Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

6 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Cannon is light years ahead of Daka IMO with regards to the variation of his play, speed of decision and strength on the ball. Daka perhaps makes better near post runs whereas Cannon seems to favour checking back to the penalty spot (very small number of games to go on) so there's still lots for him to work on. 
Also keen to see how he is in the air when presented with a headed chance, which we haven't seen much of yet.

2 different players.. 

Good to have both type of choices available... 

Dont forget  we need a squad.. One will do better on different occasions... 

It might be down the line, we might want to play both..

LIKE many fans suggested for

Nacho-Vardy, or Nacho-Daka..

8 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Chelsea and Man City's money didn't make strikers better.

The way football has changed in the last twenty years has led to an absolute draught of strikers and even a player like Hojlund who shows a slight amount of promise can go for 70m. There are barely five good strikers in the premier league, the richest in the world and looking across Europe there are very few there either. The two teams who have spent the most money in Chelsea and Man Utd still don't have a top striker.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

All those were pre Chelsea / Man City money. I think since 2010, the list is pretty small. There probably are a few others, but it's harder and harder to do it.

Apologies, when you said only a handful have ever achieved it I assumed you meant, you know - since the invention of the Premier League. 

I love how after the few sub appearances all I could see were comments like "well he couldn't even get in Everton's team with Calvert-Lewin out for a year"

Now it's "will he break 20 premier league goals"

Brilliant. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BenTheFox said:

There's a lot of disappointment in the Ipswich Post match thread. I do think it's worth mentioning here though that it looks like we have a serious player on our hands. 

Yes - i thought he looked great. Hits a shot really sweetly as well.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

There's a lot of disappointment in the Ipswich Post match thread. I do think it's worth mentioning here though that it looks like we have a serious player on our hands. 

If he was playing for a team that gave him the ball in dangerous areas he would be scoring for fun

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

His shot power and ability to get one away with very little space are very good signs. Will score for fun against lesser opposition over the rest of this season.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why isn't he getting a sniff? He's been the best finisher at the club this season. 

That’s a big leap! His xG isn’t great and he’s a cart horse, that has no positional sense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why isn't he getting a sniff? He's been the best finisher at the club this season. 

And he is injured.

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Absolute nonsense...the striker barely gets a touch in this system . He's perfect for it. A natural finisher 

Absolutely agree, he seems to have more hunger and speed than daka.. why he don’t get a look in I don’t know.. 

8 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Absolutely agree, he seems to have more hunger and speed than daka.. why he don’t get a look in I don’t know.. 

You seriously believe Tom Cannon to be quicker than Patson Daka? 

8 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

You seriously believe Tom Cannon to be quicker than Patson Daka? 

I don't think anyone does but Daka's "speed" is a myth because he has zero anticipation to back it up. He loses a yard simply by not noticing the ball is heading his way.