Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Not normally one to comment on refs either but these last few weeks particularly have been shocking. We have genuinely lost points as a result and it’s certainly not evening itself out.

With this news of us challenging the EFL and winning, come on, of course they aren’t above instructing the refs to go against us. All these organisations are as corrupt as one another. That’s before you have the reason others have highlighted of them trying to make the league tighter.

That one with him reaching for the card then changing his mind is shocking. Compare that to how quickly the red card comes out the pocket for Leeds opponents? Yeah nothing funny about that at all!!

• Like 1

That one was bizarro indeed almost comical. No wonder the players and Enzo lost their shizzle! I think the hull players realized too they were in trouble. 
so why the hesitation? I guess we will never know. Per the rules ref have to apply them it’s not a discretionary act.

39 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not normally one to comment on refs either but these last few weeks particularly have been shocking. We have genuinely lost points as a result and it’s certainly not evening itself out.

With this news of us challenging the EFL and winning, come on, of course they aren’t above instructing the refs to go against us. All these organisations are as corrupt as one another. That’s before you have the reason others have highlighted of them trying to make the league tighter.

That one with him reaching for the card then changing his mind is shocking. Compare that to how quickly the red card comes out the pocket for Leeds opponents? Yeah nothing funny about that at all!!

This is very very true. I was looking at Leeds last night and found it comical at the reds issued compared to what we face.

• Sad 1

Having now seen the highlights, Hulls pen was a brain dead push in the back from Mavadidi, but was outside the area, so should have only been a free kick.

Vardy should have had a pen for the second challenge on him, Vardy lays the ball back, their guy is too late to the ball and catches Vardys foot, and Seri should absolutely have had a second yellow.

Not only did he not move away, he actually walks towards Faes, and as Faes dummys to take it, puts his foot out.

It might be soft, but in the laws of the game its another yellow.

This was the same guy that was the referee for the Ipswich away game, where he didnt give a stonewall pen on KDH, and he didnt give a blatant second yellow to Harness for taking our player out, 2 minutes after he had been booked before.

So if the referees hierarchy are going to demote referees to lower leagues for incompetent refereeing, this guy should be back on park football!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Having now seen the highlights, Hulls pen was a brain dead push in the back from Mavadidi, but was outside the area, so should have only been a free kick.

Vardy should have had a pen for the second challenge on him, Vardy lays the ball back, their guy is too late to the ball and catches Vardys foot, and Seri should absolutely have had a second yellow.

Not only did he not move away, he actually walks towards Faes, and as Faes dummys to take it, puts his foot out.

It might be soft, but in the laws of the game its another yellow.

This was the same guy that was the referee for the Ipswich away game, where he didnt give a stonewall pen on KDH, and he didnt give a blatant second yellow to Harness for taking our player out, 2 minutes after he had been booked before.

So if the referees hierarchy are going to demote referees to lower leagues for incompetent refereeing, this guy should be back on park football!

Watching the EFL highlights myself and the presenter interviewing Enzo did his talking for him. Compared to the commentator who was obviously following EFL guidelines referring to our penalty as soft but no comment on theirs lol

Shocking that it’s the same ref as the Ipswich away game though. I hate when teams do it but we need to look after ourselves and demand he is kept away from our games. What if we go into the Blackburn game needing a result for promotion and this p**** is put in charge again?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Watching the EFL highlights myself and the presenter interviewing Enzo did his talking for him. Compared to the commentator who was obviously following EFL guidelines referring to our penalty as soft but no comment on theirs lol

Shocking that it’s the same ref as the Ipswich away game though. I hate when teams do it but we need to look after ourselves and demand he is kept away from our games. What if we go into the Blackburn game needing a result for promotion and this p**** is put in charge again?

Couldn`t agree more.

It’s not just the blatant things they’re missing but also the cheap soft fouls. The amount against us will be so much higher than the opposition. Especially KDH, he can’t win a soft foul to save his life and usually ends up giving up a soft foul as a result for trying! We’re not even a physical team so it’s not as if we’re being too strong.

We’re getting very little from refs whereas opposition seem to be getting a lot. It’s completely unbalanced and has been for several weeks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I need to find my tin foil hat as I’m beginning to think the EFL have had a word with their refs to try and do what they can to try and keep us down. 

You’re not alone on this one. We’ve had shoddy refs all season but the decisions against us since we built up a commanding lead (and it now transpires were under investigation for our finances) are very suspicious. Can’t recall a single game in which I haven’t felt like the officials have been against us since minute one 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The two Penalties evened themselves out. 

But for me Vards' second half was clear, PL defo a pen

Don't think that was a penalty. Looked to me the defenders foot was away from Vardy and Vardy's follow through kicks the defenders foot.

Should have been a second yellow for trying to stop a quick freekick.

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Didn't think you were allowed to officiate a game that would impact the team you/your family are supporters of

That's literally the reason Spurs had Kevin Friend taken off one of their games in the 15/16 run-in so unless it's changed, yea you're not. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

The amount of self-pity and conspiracy theorizing on here is truly staggering.

No one is out to get us or keep us down.  Officiating is bad in the PL - how awful is it going to be in this league?  We get screwed by bad calls and have a few go in our favor as well.  It shouldn't happen but it doesn't help to look for intent in it or use it as an excuse for our poor form.  And generally speaking, the style of officiating in the Championship works out badly for possession and flair-based sides, because weaker teams get away with murder trying to slog the game down.  It sucks but that's all it is, not Men in Black.

This - close the thread. 

Yes we've had some bad ones go against us recently but we also benefited on Tuesday from a poor call with the choudhury foul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The role of the linesmen in general is appalling. They must be given a directive not to over rule the referees. 

they don't even signal which way a throw in should go anymore

• Like 2

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

they don't even signal which way a throw in should go anymore

It's appalling how the linesman, with the best position generally just wait for the ref to make a decision. 

The 4th official also makes a lot of decisions from what I've gathered from numerous football podcasts. 

not one to moan on here about the standard of officiating but yesterday was shocking, just like most games. haven't seen the highlights yet and not seen it mentioned but Faes getting dragged to the ground in the box looked a pen as well. we certainly ain't getting it evened out right now

• Like 1

It’s the inexplicable decisions that make me wonder. Very often you can see why something has been missed, or a call is given a certain way. You can think it through. These decisions don’t bother me, but the ones where you genuinely can’t see why a decision has been made, and it seems contrary to what you see week in, week out over many years of watching football? Well, you expect one every now then but when there’s a handful in the space of a month or so, it’s hard to not feel that the refs have been given directives. Particularly when what your team is doing is overtly not what the powers that be want.  E.g., pissing the “hardest league in the world”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The amount of self-pity and conspiracy theorizing on here is truly staggering.

No one is out to get us or keep us down.  Officiating is bad in the PL - how awful is it going to be in this league?  We get screwed by bad calls and have a few go in our favor as well.  It shouldn't happen but it doesn't help to look for intent in it or use it as an excuse for our poor form.  And generally speaking, the style of officiating in the Championship works out badly for possession and flair-based sides, because weaker teams get away with murder trying to slog the game down.  It sucks but that's all it is, not Men in Black.

I agree - I'm never baffled by the degree of peoples sheer incompetence - that's why I never believe in conspiracy theories 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1