Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Got the aura of a genuinely top class striker. We've done it again.

He's of a pretty high calibre alright and knows how to take a great shot.

• Like 1

One of the many impressive things about him is that he’s not in the game, and then all of a sudden he comes alive and carved out a chance or gets on the end of something. Sign of a natural goalscorer I think. 

Puzzling that Everton let him go, as they’ve got some right shite up front. But maybe they needed to sell for FFP reasons?

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

it’s Vardy he reminds me of, Not Nugent… 

the way he can play off the shoulder  of the defender… find space… the way he disappears for 15 minutes and then just rockets in a precision shot… his pace ( not quite as fast as Vardy, but not many are) and his strength the way he can shrug off a challenge..

Hes got it in him to be top class and I trust Maresca as the one to get it out of him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Lads it's Everton.

They poached Steve Walsh Snr from us, put him in a role he wasn't familiar with, then when he had Erling Haaland and his dad at the club ready to sign for £4m they turned him down. Then after less than 2 years, sacked him for the guy who would go on to sign Demari Gray and Dele Alli. 

That's precisely what I said. They're not a barometer for good judges of players.

44 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He has so much good going for him. Too early to get excited ? Perhaps. Is it going to stop me ? Hell no. 

All three finishes had PL class.

After the shite of last season we are allowed to get too excited this season. 

The lad is a ready made replacement for Kane for England 

17 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Everton must be crazy? He looks a bargain so far

Off, of the Everton forum.

From what I’ve seen of Leicester ( without Cannon) he would be much more suited to their style than how Dyche plays. He lacks the workrate of DCl or the physicality of Beto in short he’d struggle to be a lone striker in our set up. He was the most improved player in our u23s in 21/22 and early 22/23 season, he really upped his game , becoming a very clean striker of the ball and scoring some great goals. We sold him for the money , simple as that.

I really, really like the look of him so far. Quick for a big lad, strong. Hits the the ball early, and also hits the target. Early days, I know, but think he could be really good for us.

• Like 2

Even with 20 games left it feels like there’s an opportunity for him to score a decent amount between now and the end of the season.

We’ve done well enough creating chances all season but now it feels like we’re cutting through teams with relative ease. Obviously don’t want to get carried away but looks promising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

After the shite of last season we are allowed to get too excited this season. 

The lad is a ready made replacement for Kane for England 

Hope he chooses Ireland, keep him away from all the tapping up that goes on with England.

• Like 1

He’s done very well so far, but I’m reluctant to get too far ahead of myself.

In terms of a Vardy replacement we’ve been comparing every striker to him, so far, at PL level. Cannon has now come in at Championship level. He looks good enough for what we need right now and hopefully he’ll be good enough if/when we return to the Premier League.

It would be good to get another forward fit and playing soon as I wouldn’t want him to carry our hopes for the rest of the season. It would be good to have pressure off and to just enjoy playing in a winning team 

Edited by Jobyfox