Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

He seems to be something different to what we have too, not a pace merchant, not erratic, maybe that's what we need. Our striking situation has been below parr since Vardys demise began, so I'm glad to see us try a slightly different path than try to replace Vardy. 

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Really struggling to see the reason for any negativity towards this. He's young, won't have problems settling, has just played in the Championship (in the division we're in!) with a full season run rate of ~20 goals, has similarities in play style with Vardy (the GOAT), and is going to cost around £7m. He looks an absolute steal to me!!

Completely agree.  He was only 19-20 last season as well.  Another years experience and a team creating more chances, really think he will do well.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

People complain when we buy proven Premier League players like Winks and Coady. Complain about us taking a punt on foreign players like Akgun and Ishaaku. Complain about getting players on loan. Now complaining about signing a young striker for a relatively small fee. 

I'm no fan of Rudkin, but some of the moaning is just for the sake of it.

No it's not 

6 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

It’s extremely rare! Only a handful really have, Vardy, Bowen, Toney and a few others…. There’s many more than haven’t! 

im willing to place a sizeable bet that (if promoted) he gets under 3 PL goals next season 

so you are willing to put "sizable" money on a player you have never seen play scoring under 3 next year if we get promoted. 

Go on then. Give me your "sizeable" money and i will find someone to take the bet. 

• Haha 1

Good signing, if this is in with Daka out and keeping Kel then that would be a no brainer. Daka while I think he'd be a better player currently isn't in his managers plans and won't be keen to play second fiddle behind two players. While cannon will push Kel and Vardy hard and tbh he is way above anything we have a youth level for his age. Already a shining light at Preston last year, he only improves IMO. 

A good championship player for a championship team. 

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Really struggling to see the reason for any negativity towards this. He's young, won't have problems settling, has just played in the Championship (in the division we're in!) with a full season run rate of ~20 goals, has similarities in play style with Vardy (the GOAT), and is going to cost around £7m. He looks an absolute steal to me!!

some people think we are top tier premier league,need to get their head out their arses imo

this is a sound sensible signing 

• Like 2

Seems like, from the little I know of him, a player who's very much a like for like with Iheanacho which makes sense to have two players that do something similair within our system to rotate then a wildcard option like Vardy. 

6 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Because we've got a load of spoilt brats for fans

• Like 2

Just now, Scotch said:

Seems like, from the little I know of him, a player who's very much a like for like with Iheanacho which makes sense to have two players that do something similair within our system to rotate then a wildcard option like Vardy. 

No offence mate but this is the exact opposite of what he is. He's not an Iheanacho doppelganger at all. 

He's entirely a Daka replacement in the Vardy mould. Gets in behind, reasonable turn of pace, predominantly a finisher. 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

No offence mate but this is the exact opposite of what he is. He's not an Iheanacho doppelganger at all. 

He's entirely a Daka replacement in the Vardy mould. Gets in behind, reasonable turn of pace, predominantly a finisher. 

Really? My bad. Like I said, I haven't seen a lot. Just looked from the comps like he will drop a bit deeper create space and link play like Nacho has been doing this season.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

reminds me Nugent tbf with some of his movement, certainly say he'll be better in the system we play compared to Vardy and Daka

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Feels like our scouting has fallen so far, I remember we used to sign unknown stars from lower league like vardy or mahrez from france, now we going for a everton striker reject.

Feels like an excellent piece of business. Signing a young player, proven to score goals at this level, resale value, enabling us to ship out a much more expensive failure. Great work. The reasons why Everton are selling are well documented and easily understood