Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

There's a memey-type video thing going round a couple of the online football troll sites that shows a game on FIFA where the player makes the ref follow his goalscorer round the pitch for a good couple of minutes so that he doesn't book him. Just comically walking round behind him like a Benny Hill sketch. Watched the ref yesterday when Stephy took his shirt off and he does the exact same thing. Follows him, tracks him down the side of the pitch, walks back with him to the centre circle and waits for his shirt to go back on before issuing a yellow with the most attention-seeking flourish you can imagine.

I thought Keith Stroud was bad but this guy should take a bow as the worst of the season.

This guy was absolutely moronic. The lack of yellows for them was something I’ve never seen before. I saw Peter Pan the play that went wrong at the curve post game. Well this was the ref that went wrong at the KP

Edited by Unabomber

34 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This guy was absolutely moronic. The lack of yellows for them was something I’ve never seen before. I saw Peter Pan the play that went wrong at the curve post game. Well this was the ref that went wrong at the KP

What happened, an actor forgot their lines?

44 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He should have been hooked at half time. He should never land another refereeing appointment in his life while he tinkers with the rules he deserves to be panned for it. Even on a Windy day, there’s no excuse for such errors.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

He should have been hooked at half time. He should never land another refereeing appointment in his life while he tinkers with the rules he deserves to be panned for it. Even on a Windy day, there’s no excuse for such errors.

I see what you did there 

• Haha 1

do wonder how Sanderson wasnt booked at all during the game, forever holding on to the man etc;

amazed how James didnt get sent off for them either; Rowett can moan all he likes, hes lucky the ref was bias towards them or theyd have lost by more

• Like 1

Don't rate the bloke we had tonight. No major decisions but feels like he officiates from a previous era, calling virtually everything when the style is to let it flow more. Winks' yellow was harsh, too.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Don't rate the bloke we had tonight. No major decisions but feels like he officiates from a previous era, calling virtually everything when the style is to let it flow more. Winks' yellow was harsh, too.

Just looked like he didn’t want to give anything that might upset either side 

51 minutes ago, Corky said:

He reffed the game away at Sunderland and he did the same then, terrible ref

• Like 1

I swear at one point in the first half, Faes was competing for a header, got shoved by the Millwall striker, ended up handling the ball... and the ref just played on. You'd have thought someone would get a free kick, but he found a different, even more incorrect third option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Winks' yellow was harsh, too.

... and that allowed their scorer to get his match winning shot in as Winks was afraid of tackling him.

• Like 1

He did better than vs Sunderland to be fair. 

So if we're looking for improvement he's on the right trajectory. 

Honeyman should have been sent off for the early tackle on Yunus though. 

• Haha 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Ref was quite decent by championship standards, he wasn’t responsible for the players being bottle jobs when it come to 50/50 tackles 

7 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Ref was quite decent by championship standards, he wasn’t responsible for the players being bottle jobs when it come to 50/50 tackles 

No, but the Winks yellow card was an unfathomable decision. And it's not as if he didn't have a good view of it either - it defies belief that he judged that passage of play as a foul against us and a Winks yellow card. Millwall also were given a corner after one of their players blatantly headed the ball behind our goal line. Admittedly that was more on the linesman than the ref, but it was another example of how clueless the officiating is in the Championship. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No, but the Winks yellow card was an unfathomable decision. And it's not as if he didn't have a good view of it either - it defies belief that he judged that passage of play as a foul against us and a Winks yellow card. Millwall also were given a corner after one of their players blatantly headed the ball behind our goal line. Admittedly that was more on the linesman than the ref, but it was another example of how clueless the officiating is in the Championship. 

If you’re talking a about a red card or an obvious offside fair enough but winks being on a yellow card was not the reason we lost yesterday, Millwall were better tactically and  our players bottled it, overall the ref had good control of the game.