Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Starting to be convinced that the refs are rigging this division because the EFL didn't want a title procession, between the clear foul on JJ when Middlesbrough went 1-0 up, Dakas goal at leeds being disallowed for nothing, seri not getting sent off today...

It's not only EFL. It's also a certain subscription TV company. 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

This is what Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall had to look like, before the imbecile of a ref would give a foul on him:

Screenshot_20240309_170635_DuckDuckGo.jpg.d8c86da47589a7f6e1ef24baaf14a53e.jpg

I agree, but I think he's become too Grealish like and the referees have conversed about him to be honest. He doesn't help himself at times with ones he goes over for and claims. 

26 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

So the Prem don't like us, the FPL don't like us, they are both trying to rewrite their FFP rules to screw us over if possible, Leeds are getting opponents red carded and getting away with murder every week, while every game we are getting bad decisions going against us consistently, expecially every time we are on TV, and against top of the table opposition.

Think that nicely summarizes the current situation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Thought the penos were similar, both soft but I don't think either set of fans can really complain about them.

What annoyed me was the guy blocking the quick free kick towards the end and the ref trying to insert himself into every situation in stoppage time.

He blew dead on time even though in injury time he delayed 2 corners by lecturing players about pushing for ages, plus spent nearly a minute doing the magic spray for a free kick where we were never going to shoot anyway. Awful. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Matters not when the EFL are paying them off. These shit decisions we’ve received over the last 4 weeks can’t be a coincidence. They can’t all be that bad can they? 

Enzo furious and rightly so. 

Absolutely laughable. Sometimes I ****ing despise the professional game

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Hull fans seem to think Fatawu dove for our pen.

And they probably think they penalty was fair  and just ..

Southampton scored with a double kick penalty apparently.

Edited by Super_horns

I’m usually quite positive on here but cannot for the life of me believe what I’ve seen from the refs over the past month.

Call me mad but I think there’s a genuine bias at the moment, the ref literally pulled his card out for the seri incident then bottled it.

• Like 1

Seeing the highlights. My god, that ref needs his licence taken away from him. How on earth has he not given a second yellow for Seri obstructing the free kick is down right corrupt. Vards should have had a penalty, I'm not convinced both the assistant ref and the ref both missed it. 

I'm sorry, if I performed like that in my job, I'd get pulled up on it!! Disgraceful. I so sick of the refereeing in this country. Get every ref a standard training. I seen 1 good ref all season...1. He was that good he was memorable. 

The EFL don't want us to go up so they can make an example of us next season. 

Corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. 

Night all

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just seen that Sonny Singh Gill from Tuesday got a PL game today. So officially we can say assessment isn’t a thing anymore.

I can’t imagine a scenario of me having a terrible day at work littered with mistakes only to be called in by my boss the next day to be awarded a promotion. 

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Just seen that Sonny Singh Gill from Tuesday got a PL game today. So officially we can say assessment isn’t a thing anymore.

I can’t imagine a scenario of me having a terrible day at work littered with mistakes only to be called in by my boss the next day to be awarded a promotion. 

Tbf he was given that game as soon as Tierney was dropped Sunday evening.

Clearly they weren't going to alter that with all the press I'd had got. 

glad to see more are seeing the farce the officials have become this season(in general from premier league to league 2, i know the officials can be even worse in non league)

so many incredibly bad decisions being missed, ones plain to see, Hull fans have had some incredible decisions go their way this week, the Tufan handball goal that wasnt ruled out and today for their penalty and Seri not being sent off

incredible amount in the premier league too even with VAR.

I know other fans are saying what are we moaning at, youre rattled, bottle jobs etc, but the last 5/6 games(including the FA Cup) the officials have honestly been awful, some of the worse i've seen in a while, some of the decisions against us have massively impacted the games; like the Ricky P tackle against Leeds, clear as day got the ball but it gets called a foul and hes booked. 

PGMOL etc needs a massive overhaul or something

6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Definitely did, goes for his pocket and bottles it 

It'd be a shame to go up the Forest route but we can't just roll over and accept this bollocks. We need to get on their backs more as a team and fanbase.

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Seeing the highlights. My god, that ref needs his licence taken away from him. How on earth has he not given a second yellow for Seri obstructing the free kick is down right corrupt. Vards should have had a penalty, I'm not convinced both the assistant ref and the ref both missed it. 

I'm sorry, if I performed like that in my job, I'd get pulled up on it!! Disgraceful. I so sick of the refereeing in this country. Get every ref a standard training. I seen 1 good ref all season...1. He was that good he was memorable. 

The EFL don't want us to go up so they can make an example of us next season. 

Corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. 

Night all

Ref was absolutely shite, but it was a dive let’s have it right

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Ref was absolutely shite, but it was a dive let’s have it right

I disagree. The second tackle missed the ball and went across Vards feet taking him down. That to me is a foul and a penalty. 

• Like 1

If he turned up for your lads / girls Under 11 teams game you'd be gutted. 

Not sending Seri after reaching for the yellow is weak and poor in the extreme. 

Their penalty outside of the box and the holding of Mavi was bordering comical. 

Also not helped by the linesmen who are also absolutely crap in this league 

• Like 2