Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

Was wondering: anybody else score two on their debut?? Stan-the-man? Joe Waters(cup)? Ally Brown (way back in '69)??

I can’t remember his name, but didn’t one of the youth team players score a hat trick on debut in the League Cup? 

He left for Rangers a season or two later 

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Joe Dodoo against Bury.

Jeff Schlupp also bagged a hat-trick on debut in the League Cup at Rotherham. 

Yep - that’s the fella.

I was also thinking Jeff Schlupp, but couldn’t be arsed to research it :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Horrible thought.... but if Cannon gets injured tomorrow who do we have to play no. 9 given that our other 3 strikers are either injured or unavailable? 

Mavididi has played there 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2024 at 18:24, STEVIE B said:

I agree with most of that, although I'm not sure many of us think Kelechi has done himself any favours recently. Too passive, lazy & seems to play as if he's off somewhere. 

Hence why I said he's already had his chances to cement his position (implying he failed to take them). Can't deny that he is still a top level finisher though.

• Sad 1

How much did we pay? 8.5M? That looks a bargain based on the last few games!

This guy can finish. In terms of composure and instinctive finishing, he looks like the best we have at the club.

He should have scored more than one goal today, but this is his first run of games in the team, and even his misses were pretty close. I am impressed!

• Like 2