Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's funny @Deeg67

The question of "motive" - implicit in which is that there was some sinister anti-Midlands bias in the decision.  It was just bad officiating, and bad officiating doesn't need a motive.  He was about to pull the card, realized he was going go send off a player for a non-contact reason, and chickened out instinctively.  No conspiracy, just incompetence.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The amount of self-pity and conspiracy theorizing on here is truly staggering.

No one is out to get us or keep us down.  Officiating is bad in the PL - how awful is it going to be in this league?  We get screwed by bad calls and have a few go in our favor as well.  It shouldn't happen but it doesn't help to look for intent in it or use it as an excuse for our poor form.  And generally speaking, the style of officiating in the Championship works out badly for possession and flair-based sides, because weaker teams get away with murder trying to slog the game down.  It sucks but that's all it is, not Men in Black.

bad form? personally i would only say we played bad in one of the 3 games we lost, wasnt even that bad compared to other games i saw last season, 

be right tho some of the decisions that have been missed by officials the past 5/6 games have been shocking; just massive inconsistency

and as @StanSP said Seri should have been sent off yesterday; wasnt like he was going back, he was going forward towards the ball at the time

i dont think theres any conspiracy at all, just incredibly bad officials, but then again the standard as a whole has slipped massively 

27 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The question of "motive" - implicit in which is that there was some sinister anti-Midlands bias in the decision.  It was just bad officiating, and bad officiating doesn't need a motive.  He was about to pull the card, realized he was going go send off a player for a non-contact reason, and chickened out instinctively.  No conspiracy, just incompetence.

I didn't even mention form or conspiracy though. It's just terribly bad and I'd love to know his reason for the sudden change of mind? 

The pull then blatant late kick on Vardy was a case of take your pick when it comes to which foul to give for the penalty, but we got neither.

Guess that evens out the one we got away with at Sunderland.

Edited by Nalis

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I didn't even mention form or conspiracy though. It's just terribly bad and I'd love to know his reason for the sudden change of mind? 

Why does he need a reason?  Bad refs are bad refs.  He realized he was about to send the guy off and panicked.

5 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I need to find my tin foil hat as I’m beginning to think the EFL have had a word with their refs to try and do what they can to try and keep us down. 

Given that the officials come from an organisation that is separate to the EFL and PL, how does this work, in practice? 

I’m concerned that refs. at Elland Rd. will be intimidated by the crowd. They seem to have a knee jerk reaction to anything the crowd doesn’t like and book opposition players and give free kicks to Leeds like sweeties. James is one of the worst divers in the league and will regularly get free kicks or penalties. The media love Leeds for some reason so never question dodgy decisions .

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The pull then blatant late kick on Vardy was a case of take your pick when it comes to which foul to give for the penalty, but we got neither.

Guess that evens out the one we got away with at Sunderland.

Except that was a dive and never a penalty. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why does he need a reason?  Bad refs are bad refs.  He realized he was about to send the guy off and panicked.

Which isn't right, and had a bearing on the game? What's wrong with pointing that out? What's the reason for the panic? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Except that was a dive and never a penalty. 

Oh come on, he made the most of it but even with my blue tinted specs he was definitely clipped by Hamza who knew exactly what he was doing.

• Haha 1

Awkward as he comes from the Leeds area which does not help but his reffing of Ipswich away when he missed as clear a penalty as you will see for the foul on KDH and not sending the guy off for two bookable offences must have pointed out to him from the asessors and you would think that would stick in the mind to avoid any accusations of bias. Cannot think the challenge of Vardy would not be given anywhere else on the pitch and yesterday he must certainly did go to give the 2nd yellow and correctly so then decided not to so questions will be asked. Either a poor offficial or something worse. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is there a clip anywhere of this supposed 2nd penalty shout for Leicester in the Hull game? I don't think I saw it on the club's extended highlights video. 

From the post match thread 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, katieakita said:

Awkward as he comes from the Leeds area which does not help but his reffing of Ipswich away when he missed as clear a penalty as you will see for the foul on KDH and not sending the guy off for two bookable offences must have pointed out to him from the asessors and you would think that would stick in the mind to avoid any accusations of bias. Cannot think the challenge of Vardy would not be given anywhere else on the pitch and yesterday he must certainly did go to give the 2nd yellow and correctly so then decided not to so questions will be asked. Either a poor offficial or something worse. 

I forgot about the two yellow cards thing. Astonishingly incompetent. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is there a clip anywhere of this supposed 2nd penalty shout for Leicester in the Hull game? I don't think I saw it on the club's extended highlights video. 

First is a slip, second vardy has played the ball and then greaves arrives into him, they get given pretty consistently in the prem and the ref has a decent angle

Just now, UniFox21 said:

From the post match thread 

that is not a pen and I am convinced that if that was against us and given everyone on here would go on meltdown. Just need to accept that we lost because we lost not just because we weren't given a pen 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

that is not a pen and I am convinced that if that was against us and given everyone on here would go on meltdown. Just need to accept that we lost because we lost not just because we weren't given a pen 

We drew 2-2 mate? 

It goes under ones we've all seen given, late tackle with the ball gone