Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

After the game he signed autographs for fans, as did Faes, Vestergaard and Coady. Maybe some others, but after we got Cannon's we left. It was too wet. A couple of other players quickly got in their cars and left. Fair enough, it was cold and wet. But great of him to take time to meet young fans.

It was my boy's first game at the KP, so pretty happy for the win.

That must of been nice for your son, to no only merge cultures, but also a generation... 

Another thing 'son' enjoy every game with your dad, but for 90minutes plus another 30 don't believe a word he says.. Your own take on play, will be just has good.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Tom is Aptly named, That first Goal was a Cannonball of a shot.

May he get many more like it.

Gets better after each watching. Second goal wouldn't have stood in the Premier League as VAR would've spotted the offside. 

• Like 1

Lovely, lovely finishing yesterday. Movement, strength and finishing.

I have my doubts he's got what it takes to be a top Prem striker, suspect he's slightly lacking in all domains, but those attributes convert to any level.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's possible that we might've picked a gem here and at half the price of Piroe it's looks like very decent business. 

When you consider his time at PNE his played 1834 minutes which is the equalivent of 20 games and has 10 goals.

That's a goal every 183 minutes.

Piroe has 50 in 9417 minutes, which is a goal every 188 minutes.

Cannon is 21 we could have a good player on our hands.

If Cannon and Daka provide what they’ve shown in glimpses between them over the last month for the rest of the season, then it’s going to be super hard for Vards to get anywhere near the XI. End of an Era. As for Kel… 4th choice as it stands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

If Cannon and Daka provide what they’ve shown in glimpses between them over the last month for the rest of the season, then it’s going to be super hard for Vards to get anywhere near the XI. End of an Era. As for Kel… 4th choice as it stands.

I honestly think the Vardy thing is being kept under wraps. I think he's probably done but they're working out the best way/time to put that across. Perhaps we are trying to sign someone first and not get fleeced? 

I'd seen signs leading up to the mysterious injury, deeply frustrated, taking his anger out on the grass/goalposts. Looks like someone playing in an awful lot of pain.

It's not surprising, what an incredible career given he wasn't fine tuned by an academy from day 1 and hasn't exactly treat his body like a temple has he lol.

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not this one guv. Presume means the one that was disallowed. 

image.thumb.png.30c237d34feac842d19893842e398719.png

Brilliant frame here actually from a tactical point of view.

Huddersfield had blocked their backline with 5 all game, and we've managed to take them apart here. 

Wingers are on the touchline to stretch the full backs apart, Cesare has a really good position occupying the LCB, and their central CB has had to push to stop the potential turn and go from Winks/Yunus. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I honestly think the Vardy thing is being kept under wraps. I think he's probably done but they're working out the best way/time to put that across. Perhaps we are trying to sign someone first and not get fleeced? 

I'd seen signs leading up to the mysterious injury, deeply frustrated, taking his anger out on the grass/goalposts. Looks like someone playing in an awful lot of pain.

It's not surprising, what an incredible career given he wasn't fine tuned by an academy from day 1 and hasn't exactly treat his body like a temple has he lol.

Think this is a bit melodramatic imo. 

He's closer to 40 than 30, he's just got an injury, it isn't surprising. 

He'll play more games and score more goals this season, probably maintaining the same 0.6ish goals per 90 we've seen so far which is a respectable return for a striker playing in a team performing as we are. 

Don't see him having a major impact next year. I'd happily see him stay on in a similar capacity to Albrighton, Morgan et all mostly just a cheerleader come almost coach but he probably fancies playing a bit more and wouldn't be surprised if he goes off for a pay day. 

Either way, I expect Cannon and one of Daka or Iheanacho to start the majority of the remaining games between them. 

Nobody was expecting Vardy to be first choice all year this year, were they? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brilliant frame here actually from a tactical point of view.

Huddersfield had blocked their backline with 5 all game, and we've managed to take them apart here. 

Wingers are on the touchline to stretch the full backs apart, Cesare has a really good position occupying the LCB, and their central CB has had to push to stop the potential turn and go from Winks/Yunus. 

Enzo is the man!

19 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

The striker situation is looking really good for Leicester. Rotating between cannon, nacho, daka and vards.

Don't think we need another striker for next 6 months

Fully agree, happy with our options for this season... However VERY concerned for next season should we go up. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not this one guv. Presume means the one that was disallowed. 

image.thumb.png.30c237d34feac842d19893842e398719.png

No, I did mean this one. Not seen that still and missed the acid yellow shirt at the bottom. The EFL highlights froze the frame with Cannon and outstretched arm beyond the last defender. Bad cropping. Correct decision :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Lovely, lovely finishing yesterday. Movement, strength and finishing.

I have my doubts he's got what it takes to be a top Prem striker, suspect he's slightly lacking in all domains, but those attributes convert to any level.

I think it's way too early to make any calls as to how good he can be.  

I have a lot of faith in Enzo's ability to coach and improve young players & hanging out with Vardy sure wont hurt.

Enzo was quoted as saying he watched eight of Cannons appearances at PNE so knew exactly what he was getting.

7 hours ago, brookfox said:

Nice comments from Enzo, its small things but must’ve helped Cannon feel relaxed.

"Tom's had to wait for his chance and, yes he scored two goals. But when you don't play games, and suddenly you get your chance, everyone is expecting big things. But it's difficult to do those things.

"I told him to 'just go out there, and don't think it's your first time and you need to show people, or me, that you're good. Because if you're here, we think you're good enough. Just enjoy it'.

"It's not easy, but he gave everything along with the whole team."

"I think if you ask any striker in the world, they would want to learn something from Jamie Vardy. But if Tom's 50 per cent as good as Jamie, then I'll be happy."

Maresca's a very good man manager. 

• Like 3

I can't believe I'm reading people make a judgement on a player after barely seeing them play. It's absolutely mental to even think that you should be forming an opinion on the lad's potential already. Whether you think he's the next Pele or the next Mark De Vries, it's utterly insane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I can't believe I'm reading people make a judgement on a player after barely seeing them play. It's absolutely mental to even think that you should be forming an opinion on the lad's potential already. Whether you think he's the next Pele or the next Mark De Vries, it's utterly insane.

Totally agree Pele would be insane, I’d go conservatively for Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, Strokes said:

Totally agree Pele would be insane, I’d go conservatively for Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

:ph34r:

Haha :D - I've gone with Kevin Phillips :ph34r:

Aside from it being very clear from highlights of his Preston goals and his few minutes with us, that he can absolutely thunderc*nt the ball. I'm not how anyone can read much more into the lad's abilities.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Think this is a bit melodramatic imo. 

He's closer to 40 than 30, he's just got an injury, it isn't surprising. 

He'll play more games and score more goals this season, probably maintaining the same 0.6ish goals per 90 we've seen so far which is a respectable return for a striker playing in a team performing as we are. 

Don't see him having a major impact next year. I'd happily see him stay on in a similar capacity to Albrighton, Morgan et all mostly just a cheerleader come almost coach but he probably fancies playing a bit more and wouldn't be surprised if he goes off for a pay day. 

Either way, I expect Cannon and one of Daka or Iheanacho to start the majority of the remaining games between them. 

Nobody was expecting Vardy to be first choice all year this year, were they? 

Vardy has every Christmas and New Year off doesn't he? Feels like it's been that way for the past 4 or 5 seasons anyway, pretty sure he got it written into his new contract after he turned Arsenal down 😂