!! Next season if we go up he will be going somewhere like Peterborough on loan…. Not happy with this

yeah because no player has ever stepped up to the prem from the championship have they. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Come on lads, don't right this kid off, he's 20 and did really well for PNE on loan scoring some really good goals, all different types of goals too.
If we were spending the money on an unknown striker from Portugal it would lead to the same amount of risk - probably more!
If we get promoted then this fee will be peanuts even if he doesn't thrive next year.
Enzo will surely have signed this one off.

Yes, if only he’d been called Canoncio from Bologna everyone would be happy!

• Like 4

Cannot believe the hate this is getting on here, he’s a championship striker, we are in the championship! He is young & still has time to prove his worth.

If we do judge him, let’s do it after a run of games & not before the lads kicked a ball for us.

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Hes scored nearly 1 in 2 in the championship and had a good goalscoring record at PL2 level. He’s exactly the sort of player we used to go for 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah because no player has ever stepped up to the prem from the championship have they. :rolleyes:

It’s extremely rare! Only a handful really have, Vardy, Bowen, Toney and a few others…. There’s many more than haven’t! 

im willing to place a sizeable bet that (if promoted) he gets under 3 PL goals next season