Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

I think the officials deserve extra credit for not just missing the blatant pull back on vardy, but following it up with not seeing Ruddy catch the ball reaching an arm's length outside his box.

It's quite obvious that the officials are not going to go out of their way to give decisions in our favour, no matter how obvious the decision is to give.

If we had VAR, they'd still look for ways to screw us over as well.

We just need to face up to the fact that we're playing against 12 men for the rest of the season.

• Haha 1

Today’s Ref was clearly an imposter.  Obvious fouls let go. Yellows instead of reds. At least one clear penalty missed. It was pretty much the worst performance from a ref I’ve seen, and I’ve seen some shockers this season. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Today’s Ref was clearly an imposter.  Obvious fouls let go. Yellows instead of reds. At least one clear penalty missed. It was pretty much the worst performance from a ref I’ve seen, and I’ve seen some shockers this season. 

He missed a chance to give faes a red - must have forgot which team he was playing for.

• Like 1

He was absolutely honking. Missed some clear bookings for their constant pulling back. Probably missed a penalty too, and to top it off his arrogance was off the scale. 

I sometimes feel sorry the the assistants because they’re directed by the refs. 

Didn’t want to give us anything that he absolutely didn’t have to. 

• Like 3

The pull down of JJ in the box was a definite penalty, if the ref had been bothered to observe it.

Likewise the double arms around Vardy tackle as he made a break was a clear and very obvious foul and at least a yellow, maybe more.

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Fortunately neither team were particularly physical or aggressive as such poor refereeing can sometimes make things kick off. I thought we kept our composure quite well. I didn’t on that one when Vardy was being held as he ran on towards the goal.. That refs performance was local Sunday league standard. 

• Like 1

Birmingham boss Gary Rowett makes Leicester City red card and disallowed goal claims
Stephy Mavididi scored a late winner for City, but their first goal should not have stood and they should have been down to 10 men, the visiting manager believes

SPORT
ByJordan Blackwell
19:17, 6 APR 2024

Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett did not dispute Leicester City’s victory over his relegation battlers but did question two first-half decisions.

The Blues fell into the relegation zone after Stephy Mavididi headed in an 87th-minute winner to break their resistance. The three points sent City top, with Ipswich losing to Norwich earlier in the day and Leeds defeated down the road at Coventry.

But Rowett did not feel City’s first goal should have stood, and also believes they should have been reduced to 10 men. He felt Patson Daka was offside before he laid the ball off to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, and thought Wout Faes should have been shown red for a last-man foul on Jay Stansfield.

“The first one is offside,” Rowett said in his post-match press conference. “I’ve watched it back and it’s a clear offside. Daka is stood in an offside position and the player on the floor toes it towards him. I was a little bit disappointed that they didn’t see that. Leicester had other chances, I’m not suggesting that was a defining moment.

“I thought Jay Stansfield, when Faes brings him down in the middle, there’s no cover. I was told it wasn’t a clear enough attacking position. I’m not really sure what that means because I thought that was quite a big moment. To me that is probably a red card.

"I’m not going to grumble and make these things a reason why we haven’t won. We haven’t drawn or won the game because Leicester are a very, very good side with very good players and really well structured.”

For most of the second half, Birmingham prevented City from creating chances. But they dropped deeper and City applied more pressure, which eventually told with time ticking down.

Former City full-back Rowett added: “It was tough to take at the end when you get to that point but Leicester are a very good side and they play with an incredible width and energy. They make the pitch so big and they continually run through those spaces and open you up. I thought there were times when we had to defend last-ditch and there was a couple where you think we have done well to keep them at bay.

“I thought there were a lot of good things and diligent things around the performance. There is a chance for you to take a point out of the game, whether you deserve it or not.”

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Birmingham boss Gary Rowett makes Leicester City red card and disallowed goal claims
Stephy Mavididi scored a late winner for City, but their first goal should not have stood and they should have been down to 10 men, the visiting manager believes

SPORT
ByJordan Blackwell
19:17, 6 APR 2024

Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett did not dispute Leicester City’s victory over his relegation battlers but did question two first-half decisions.

The Blues fell into the relegation zone after Stephy Mavididi headed in an 87th-minute winner to break their resistance. The three points sent City top, with Ipswich losing to Norwich earlier in the day and Leeds defeated down the road at Coventry.

But Rowett did not feel City’s first goal should have stood, and also believes they should have been reduced to 10 men. He felt Patson Daka was offside before he laid the ball off to Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, and thought Wout Faes should have been shown red for a last-man foul on Jay Stansfield.

“The first one is offside,” Rowett said in his post-match press conference. “I’ve watched it back and it’s a clear offside. Daka is stood in an offside position and the player on the floor toes it towards him. I was a little bit disappointed that they didn’t see that. Leicester had other chances, I’m not suggesting that was a defining moment.

“I thought Jay Stansfield, when Faes brings him down in the middle, there’s no cover. I was told it wasn’t a clear enough attacking position. I’m not really sure what that means because I thought that was quite a big moment. To me that is probably a red card.

"I’m not going to grumble and make these things a reason why we haven’t won. We haven’t drawn or won the game because Leicester are a very, very good side with very good players and really well structured.”

For most of the second half, Birmingham prevented City from creating chances. But they dropped deeper and City applied more pressure, which eventually told with time ticking down.

Former City full-back Rowett added: “It was tough to take at the end when you get to that point but Leicester are a very good side and they play with an incredible width and energy. They make the pitch so big and they continually run through those spaces and open you up. I thought there were times when we had to defend last-ditch and there was a couple where you think we have done well to keep them at bay.

“I thought there were a lot of good things and diligent things around the performance. There is a chance for you to take a point out of the game, whether you deserve it or not.”

Did he not notice the throw on Fats, the penalty for the foul on Justin, the double grab on Vardy, amongst others?

This is what I dislike about such comments, be fair across the board or say nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Didn’t see the Faes challenge as my child needed a wee. What are peoples thoughts? 

50/50 in my view 

So in line with pretty much else he did he just bottled it 

You would be pissed off if it was given against you but you can see why Rowett was unhappy 

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

They should have had four more yellows for blatant fouls. Raging today and I don't usually get that worked up.

It was every single time a player wriggled away second half, both arms round him and dragging him back. Genuinely like watching the tigers. The Justin penalty was the most obvious one but there was another one where Fatawu got room to cross and immediately the defender had daka in a bear hug to stop a front post run, and then the one to stop vardy getting in behind. He was genuinely pathetic in terms of the control he had over the game

• Like 3