Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

2 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

that is not a pen and I am convinced that if that was against us and given everyone on here would go on meltdown. Just need to accept that we lost because we lost not just because we weren't given a pen 

We lost?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

that is not a pen and I am convinced that if that was against us and given everyone on here would go on meltdown. Just need to accept that we lost because we lost not just because we weren't given a pen 

I didn’t think it was a penalty either but based on the two he did give in the game I was a little surprised he didn’t give it 

I don’t think it was a pen. Hull defender has gone to put a block in and Vardy makes contact via his follow through. That said I don’t think the others were pens either especially the one where the ‘foul’ happened outside the box.

The ref just gave soft foul after soft foul, especially against our press. Ref completely killed our game.

I’m still shocked by how soft this ref is that he didn’t give the KDH Ipswich pen. Insane inconsistency!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

By today’s standards, the second was is a penalty, every day of the week. A late challenge, not playing the ball and makes contact with the striker - it’s a penalty these days.

Oh and we drew, we didn’t lose.

It is getting frustrating though, this is the latest in a string of pretty bad decisions that have gone against us this season - 4 huge decisions in the game 3 of them went against us. 
Huge games we see decisions go inexplicably against us and it’s really becoming a big issue.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I don’t think it was a pen. Hull defender has gone to put a block in and Vardy makes contact via his follow through. That said I don’t think the others were pens either especially the one where the ‘foul’ happened outside the box.

The ref just gave soft foul after soft foul, especially against our press. Ref completely killed our game.

I’m still shocked by how soft this ref is that he didn’t give the KDH Ipswich pen. Insane inconsistency!

I think this is a pretty great summary. 

It's a soft one, but based on the challenges being given as fouls over the course of the game, it wouldn't have been a shock to see it given.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

When was the last time a howler was awarded in our favour? I can't remember one. Perhaps we just conveniently forget those :dunno:

Saturday 

The quality is exceedingly poor, as simple as that 

36 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Not sure why it's bang out of order. 

If something was going to happen 2nd half, it's not because he signed some stuff for some kids. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure why it's bang out of order. 

If something was going to happen 2nd half, it's not because he signed some stuff for some kids. 

Agree. Criticise him for being the sh1te referee he is, but a few seconds to sign a few autographs - no problem. If he ignored those kids they would be laying into him as well. I can't imagine there is much demand for getting autographs from referees. 

Edited by Chelmofox

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Saturday 

The quality is exceedingly poor, as simple as that 

The only thing that went our way on Saturday was the penalty we did get. That was not a ‘howler’. Whether or not you think it is soft or not is something people will view differently but absolutely not a howler! Even the one that Hull got was as soft if not softer and out the box but gets conveniently forgotten about because they missed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trev3939 said:

We drew.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

The only thing that went our way on Saturday was the penalty we did get. That was not a ‘howler’. Whether or not you think it is soft or not is something people will view differently but absolutely not a howler! Even the one that Hull got was as soft if not softer and out the box but gets conveniently forgotten about because they missed it.

I'd have been raging if that penalty was given against us. At least on there's you can see Mavididi use his arm into the players back for there's. Either way both were howlers. A show of zero competence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather Enzo spent more time trying to get his players revved up than he spends getting angry about the officials.

The blokes had a howler this last month and this is deflection tactics.

What has he done that's been so bad this month?

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I'd have been raging if that penalty was given against us. At least on there's you can see Mavididi use his arm into the players back for there's. Either way both were howlers. A show of zero competence. 

All entitled to our own views of course. I think my differentiation between soft and howler would be that to class as a howler, I’d be talking a pen given for a handball when it’s come off a knee not a hand or a clear dive no contact at all.

Don’t get me wrong, the game in general is a lot softer than I’d like to see, but in the current day, those are given. He’s come across and put his arm across. They are given elsewhere on the pitch. Even if theirs was in the box not outside, I’m not buying it is any less soft than ours!

Anyway, all penalties are subjective and divide opinion. The one truly shocking one was him failing to apply the basic rules and not booking Seri for the sole reason he realised it would be a sending off.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather Enzo spent more time trying to get his players revved up than he spends getting angry about the officials.

The blokes had a howler this last month and this is deflection tactics.

To be fair we slated Rodgers for doing the opposite so I think its harsh to slate Enzo for what you've said. I'd like to think Enzo is giving an earful in private to players when its needed.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

To be fair we slated Rodgers for doing the opposite so I think its harsh to slate Enzo for what you've said. I'd like to think Enzo is giving an earful in private to players when its needed.

Needs to teach our team the dark arts to match such whinging and aggression. So far his team hasn't mirrored what we've come to expect from a cynical Italian schemer and terrier. Its all quite passive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Needs to teach our team the dark arts to match such whinging and aggression. So far his team hasn't mirrored what we've come to expect from a cynical Italian schemer and terrier. Its all quite passive.

We really don't utilise the going down holding your head anywhere near enough 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1) Completely ignoring Yunus (until Ricardo's injury) after he'd finally started impacting on games with back to back goals vs Brum and Swansea, despite our midfielders and wingers faltering

2) Tom Cannon as a left winger at 2 nil down vs Middlesborough. He only became effective when we made a daft of other changes and he dropped in (his best position) behind Vardy.

3) Taking liberties with Ricardo's fitness, the only first team player to have been given barely any rest in recent months and played every FA Cup game. Even admitted his injury was likely due to playing too much.

4) Talking nonsense before the Leeds game claiming it wasn't a big game for us, fine to play mind games if it pays off but he's an inexperienced manager with a squad who's got a suspect record in big games and once again we threw it away in chaotic fashion.

5) Complete disregard of using our squad like he did earlier in the season. We've gone from scoring frequently to only scoring more than one once in the last 6 games and conceding more than 2 goals 6 times in the last 16 games having taken 21 games to concede more than 1 goal. 

I wouldn't mind but our best performance and result of late was from our fringe players and their reward? Completely ignored in other games whilst the preferred XI splutter all over the place.

6) The use or non-useage of Conor Coady is bizarre. He signed him, he was brought in for leadership and that's exactly what we need right now. His last 2 games he's played he has defended excellently and we've won them both to nil. His reward? Wout Faes coming straight back in and being at fault for goals. It's either stubbornness or stupidity from him at this stage. Faes performance on Saturday was beggars belief and still refused to replace him. 

Yeah OK, but apart from that what's he done wrong? :)

• Haha 1