Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

7 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

So although there is corruption in every other organisation, the more money and power the more corruption, you think there is none in football?

Strange take on what I wrote. What made you think from my words that corruption was a part of my statement or could be tied into it.

23 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

So although there is corruption in every other organisation, the more money and power the more corruption, you think there is none in football?

Not at all, but isn't VAR a progression in the élimination of mistakes ? As for corruption this isn't Italy or Argentina. We seem to have a higher code of conduct in our protestant based culture.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

isn't VAR a progression in the élimination of mistakes ?

Well that's apparently the idea, but is it actually?

Aren't people just finding out two things:

Firstly that almost every one of the laws of football depends on some interpretation, and:

Secondly that some of the people employed to be VARs don't appear to actually know all the laws of football. Or at least they forget them at crucial moments.

Is there less moaning about decisions when there's VAR? Or fewer apparently wrong decisions? I'd suggest not really.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Well that's apparently the idea, but is it actually?

Aren't people just finding out two things:

Firstly that almost every one of the laws of football depends on some interpretation, and:

Secondly that some of the people employed to be VARs don't appear to actually know all the laws of football. Or at least they forget them at crucial moments.

Is there less moaning about decisions when there's VAR? Or fewer apparently wrong decisions? I'd suggest not really.

Definitely more controversy and debate .

Almost made things worse !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Not at all, but isn't VAR a progression in the élimination of mistakes ? As for corruption this isn't Italy or Argentina. We seem to have a higher code of conduct in our protestant based culture.

lol alright who let the rangers fans on the site? The UK isn't less corrupt on account of not being Catholic.

21 hours ago, gerblod said:

Strange take on what I wrote. What made you think from my words that corruption was a part of my statement or could be tied into it.

Well, you did use the phrases "cries of corruption", "quieten conspiracy theories" and " then talk of corruption is nonsense".

6 hours ago, gerblod said:

No we don't, we just hide it better.

6 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Forest boss Nuno complaining about refereeing standards following the retirement of experienced refs like Jon Moss! Wtf is he on about? Moss was one of the worst to ever referee the premier league. 

He was the guy who didn’t give Huddersfield 2 penalties in the play off final v Forest ..

• Like 1

Also, lest we forget, completely invented a new handball interpretation when they kicked the ball against Matt Mills hands that were on the floor at point blank range. Then booked Kasper for complaining. Then sent him off for "kicking the ball away" when they scored. He had kicked it to the half way line - which is A) Where it was supposed to be. B) Our ball as we were kicking off. He's always looked out for Forest when they need a hand(ball), no wonder they were upset he's gone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

dunno how people can defend the officials when shit like this is happening still

Looks an even worse decision from the other angle I've seen. The standard of reffing has never been so low.

• Like 1

Because people who watch this crap don`t care as long their chosen team is winning and they buy more merch

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because people who watch this crap don`t care as long their chosen team is winning and they buy more merch

Exactly .

Newcastle fans were just arguing it was justice for a previous error .

No one cares how bad a decision might be if it goes for them .

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think there’s generally a correlation between a win and a decent ref performance (not always ) 

Thought the ref in the Leeds Hull game was excellent and that certainly didn't go our way.