Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Just now, The Doctor said:

The point is we didn't have 93 minutes because the ball wasn't in play for a huge amount of that with the timewasting. Can hardly score when the ball isn't in play, and the late goals are scored in time that should be played for the match under the rules of the game. 

Of course but that's par for the course for a football match these days and it doesn't stop other teams scoring in that time.

We may have had a lot of attempts in the last 10-15 mins  but they were mostly poor efforts. I still don't think we would have scored in any more added time. We were just not playing to Enzo's plan.

"Of the 21 shots, 12 went wide or over, seven were blocked, one from Abdul Fatawu hit the post, and one from Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall went into Ingram’s hands.

But the problem for City was not just poor finishing, it was poor shot selection. A high shot count does not necessarily mean a team is playing really well if, say, among the efforts there are centre-backs attempting to score from 25 yards with their weaker foot. Isn’t that right, Wout Faes? In fact, City’s three centre-backs had as many shots as Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy did combined"

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Of course but that's par for the course for a football match these days and it doesn't stop other teams scoring in that time.

We may have had a lot of attempts in the last 10-15 mins  but they were mostly poor efforts. I still don't think we would have scored in any more added time. We were just not playing to Enzo's plan.

"Of the 21 shots, 12 went wide or over, seven were blocked, one from Abdul Fatawu hit the post, and one from Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall went into Ingram’s hands.

But the problem for City was not just poor finishing, it was poor shot selection. A high shot count does not necessarily mean a team is playing really well if, say, among the efforts there are centre-backs attempting to score from 25 yards with their weaker foot. Isn’t that right, Wout Faes? In fact, City’s three centre-backs had as many shots as Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy did combined"

This discussion is about the poor officiating, not the team's performance.

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well yes we had too many below par performances across the squad but that doesn't change that for large parts we did not have the chance to score because no football was being played. You can't score if the opponents waste near enough every second of time and that has to be punished. A keeper lying on the ball for 30 seconds every couple of minutes or a CB taking 30 seconds to take a goal kick every couple of minutes should not be seen as a legitimate tactic to which opponents don't have an answer

42 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

This discussion is about the poor officiating, not the team's performance.

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well yes we had too many below par performances across the squad but that doesn't change that for large parts we did not have the chance to score because no football was being played. You can't score if the opponents waste near enough every second of time and that has to be punished. A keeper lying on the ball for 30 seconds every couple of minutes or a CB taking 30 seconds to take a goal kick every couple of minutes should not be seen as a legitimate tactic to which opponents don't have an answer

I've said several times the ref was rubbish but I think it's a bit rich when some fans seem to be blaming him for us not getting anything from the game when our performance was just as poor.

That's my last words on this as all everyone is doing is repeating the same points.

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

All we need to do is forward on this clip of a kid in the away end who couldn't quite believe the amount of added time. Bless him, looks like the best thing that ever happened to him.

Find it kind of shocking how much he see's us a scalp. Makes on like they're playing 09' Barca. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Find it kind of shocking how much he see's us a scalp. Makes on like they're playing 09' Barca. 

I was in the counting house pre-match and it reminded me of when Leicester fans were in Madrid. They were all proper giddy.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I've said several times the ref was rubbish but I think it's a bit rich when some fans seem to be blaming him for us not getting anything from the game when our performance was just as poor.

That's my last words on this as all everyone is doing is repeating the same points.

I've been repeating myself in response to you repeating yourself :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Doubt it as Winks was nowhere near the ref at the time. Winks was shouting at Seri and the ref booked him. He hadn't said anything to the ref at that point from what i could see 

See, that’s not how I remember it.

I remember Winks getting in the fakers face, and the going over and yelling at the ref before being shown the card.  

Of course, I’m getting old and there is no way to go back and rewatch games on FoxHub, so it’s entirely possible that I’m wrong.

The ref was garbage at weekend. But the whole experience was garbage for me. I hated how much it cost to take my son, park, have a couple of beers, a hotdog, tickets etc. I hated how shit the atmosphere had become. Omnipresent sad wannabes in abundance. I hated how shit we were. How passionless. The general incompetence. Hated having to pretend some

might be a player when everyone can see they’re  regressing. Hated the whole goddamned day. Hated getting home and watching the same corruption of decisions for the scum-bag six on highlights. Genuinely think I may need a break from football. It’s so hard to love something that’s been so badly  tarnished. Hopefully not irreparably. Over and out for a while. Maybe 😞🤞🤷

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

The ref was garbage at weekend. But the whole experience was garbage for me. I hated how much it cost to take my son, park, have a couple of beers, a hotdog, tickets etc. I hated how shit the atmosphere had become. Omnipresent sad wannabes in abundance. I hated how shit we were. How passionless. The general incompetence. Hated having to pretend some

might be a player when everyone can see they’re  regressing. Hated the whole goddamned day. Hated getting home and watching the same corruption of decisions for the scum-bag six on highlights. Genuinely think I may need a break from football. It’s so hard to love something that’s been so badly  tarnished. Hopefully not irreparably. Over and out for a while. Maybe 😞🤞🤷

go get a pint in mate and try to smile. were you at yeovil away in league one?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

See you at the Bristol game right?

16 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Bad day at work mate?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

All we need to do is forward on this clip of a kid in the away end who couldn't quite believe the amount of added time. Bless him, looks like the best thing that ever happened to him.

It is pretty mad the way we're being spoken about. We are definitely perceived as too big for this league by outsiders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davieG said:

You're fighting a losing battle mate. I got told I don't know anything about football when I suggested our issues are with creating chances rather than with the strikers. Like you say, the ref was poor but that didn't effect the result, we were awful in the final 3rd against Hull. Having 60%+ possession and having 20 shots means naff all when the shots are from long range. The headers for Vardy and Casadei were chances and Mavididi would have had a clear chance had KDH passed to him but other than that we created nothing that caused them problems and their keeper won't have an easier game all season. I've come to learn that there are many idiots on here who have no idea what they are talking about 

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You're fighting a losing battle mate. I got told I don't know anything about football when I suggested our issues are with creating chances rather than with the strikers. Like you say, the ref was poor but that didn't effect the result, we were awful in the final 3rd against Hull. Having 60%+ possession and having 20 shots means naff all when the shots are from long range. The headers for Vardy and Casadei were chances and Mavididi would have had a clear chance had KDH passed to him but other than that we created nothing that caused them problems and their keeper won't have an easier game all season. I've come to learn that there are many idiots on here who have no idea what they are talking about 

You really can't say that's the case though. Maybe we'd still have lost with a competent ref however because of the ref giving them carte blanche to timewaste the entire second half, we didn't have a reasonable chance to see if we could get something from the game, which is the entire point. If we're going to lose, let us lose on our own lack of merit, playing a full game and not doing enough, rather than because the ref treated cheating (which excessive timewasting is) as a legitimate tactic 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You really can't say that's the case though. Maybe we'd still have lost with a competent ref however because of the ref giving them carte blanche to timewaste the entire second half, we didn't have a reasonable chance to see if we could get something from the game, which is the entire point. If we're going to lose, let us lose on our own lack of merit, playing a full game and not doing enough, rather than because the ref treated cheating (which excessive timewasting is) as a legitimate tactic 

I just think some are clutching at straws mate. We didn't play well, we move on to the next game 

• 3 weeks later...

At 1-0, the ball hits Fatawu square in the face, ref gives a free kick to the opposition in a dangerous position for handball.

Not quite as egregious as Morgan's penalty against the Scousers, but I do think there's a correlation between these two incidents and areas of the country where the gene pool could feasibly lead to fingers growing out of people's noses.

• Like 2